Chapter 5

So, this is love.
(Aaron's POV)
As the traffic light changes from green to red, I turned to take a glance of Guigui.

She seemed to be a little nervous and scared. Besides that, she looked like, as if, something or someone is going to eat her up.

"Why are you so tensed?" I suddenly asked.

Guigui turned to look at me, bewildered.

"No, I am not. The car's air conditioner is blowing straight at me, causing me to shiver. That's all." She answered.

Without further ado, I adjusted the air conditioner and continued driving as the traffic light changes to yellow, followed by green.

"Thanks." She mumbled.

Somehow, I could sense that she was smiling.

(Guigui's POV)
I was surprised that he was actually such a caring person. Maybe, other from his snobbish and nonsensical character, he actually has a caring trait. Just then, the car came to a halt. I looked outside of the car window, only to see a big restaurant, with a pink-lighted banner with the words 'Osteria Rialto' on it. I guessed, this is the restaurant that Aaron was talking about. I got down the car and he was already standing right infront of me.

"Today only." Aaron said before holding my hand.

I felt my heart skipped a beat as he held my hand. Never ever did I held a guy's hand before, except from my dad's amd Ah Bu's. This was the first time I was holding a guy's hand. What's more, he interlocked his fingers with mine as soon as we entered the restaurant.

"Good Evening Sir and Miss. How may I help you?" A waitress smiled politely at us.

If I were to rate her service, I'll rate 10/10.

"I am Aaron, looking for Mdm Yan."

"This way." The waitress led us to a table.

I felt his grip on my hand tightened. I felt the warmth of his hand and so was my body warming up. Oh my god, Guigui! Wake up! It's the first day of work, and you're acting so stupid with your boss. Sheesh, what's wrong with you?

"Good Evening Grandma." Aaron greeted an old lady, wearing spectacles, with her hair tied in a bun and her face was rather wrinkled.

Oh, so I have to pretend to be his girlfriend, just to satisfy his Grandmother? Wow.

"Aaron, I am so glad to see you. And who is this la-"

Before she could finished her sentence, Aaron interrupted her.

"Allow me to introduce. She's my girlfriend, Guigui." Aaron smiled while I grinned.

"Mdm Yan-" The young, beautiful lady with silky hazelnut curls, who sat beside Aaron's Grandmother suddenly spoke.

"This is Qiao Qiao, the girl whom you will be match-making with." Mdm Yan glared at me as she finished her sentence.

Qiao Qiao lowered her head in embarrassment.

"Auntie, I hope that you could let Aaron be with me. Besides, I really love him." I started to showcase my acting skills.

Aaron's hand shifted from my hands to my shoulders. I stepped on his shoes when he did that.

"Watch what you're doing." I whispered and he continued with what he did.

"Grandma, I truly love Guigui. I've been dating with her for a long time. You'll grow to love her. I am sure." Aaron tried to calm his Grandmother down.

"Qiao Qiao, can we be excused for a moment?" Mdm Yan said in a strict tone.

Qiao Qiao nodded and left the restaurant.

"How long have you guys been dating?" Mdm Yan suddenly spoke, which startled me.

Aaron pulled me to sit beside him and we were sitting face-to-face with Mdm Yan. It felt really awkward as I could sensed the pair of eyes that were continously staring at me.

"Since last year." Aaron answered confidently.

"Why haven't I heard about her from you then?" Mdm Yan sounded rather suspicious.

"She wasn't ready, so was I. So, I kept it from you." Aaron was sure good at making excuses.

I had a fake smile plastered on my face as I watched their conversation. I wasn't sure of what to do. Besides, if I said something wrong, I bet Aaron would get pissed off. So, I left him to do the talking.

"I see." Mdm Yan's strict tone changed to a joyful tone all of a sudden.

I was shocked by the sudden change and I wasn't sure what she was up to.

"You can serve the food." Mdm Yan said to the waitress.

Within minutes, the food was served on the table. There was lobster and many more delicacies. I gulped at the sight of them. Never in my life have I thought about going to such restaurant, enjoying good, rare and expensive food. But since I have the chance now, I should appreciate it. Before they started eating, I have already took one of the lobster and placed in on my plate.

"Good gracious, are you that hungry, my dear?" Mdm Yan spoke just as I was about to place the lobster's meat in my mouth.

I munched the lobster's meat and answered her question.

"Yus, I hab neber eber thot abot going to such rest-" I spoke with my mouth full of lobster meat.

Mdm Yan sneered at me and Aaron was nudging me.

"What?" I asked Aaron, annoyed.

"Do not talk when your mouth's full. Haven't anyone taught you table manners?" Aaron grunted and I continued munching the food.

I swallowed the lobster meat and grinned in embarrassment.

"I am sorry, Auntie Yan." I apologised.

"It's okay." Mdm Yan turned to look at Aaron instead.

(Aaron's POV)
Great! What stupid plan was that? To bring Guigui along with me and make her my pretend girlfriend? Now, Grandmother wouldn't approve of this pretend relationship, and she'll bring me to more match-making dates again. Argh, I hate them!

Guigui reached out to the glass of water that was in front of her, and started drinking it.

"So, when are you guys planning to get married?"

Almost immediately, Guigui spitted the water back into the glass. Luckily she didn't spit it on Grandma, but I guessed Grandma was equally disgusted when she saw what she just did. Even I felt disgusted.

"MARRIED!?" Guigui exclaimed.

"Yeah, shouldn't you guys get married when both of you loved each other dearly?" Grandma answered in pride.

No, no, no! Grandma! She's just my pretend girlfriend! So, we aren't getting married. Besides, she isn't my type! Sheesh, where has this gotten to? Maybe, she already knew that we were pretending and she wanted to stop all this acting from going on.

"We will tell you our answer when we are ready for marriage." I got up from my seat and pulled Guigui along with me.

This is getting too far. If I do not leave sooner or later, I bet Grandma will make us marry tomorrow. And that will be a total nightmare.

"I am sorry Grandma, but we've got things to do." I excused myself and swiftly grabbed Guigui's arm.

"Goodbye Auntie." Guigui waved at Grandma as I pulled her along with me.

(Guigui's POV)
Along the journey, there was only an awkward silence. Aaron did not speak ever since we left the restaurant hastily.

"I am sorry for being such a let down." I said apologetically.

Still, he remained silent.

"You can forget about the pay and stuff. I'll wash the dress and return it to you tomor-"

"There's not a need to. Keep it." Finally, he spoke.

I felt rather glad that he did. I was afraid that if this continues, I might die of loneliness. Just as I was about to speak again, Aaron stopped the car. That's when I realised we've stopped infront of my house.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Peekaboo ;D
Back with an update! How's this chapter?
Comments would be appreciated :D

Yours Truly,
Kaijin