Chapter 7

So, this is love.
(Aaron's POV)
I trudged down the foyer, dragging my feet that seemed to feel heavy. I could feel my eyes closing any minute. I guessed I did not have enough sleep last night. Blame me for falling asleep at Guigui's house, just to take care of her! I did not even know why I had the courage to do so. I never ever did something like that to a lady, especially a lady like Guigui. She isn't really pretty, she was beyond normal, but not beyond perfection. Besides that, she isn't really the type that I liked or admired.

"CEO of Yan Shipping, Mr Yan, you are late for work today. Miraculously." Calvin made a sarcastic remark and stared straight into my eyes.

I ignored him and continued walking briskly, into my office. He followed behind me as I could hear his footsteps coming after mine. Deep inside, I was chanting to myself that Calvin will not ask anything about me being late. Besides, I wouldn't want to tell him about what happened last night.

"What's up, dude? Why were you late?" Calvin asked as he placed his arms around my shoulders.

I gulped. Great, he asked. I knew it. Sometimes, I wished I wasn't always on time for work.

I pushed opened the metal bars of the glass doors and made my way towards my office table, trying to ignore what he just asked.

"So? Why were you late?" Calvin leaned back against my office table as I sat down on my arm chair.

Of course, I shouldn't tell him the truth about me... staying at my personal assistant, Guigui's house for a night, just to take care of her when she had a fever. Besides, we only knew each other for a day. I bet he'll tease me for the rest of my life, even though he's my best friend. Besides, it's so embarrassing and awkward if I were to tell the truth. He'll suspect that she and I are dating. Which is not happening. And would not be happening in future.

"Well, I-"

Just before I could finished my sentence, I saw her standing right outside the glass doors of my office, bowing her head. Wait, what is she doing here?! Isn't she sick? I even told her to take a leave from work today!

"You?" Calvin continued interrogating me while I widened my eyes in amusement as I continued staring at her.

Guigui pushed the glass doors opened and smiled at the both of us.

"Good Morning Mr Yan and Mr Chen." She greeted with a faint smile on her face.

She did not look good, her face was pale. She looked like before, like yesterday. She was still running a fever, yet she came to work. Shouldn't she be resting at home instead of coming to the office at this point of time? Didn't I told her to rest at home?

"So, you're late for work today, too. May I hear your explaination, Ms Wu."

Guigui lowered her head, unsure of what to say. Well, she's sick, Calvin! She's sick! What do you expect?!

"What are you doing here?" I glared at her.

I did not know why I was angry, I did not know why I was tempted to quickly send her back home instead. I did not know why I was so agitated when my personal assistant is sick and she came to work. I did not know why I was feeling that way.

Shouldn't I be glad that she came to work instead?

"Why can't she be here?" Calvin shot me a suspicious look.

"Because she's sick." I immediately answered, without much consideration.

"How did you know that?" Calvin smirked.

That left me speechless. I did not know what to say. Great, I just exposed myself by telling him that she's sick. And how should I start this? Tell him that I made her my pretend-girlfriend and sent her back home last night. On her way, she forgot her keys so I brought it back to her, only to find out that she was running a fever. So, I took care of her for the whole night, and stayed at her place? That would be ridiculous. Totally ridiculous.

"Um... I..." I tried to think of an excuse when a sudden loud thump was heard.

Swiftly, I turned towards where the sound came from, only to find Guigui lying on the ground, unconscious.

"Guigui!" I called for her anxiously.

Calvin and I rushed to her aid but as I was about to carry her out of the office, Ella rushed into the office, with a frantic, worried look plastered on her face.

"Mr Yan, there's an emergency meeting. An accident had occured when Mr Tang was about to set off." Ella panted as she spoke to me.

What? Now?! At this point of time, when Guigui had collapsed, and an emergency meeting has to take place? But, what about Guigui? She's sick and she had fainted! I need to send her to the hospital!

"Don't worry Aaron. You'll go. I'll bring her to the hospital." Yeah, Calvin's here, he'll take care of her.

He'll take her to the hospital. But on second thought, I wanted to take her to the hospital instead. I was reluctant to go to the meeting but I shouldn't be showing how I felt. I mean, they would be suspicious of my actions and everything that I did for her. Wouldn't that be more troublesome?

"Take care of her." With that, Calvin ran swiftly out of the office, with Guigui in his arms.

I watched as he quickened his pace down the foyer, till they were out of sight.

"Hurry on, boss. Or we are going to be in deep trouble." Ella ranted as I followed her to the meeting room unwillingly.

(Guigui's POV)
I felt a sharp pain in my head as I opened my eyes and scanned around the white and quiet room. Where am I? I remembered that I was in Aaron's office a minute ago. Wasn't I? I shook my head and tried to recall what just happened.

Somehow, I seemed to remember talking to Aaron when my head started hurting, as if something had pierced into my head. When I heard Aaron's voice once again, it was as if he was shouting directly in my ears, which added on to the pain of my head.

That was when my vision started to confuse me. Everything that I saw started multiplying and I couldn't make up what Aaron was saying anymore, it was like as if he was speaking gibberish. Darkness surrounded me and everything came to a sudden stop.

I must have fainted. That must have caused all the darkness. Which means, I must be in the hospital now. Once again, I scanned around the room, only to find Calvin sleeping, with his head on the bed. I giggled as he slept.

"Calvin?" I whispered, trying my best to not frighten him as he was still in his dream land.

"Mummy, do.. do.. not take my cookies away! I want them! I promise that I.. I.. would not play a prank on my classmates anymore! Give me back my cookies... cookies..." Calvin mumbled while waving his arms, with his eyes closed.

I chuckled as he mumbled in his dream. What a weird dream he had. I guessed, Calvin has always been a child in heart. With that, I continued chuckling and started shaking him, to wake him up.

(Aaron's POV)
With the lovely, fresh bouquet of flowers in my hands, my facial muscles moved involuntarily, causing me to grin. I made my ways towards Guigui's ward that Calvin had told me earlier on.

Luckily, I managed to end the meeting after an hour. Everything was solved and back to normal. I stuck my hand into my pocket, searching for my cellphone. I took a last glance of the message that Calvin had sent to me. Ward number 93. I have to make sure that I went to the right ward. There it is. Ward 93.

Filled with enthusiasm, I quietly pushed the ward door open, the bouquet of flowers hidden behind my back, with an intention of surprising Guigui. But, what I saw next, left me rooted to the ground.

Guigui was giggling as she gazed at Calvin sleeping.

The ward door shutted by itself as it swings back slowly. I felt rather relieved that she did not noticed my existance. Lowering my head, I plodded past the ward door and threw the bouquet of flowers into a thrash can that I happened to walk past.

Maybe, I wasn't needed after all.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the long wait guys.
Been busy with school since it just reopened :(
I hate school, I hope the Holidays come soon. Might not be updating tomorrow as I have a busy schedule.
I'll try my best to update though.
Credits to Erika and Najiha for helping me with this chapter. Thank you :)

Do comment, they're my energy pills :p
Oh oh and by the way, did you guys noticed the beautiful poster on top, along with the lovely background, a big applause for faye @ artsyasiancrew.co.nr! Do visit them.

Also, I recently set up a site, do visit.
frh-lovesyou.blogspot.com!

With much love,
Kaijin