Chapter 2

I Don't Love You!!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun had been left alone to his training while the others went off to deal with the recent attack. The other guards had offered to be Baekhyun’s sparring partner, but it didn’t matter who it was, Baekhyun always imagined he was fighting Sehun. Even in his sleep Baekhyun was fighting with Sehun. His thoughts had been completely absorbed with proving himself to him.

 

After a weeks time the knights returned, and Baekhyun went to greet them. They paraded on their horses through a crowd of villagers as they made their way back to the castle. Flowers rained down on them as a sign of gratitude from the townspeople. Once they were inside the castle walls, they dismounted from their horses and made their way over to Baekhyun. Each of them smiled and patted Baekhyun on the shoulder, until at last Sehun appeared in front of him. He stared down at Baekhyun with the same dark eyes Baekhyun could remember so clearly even in his sleep.

 

Without a word Sehun walked past him. Baekhyun took a deep breath, he could feel his heart beating quickly inside his chest. 

 

That night as the knights were all eating together and sharing stories of their victory, Baekhyun kept his eyes on Sehun. Sehun remained silent, only opening his mouth to eat his well deserved food.

 

After tolerating Baekhyun’s gaze for a good long while, Sehun finally shifted his eyes to stare back at him. His cold eyes caused a shiver to go down Baekhyun’s spine. Baekhyun quickly looked away, trying to pretend as if he wasn’t staring at Sehun. He started eating again to soothe the awkward atmosphere.

 

Baekhyun lay in his bed wide awake, he couldn’t sleep, he couldn’t get Sehun’s gaze out of his mind. At last he decided to go outside to train some more.

 

Defeating thoughts began to fill his mind. Who was he kidding? He could never be strong like the other knights. Sehun was right, his power really was useless.

 

Suddenly the swing of his sword was stopped when his hand was gripped by another much larger hand. Baekhyun looked behind himself and his breath halted when he recognized the piercing pair of eyes staring at him.

 

“You’re being sloppy.”

 

Baekhyun lowered his sword and Sehun let go of his hand.

 

“What are you doing here?” Baekhyun asked in surprise.

 

Sehun paused, his eyes stayed fixated on Baekhyun’s. Baekhyun’s heart started beating quickly.

 

“I’ve been here the whole time.”

 

Baekhyun felt a deep pound in his heart, he nervously gulped at the thought of Sehun watching him.

 

“You really should just leave.”

 

Baekhyun glared at him, “I’m not listening to you!”

 

Sehun sighed, “You’re not fit to be a soldier.”

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath, “It’s not my choice anyway. I’ve been running away this whole time, but I am one of you guys, whether I like it or not. I can’t leave now, the King won’t allow it.”

 

Sehun’s eyebrows bent slightly, showing his disapproval of Baekhyun’s words.

 

“Fine, if you can manage to defeat one of the knights in a fight, then I will allow you to join us in battle. Until then you are to remain here, otherwise you’d only be a burden to us.”

 

Baekhyun let out a puff of air, “Fine.”

 

“Kyungsoo will be your training partner. I’ll make sure he understands not to use his powers against you. For now, he will act like an ordinary soldier.”

 

Baekhyun nodded, and Sehun stayed staring at him for a moment, “At least you’ll be matched in height if nothing else.”

 

Baekhyun glared at up him, “Excuse me!?”

 

Answering with only an amused smirk, Seh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter