How Did This Happen?

Ethereal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Yixing! I’m home!’ I say as I walk into my apartment. I don’t even know if he’s home now. Ever since a few days ago he started to go out for walks on his own. He’s slowly starting to become part of this society. I think he might be looking for a job too.
Fast, loud footsteps approach. Yixing is standing in front of me with fear in his eyes and blood on his white shirt.
‘You need to help me, right now,’ he begs in despair and pulls me along to the bathroom. In the tub is a man just as handsome as Yixing. He is obviously in a lot of pain and has wounds and bruises everywhere, but specifically a big wound on his side.
‘, why didn’t you take him to the hospital?’ I ask Yixing as I grab the first aid kid under the sink.
‘I don’t know what that is or where that is,’ he says in panic. He is so nervous and stressed. He has never had to deal with this kind of situation.
‘Yixing! Sit down! You’re making me nervous!’ He sits down right where he stands with fear in his eyes. He looks just like the first time he broke something in my apartment. I think it was my alarm clock.
Without paying any more attention to Yixing, I start working on the wound of the stranger. , there’s blood everywhere. At least Yixing put him in the tub.
‘Hey, stay with me, what’s your name?’ I ask the man.
‘Kim Jongdae,’ he groans out.
‘Okay Jongdae, this is going to sting for a bit,’ I tell him as I show him the bottle with disinfecting alcohol. His eyes widen as if he already knows what is going to happen. When I pour it on his wound he lets out a scream that cuts right through your heart.
‘Now keep still, I need to patch it up,’ I tell him as I push his t-shirt up again to clear the wound. Jongdae is clenching his jaw while I work as quick as I can and soon he is fine. At least, better than before. I continue to work on the smaller wounds until he’s all good.

It took a while before Yixing was finally calm enough to tell me what had happened.
Apparently he was walking around in the park when he saw someone getting beat up and he decided to help. Since Yixing is such a sweetheart, he stepped in and got Jongdae out of the fight. Sadly, Jongdae was doing really bad and Yixing got worried, so he took him home. Also, he was probably stressed out of his mind because of all the blood, which is why he wasn’t thinking straight.
Jongdae is now sleeping on the couch while the both of us stand in the doorway to the bedroom. We’ve been watching over him for a few minutes, just standing next to each other. Unconsciously, I wrap my arms around Yixing. That has happened more the last few days. As I said before, he starts to feel more and more like home.
‘Are you ok now Yixing?’ I ask him. He nods, but still doesn’t say much. ‘We should go to bed.’ He nods again. ‘Yixing, please talk to me.’
‘I’m sorry, I’m still a bit shocked,’ he says softly and wraps his arms around my shoulders. ‘I know him.’
‘Is that why you brought him here?’ I ask. Once again, he nods.
‘I know him from when I still had wings. He had them too.’ It has been a few days since I started to doubt my sanity, because I am starting to believe Yixing. I am starting to believe he is an angel and not just someone with amnesia. And I think now is the time to finally say it.
‘I believe you,’ I tell him. His eyes twinkle and he plants a kiss on my forehead. It shocks me a bit, but it has been a long time coming.
‘I love you so much,’ he blurs out, but when I look up at him I can see that he doesn’t really understand the full extend of his words. I don’t really care though. He looks into my eyes and carefully lays his hands on my cheeks. ‘You don’t believe I love you?’ I feel tears sting in my eyes when he says what I’ve been thinking.
‘Yixing, you’ve been with me for a bit over two months and when I met you, you couldn’t even speak when I first saw you. I don’t think you understand what love is,’ I say,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter