Chapter 7

I Don't Love You!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Although Baekhyun was skilled with a blade by now, there was no amount of training that could prepare him for a real battle. The only thing he could do for comfort was remind himself that he was saving the innocent people of his kingdom, that this was his destiny as one of the nine Exo knights. This is why he was granted with the power of light, as useless as it might be. This is what he was meant to do.

 

Keeping these thoughts in mind, Baekhyun bravely fought to defend a nearby village that had fallen under enemy attack. Baekhyun was terrified at first, but his nerves were soothed when he realized that Sehun was close by his side. He was surprised, he expected Sehun to bolt off to the front line and leave him to defend himself, but Sehun never left his side. He stayed right beside him, using his powerful gusts of wind to send people flying into the air. Baekhyun hardly had to fight at all. 

 

In fact, Baekhyun felt pity for the other soldiers. The amount of courage they must have had to face the Exo Knights was rather impressive. Baekhyun could hear the nearby crashes of thunder, feel the ground shaking beneath him, see fireballs shooting through the sky. Baekhyun wondered how they could face such an adversary, but these men had no fear. They were a fierce savage army, men from the mountains who thrived on the glory of war.

 

After what seemed to Baekhyun a rather short amount of time, the battle was over. Baekhyun let out a sigh of relief and his body relaxed. Sehun however, was still carefully analyzing the battlefield. Soon he caught sight of a man sneaking up behind Baekhyun. He withdrew his long knife with a cruel smirk, ready to pounce on his prey. But before he could get close enough, Sehun used his power of wind to elevate Baekhyun into the air. With Baekhyun out of the way, and the man left in bewilderment, Sehun was able to make a sudden attack. Once he had been defeated, Sehun gently placed Baekhyun back onto the ground. Baekhyun’s eyes were wide in surprise, he blinked for a moment to take in what had just happened.

 

“Thank you Sehun.” Baekhyun smiled.

 

Sehun stared at Baekhyun temporarily, and Baekhyun swore he noticed Sehun’s eyes were a little warmer than usual. Sehun simply nodded before he moved away to check the rest of the battlefield for survivors. As he walked away, Baekhyun noticed a cold breeze envelope him. It swirled around him in such an unnatural way that Baekhyun couldn’t help but notice. 

 

“…It can’t be…”

 

He stood there waiting, waiting to see if anymore gusts of wind would happen to brush past him. But it was another clear warm night, and the air was still. Baekhyun bit his lip, it was still just a possibility, but deep down he really hoped that wind came from Sehun.

 

After celebrating their victory, Baekhyun made his way towards his room, looking forward to his well deserved rest. As he was walking, someone suddenly patted his shoulder. Baekhyun turned to see Sehun standing next to him. Baekhyun felt his heart thump.

 

“You did well today.”

 

Baekhyun nervously smiled, “T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter