Chapter 6

So, this is love.
(Guigui's POV)
Just as I was about to unbuckle my seat belt and get down from the car, Aaron suddenly spoke.

"Thanks for helping me." His voice sounded really cold, for a split second, I thought we were strangers.

I smiled and got down from the car, after that, I d around in my pocket for my house keys. Strange. I can't seemed to find my keys. They aren't in my pocket! I quickly searched for them in my hand bag, but they were nowhere to be found too. I started to panic. I remembered that I left them in my pocket this morning. Or was it somewhere else? But, I remembered that they were in my pocket. Wait, maybe I didn't put them in my pocket.

Oh, what am I saying!? I am just confusing myself! Guigui, calm down and think hard. Think hard. Think hard. Think hard.

Oh! I must have taken them out while looking for my wallet in the car. ARGH! NO! So, they are in Aaron's car! How am I supposed to contact Aaron when I do not even have his cellphone number. Sheesh, why didn't I asked for his cellphone number? Which means, I wouldn't have a place to stay now. But, maybe Aaron's still here. Yeah, maybe he hasn't drove off yet. I turned behind, only to see that Aaron's car was already nowhere to be seen. He must have drove off already. Now what?

What am I supposed to do now? Maybe, I should stay at Hebe's place tonight. Happy and relieved with my brilliant idea, I took my cellphone out of my pocket, only to find out that my cellphone screen was blank.

"No. I forgot to charge you! It doesn't mean that you can go flat now!" I grumbled and tapped my cellphone, but it didn't seemed to work.

I guessed, even my cellphone battery had went flat.

GREAT. Now, I have no other way to get back home. Neither do I have any place to stay tonight. Why am I so unlucky!? Firstly, I left my keys in Aaron's car. Second, my cellphone battery went flat! Now, I am unsure of what to do.

I sat by the door step of my house and watched helplessly at the streets. I wouldn't want to stay here all night, it's so cold and quiet that I could only hear my own breathing and heart pumping. And there are mosquitoes flying around. Speaking of which, here's one! I left it flying since I dislike killing animals.

Also, I wouldn't want to sleep in this state, but I felt really sleepy and dizzy. I hugged my knees and blew my hands. I could even feel the chill down my spine. It was getting colder and colder as time went by. I hugged my knees tighter when I felt colder.
(Guigui's POV End)
"Guess I am going to sleep with mosquitoes tonight." Guigui mumbled to herself and her eyes started closing slowly.

Little did she know, her body was already starting to warm up.

(Aaron's POV)
I noticed something shimmering as I turned to the passenger seat. As soon as I stopped the car to see what was it, I realised that it was a pair of keys. I guessed, it must be Guigui's. Swiftly, I made a U-turn, towards Guigui's house. Silly girl, she must have left her house keys in the car. Less than a minute, I arrived at Guigui's house. To my surprise, I saw a lady hugging her knees while sleeping. It must be Guigui.

I walked briskly to where she was and gently shook her to wake her up.

"Guigui. I've got your keys already." I tapped her on the shoulder.

Still, she did not reply. She continued sleeping. I tried to pull her arm, but I only felt that her arm was really warm. That's odd. In such a chilly weather, she should be cold instead of warm. My hand reached for her forehead, and the other reaching mine. That's when I realised she was running a high fever.

"Gui, wake up." I shook her anxiously, trying to wake her up from her sleep.

Her eyes fluttered open gently and her face was pale.

"Aaron..." Guigui smiled weakly as she saw the keys in my hands.

But just before I could help her up, she fell back to sleep.

"Silly. You are running a high fever." I felt her cheeks.

I shook my head and smiled. With that, I opened the door to Guigui's house and placed the keys in my pocket. Then, I carried Guigui bridal style, into the house. Her house was rather small yet it gave a comfortable, cheery feeling. The walls of the living room were painted sky blue. Gently, I placed her on the black sofa, located in front of the Plasma Television. I looked at the narrow path way, leading to the other rooms. I opened one of the wooden doors with a small tag saying: 'Stitch Wonderland', only to see a bed full of Stitch stuff toys. This must be her bedroom.

I guessed, she must have really love Stitch a lot. I went back to the living room and carried her to her bedroom. I shook my head as I covered the blanket over her body. Even the blanket and bedsheet is of Stitch. I looked around her bedroom. A small window with Stitch curtains caught my eyes. Everything in her house is filled with Stitch.

"Stitch, power!" Guigui suddenly mumbled.

She must be dreaming. Wow, she's even dreaming of Stitch now.

On the other hand, how can she sleep in such a state? There are so many Stitch stuff toys surrounding her that she seemed to have a small space left for sleeping. Beside the bed was a small bedroom table, with a lamp and a family portrait. I picked up the family portrait which features both her parents, and a little girl, wearing Stitch ears smiling joyfully. How I wished that I could have such a family portrait. I sighed and took a glance of Guigui. Then, I went to the bathroom to get a small wet towel.

With that, I placed the small towel on her forehead gently. I took a chair that was in front of her study table and sat down, watching her.

She had a fair and healthy complexion. Her cheeks was naturally rosy and her eyelashes were long, which added onto her cuteness. Wait, what am I doing? What's with all this stupid comments of her? It couldn't be love at first sight, right? Wait, love at first sight doesn't even exist.

I sat on the chair by the bed and thought about going back home but I leaned back against the chair and decided to stay here a little longer to look after her. But it seemed that, unknowingly, I have fell asleep by her side all this while.

(The Next Morning, Guigui's POV)
I turned around comfortably on the bed. Where am I? I remembered falling asleep outside my house last night. Maybe, I was dreaming after all. Yeah, I was dreaming. Hehe.

I did not sleep outside my house and feed the mosquitoes my blood. I did not leave my keys in Aaron's car. It was all a dream.

I giggled and opened my eyes, only to see a familar figure, sleeping right beside my bed. I am still dreaming, am I? I sat up on the bed and rubbed my eyes, trying to get a clearer view of who was sleeping right beside my bed. It was him after all. I slapped myself hard on the face and I felt the pain almost immediately. I am not dreaming, omigosh!

"AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed and scrambled on my bed.

"Wh-!?" Aaron jerked up from his seat and stared at me.

"Why.. why.. why are you here?" I asked, inside, I was feeling rather nervous and scared.

Why is he here? How did he get into my house? Many questions were appearing in my mind.

"You left your keys in my car. Remember?" Aaron took out my house keys from his pocket.

So, I wasn't dreaming after all. It all happened in reality. But still, why was he sleeping right beside my bed?

"Then, why are you sleeping right beside my bed!?" I continued asking.

"Well.. You were clinging onto my arm.. And you said you were lonely. So you needed someone to accompany you. That's why." He was lying, obviously.

I won't ever do that. I am not a loose person who goes around and cling onto people, not letting them go. I glared at him and he gave me a 'what' look.

"Fine. I knew you wouldn't buy that. You were sleeping outside and you were running a high fever. So, I decided to take care of you but I fell asleep instead." He answered.

"That simple?" I shot him a suspicious glare.

"Simple." He answered with a smile.

"You aren't lying this time, are you? You didn't do anything funny to me right?" I still couldn't help but feel worried.

"What do you mean by 'funny'?" He shot me an unsure look.

"Like, you know... funny?" I squinted my eyes to look at him.

"I don't know, what's funny?"

"You know.. that one." I lowered my head.

"Which one?"

"That one." I grinned sheepishly.

"Which one? Tell me, which?"

"I said already. That one. That one!" I grunted.

"Huh?" He looked at me with a blur expression on his face.

"Forget it!" I finally gave up asking him questions.

I crossed my arms and occasionally, took glances of him. After a moment of awkward silence, Aaron got up from his seat and headed for my room door.

"Oh well, I am off to work." Aaron smirked.

"Wait." I stopped him.

He turned around and looked at me, confused.

"Thanks for taking care of me." I smiled sweetly at him and he smiled back.

"You'll take a leave from work today. I'll visit you later. Take care." I watched as Aaron closed the door with a click.

He is a nice guy after all. And he's visiting later. Somehow, I felt really thrilled and elated that he would be visiting later.

-----------------------------------------------------------
GUILUN GUILUN GUILUN ;D
I am in love with them.
I recently rewatched Pi Li MIT and I've also bought the Taipei Concert DVD of Fahrenheit. Aaron is hot :x

Do leave comments!

With truckloads of love,
Kaijin