Movie Night

Ethereal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Did you forget tonight is movie night? We’re all coming over,’ he says.
‘Oh shoot, the others don’t know about Yixing. Do you still see them today?’ I ask him.
‘Yeah, I’ll explain it to them.’
‘Thanks, you’re an angel,’ I say as I start to rush out, home, to Yixing. And for some reason, Yixing begins to feel an awful lot like home.

‘Yixing! I’m home!’ I say as I step into my apartment. To my surprise, nothing in my sight is broken, nor is there a big mess. Yesterday there was. It took me a good chunk of the day to clean up.
There he is, on the couch, reading once again. He looks up from his book and when our eyes meet, he instantly starts frowning at me.
‘You’re late,’ he says.
‘I know, but you should realize that people don’t always keep their promises. I was with a friend and we were having fun, so I stayed a little longer,’ I explain to him as I sit down next to him. He nods understandingly and dives back into his book. ‘What are you reading today?’
‘Sherlock Holmes,’ he says and shows me the cover.
‘Do you like it?’ He shakes his head. ‘Why not?’
‘They are all so mean to each other,’ he explains. Sometimes he’s still like a child. He doesn’t understand that people hold grudges and that some people are willing to hurt others. As I said before, I’ve never met someone as pure as him. Sad that that’ll be ruined now, knowing my friends.
‘My friends are coming over tonight. We’re going to eat dinner together and watch a movie,’ I tell him as I get up from the couch. There’s that clueless look again. He really doesn’t know what to do with the information I just gave him.
Well, he might still be quite clueless, but at least I got him to get used to wearing clothes. When we go out that is. At home he wraps a towel around his waist and that’s it. Surprisingly enough, the towel never falls down. Oh, yeah, he’s wearing a towel now too.
‘Could you get dressed?’ I ask him. He doesn’t ask any questions and just goes. I start cleaning the place up a bit and getting some snacks ready so that I won’t have to do that during the movie. By the time I’m done, the doorbell rings.
‘Yixing, they’re here,’ I say through the apartment. He hasn’t been out of the bedroom yet. Weird.
‘Annyeong!’ I say cheerfully when I open the door. The five boys have a mischievous look on their faces when they get inside.
‘So where’s the lucky guy? I want to meet him,’ Luhan jokes right away.
‘Ugh, you told them he’s my boyfriend?’ I ask Baekhyun.
‘No, that’s what they made of it,’ he says in his defense. I roll my eyes at him and walk towards the bedroom.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter