Melody

When the Winter Comes...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung..."

Taehyung pulled apart his body from Jungkook's embrace and walked away..

.

.

.

.

 

[Taehyung's POV]

"Why didn't you tell me few days before?" I shocked at what Nayeon just said. "I didn't go anywhere and you always see me in our class or you could've just told Sana about that."

"Im sorry, Taehyung. I forgot to tell you and Sana about this. I swear. Im so sorry.." She said, begging me and trying to act cute with those big bunny teeth. I sighed.

"Well.. I couldn't reject this, and i couldn't run.. Kill me now." I said as i sat down lazily and slumped my upper body forward onto the table.

"I can't kill you. Im sorry. Now go practice with the ShyShy lady, okay?? Bye!!" She said as she turned around and fleed away. I sighed.

Me and Sana are partners in music. We usually perform together, she plays violin and me plays piano. And tomorrow is the show. I mean, yeah our department always carry out a show every last month for us to perform in order to develop our skills and ability to perform in front of many people, but they used to tell me one week or days before the show. No one told me about this so i thought they might have any problem or certain reason that they have to delay the show,, until Nayeon --the leader of the committe-- told me today.

I decided to call Sana.

 

.

.

.

 

[Jungkook's POV]

"Hey,, is that ... Taehyung?" Namjoon hyung said while squinting in attempt to see more clearly the said male from afar.

We were walking while discussing something about business stuffs since he was studying the same major as me. 

I look at the direction that Namjoon hyung pointed out and there i saw Taehyung, he was standing while looking at his phone. Seemed like after hung up.

"Yeah. Let's go hyung."

Namjoon hyung hold me on, brows furrowing. "Wait.. You didn't usually like this."

I sighed then looked over at Namjoon hyung, "He doesn't want to talk to me. I don't know why."

"Try to call him."

"He has been ignoring my texts and calls these three ing days."

"Just call him now and let's see how he would reacts."

I hesitate a bit. "Okay."

I searched his name on the contact list, and called him. I set the speaker mode on.

I could see him from afar. He was startled a bit when he took out his phone, and just staring at it, not doing anything. 

"See?" I said as i glanced at Namjoon hyung, but i was shocked at what happened next. He answered the call. I could see his blank face from afar. He didn't say anything yet.

[Author's POV]

"H-hyung?"

He didn't know what kind of courage that made him said a word. 

Taehyung tightened his grip on the phone.

Jungkook bit his bottom lip when he heard Taehyung's shocked breath.

"Hey Jungkook?"

Both of them -- Jungkook and Namjoon -- were totally confused by Taehyung's happy voice. And the fact that Taehyung called him by his real name frustrated him.

Jungkook his lip before saying, "L-let's-"

"Um. Jungkook? Sorry. Im busy now. Please tell the others too."

Jungkook looked over at Namjoon. Namjoon sighed.

"Ohh. Okay hyung. You can-"

"And.. Let's not talking anymore, okay?"

The words were coming out smoothly from Taehyung's mouth. Jungkook shocked at it, he didn't know what to say. Did Taehyung just really say that?

"Okay?" 

Taehyung said once again, they could see the smile on Taehyung's face.

"Jungkook, is that a hard question?"

"W-why?"

"Because it's better." Taehyung said, then hung up immediately.

Jungkook was standing still, didn't move. And there they saw Taehyung was now looking at them, blankly. They're staring at each other from the distance before Taehyung walked away.

Jungkook lowered his gaze,, he was confused. He didn't know what to think neither what he should do. He was trying to understand what was happening. He couldn't feel anything. He frowned, trying to figure out something. But he didn't know. He was sad? he didn't know. He felt numb.

"Jungkook?" Namjoon said as he looked at Jungkook's eyes.

Jungkook let out chuckles. "Namjoon hyung, i don't understand."

 

.

.

.

 

"Where were you Daegu alien? I'v been waiting here for decades!" Sana said as she stopped playing violin. Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Not important." He walked towards the piano chair and sat down.

Taehyung stretched his hand and sighed heavily. "What are we gonna ing play tomorrow?"  

"Watch your words, Mozart guy." Sana said, shooting a death glare. 

"But i don't wanna"

"Whatever. We're gonna perform Saint Saen's opus." 

Sana took the papers and gave them to Taehyung. "Here."

"Wow" He was goggling at what he saw while trying to play the piano with his free hand, fitting with the musical notes on papers.

"What?" Sana asked, frowned.

"Too simple." Taehyung said.

 

.

.

.

 

10 pm.

The university wasn't really dark since there are some street lights and the lights from buildings were still on. And it wasn't empty either, some students just finished their class, some in the library, and the others were doing what-so-ever things they did.

The two were practicing until night in a pretty big studio full of air conditioner. They had been repeating their play over and over again in attempt to perform perfectly.

"Let's just stop. We're over-doing this." Sana said as she pulled down her violin and threw her body lazily to sit on the carpet. "Im so sleepy and tired. My fingers feels like detached."

Taehyung sighed, he was droop exhausted, and slump onto the piano in front of him, his forehead pressed down the piano keys, the sound filled the empty room.

Sana looked up at Taehyung since the sound made her startled. "Hey, you okay?"

"Hmm.." Taehyung stood up immediately and grabbed his bag. "That's a wrap. We're doing prefectly well." Sana stood up as well and put his violin into her silk violin bag.

They walked out of the room and locked the door. Suddenly Taehyung's phone rang, it resounded through the hallway.

"Well.. See you tomorrow!" Sana said as she walked away before Taehyung.

"Okay."

He looked at the screen. It's Yoongi.

"Taehyung, don't ask what is happening. Come here in one second and pick the drunk Jungkook out of he-"

"But-"

"-re. He just broke up with his 2 years girlfriend and he was trying to some s. Jimin got fever and im-"

"What?-"

"...gonna take care of him, Namjoon is working on whatev-"

"hyu-"

"-er which the deadline is ing tomorrow, Jin hyung is out of range, Hoseok is nowhere. Don't even try to say no, Kim. The addres is xxxxx. BamBam Bar. Bye."

Yoongi hung up immediately. Taehyung sighed.

Should i pick him up? Doesn't he hate me now?

.

.

.

 

Taehyung entered the bar and cringed as the sudden acrid smell of alcohol wafted. The disco lights flickering glare. Very noisy. He was trying to find them, when suddenly he heard his name being shouted. "Taehyung! here!"

Yoongi and Jungkook were sitting on the bar chair as Jungkook kept fill up the glass with alcohol, intoxicated.

"I give him to you, now i have to go." Yoongi said as he stood up and walked away. Taehyung only nodded in respond. 

Taehyung looked at Jungkook and sighed. He wrapped Jungkook's hand around his nape with his hand around Jungkook's waist and held the younger up then walked towards the exit door. Jungkook staggered on his feet, swaying a little. It made Taehyung stumbled few times. "Arrghh Jungkook you're so heavy." Jungkook let out chuckles. "Aww baby boyyy" He said then hiccuped afterwards. Taehyung glared at him only to see Jungkook's grinn. His face heated up. "Don't... Don't glare *hik* at me, baby boy... *hik* My hyung's ignoring me a *hik* nd my girlfriend left me.." Taehyung didn't say anything. He got a move on and made it to the car. He dropped Jungkook onto the passenger seat.

He got in the car, and started to drive.

"Hyung..." Jungkook mumbled while his eyes closed.

"Hmm."

Jungkook didn't reply after that. He dozed off. Taehyung glanced at Jungkook through the rear view mirror. Taehyung didn't know the password of Jungkook's apartment, so he texted Jimin instead. But Jimin didn't know too. So he decided to bring Jungkook to his home.

They arrived at Taehyung's home.

He unlocked the door and the light. His body was sweating in result of carrying the heavy Jungkook. He laid Jungkook down on the bed. He was about to pulled away when he felt Jungkook's tight grip on his wrist. He was pulled harshly onto Jungkook's hard chest.

Taehyung was shocked. His body tensed. He could feel clearly his heartbeat hitting his chest harshly as if trying to escape. Jungkook suddenly wrapped his hands around Taehyung waist, and breathed out heavily. His eyes still closed. The elder turned soft.

  "Why do you not want to talk to me?"  

Jungkook could feel Taehyung's warm breath touching the skin of the crook of his neck. And it made h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter