The Past

Second Chance

I stormed out of the convenience store trying, but failing to stop the tears from falling. Why did I think working at his company was a good idea? Clearly he is still a bastard. I wiped the the tears away as I entered Jaehwan's office. To my luck he was nowhere in site. Quickly I wrote on a sticky that I wasn't feeling well, and was taking an early leave. Next I texted Hongbin if he can come pick me up. As I was putting away my stuff I got a reply from Hongbin asking for the address. I sighed in relief and texted him the address. Within the minute I finished putting away my files in my case, and went outside. A few minutes passed until I saw Hongbin's car come into view. I waved to him to signal where I was. He then parked the car next to the curb and waited for me. I quickly walked over to the passenger and got in. 

 

"Thanks for picking me up Hongbin." I said as I put my seat belt on.

 

"No problem I wasn't really doing anything." Hongbin said as he waited for me.

 

"Oh? You weren't busy playing overwatch like you always are?" I teased as I saw him glare at me. 

 

" I'll have you know I am taking a break as I need to focus on the upcoming project for my work." I rolled my eyes as I knew how much of a lie that was. He gave me one last glare before he began to reverse out of the lot and into the street. 

"Yeah well let's see how long you can go without playing."  Hongbin rolled his eyes, but chose not to comment on it any further.

 

"Anyways why did you want to be picked up early? I though you got out at 4?" He replied while glancing at me.  I shook my head as a response.

 

"I'll tell you later." Sensing my discomfort Hongbin murmured an okay, and kept his focus on the road. Ten minutes of silence until we finally arrived at my house. I thanked Hongbin again as we got out only to receive an eye roll.

 

" I told you it was no big deal hyung. Now tell me what made you so upset." I sighed and motioned for him to follow me inside. Once inside we sat down on my couch in the living room. 

 

"Alright so do you remember Taekwoon?" 

 

"How can I not when you cried about him for days hyung."

 

"Well it's been a year almost two since we broke up so I wanted to see him and you know see what he has been up to."

 

"Hyung." Hongbin sighed shaking his head disapprovingly.

 

"I know I shouldn't have, but I missed him so I went to his work."

 

" And you got a job there so you can keep an eye on Taekwoon right?" I sighed and nodded. 

 

"Hyung you need to move on." 

 

" I know, but when I met him today he looked so different."

 

" How so?"

 

"He was more brazen than before. As if our roles have switched."

 

"Oh?" Hongbin said cocking his head to the side.

 

" It was as if the old Taekwoon I knew disappeared, and was replaced with a more confident one."

 

"He finally got the guts to pursue after you?" I laughed at Hongbin statement but continued on.

 

" Yeah he even promoted me to his assistant to keep me constantly by his side. He even called just so I can pick up a damn paper clip!" Hongbin laughed out loud at that. 

 

"Really?" I nodded remembering how silly that was. 

 

" Wow hyung he really does seem to have changed." I nodded. At my sudden silence Hongbin composed himself.

 

"But i assume that wasn't what upset you was it?" I sighed and shook my head.

 

"I got fed up with his silly orders so I asked for a break. I then went to a convenience store, and he followed me there. I just couldn't understand why he was suddenly showing all this attention for me that he never did before. So I snapped and yelled at him."  Hongbin sighed and scooted over next to me. He patted me on the shoulder encouraging me to look up at him. I did and saw him give me a sad smile. 

 

" I can't blame you for yelling at him as I would have done the same. If I was ignored for so long, and suddenly shown attention I would be mad too. I mean all the those years you two were together he never once showed the same amount of affection as you had for him."

 

" Exactly! As much as I appreciate the attention, I cant just forget all those painful years."

 

"True, you did spend most of your youth moping." I nodded because it was true. Sensing that I was becoming upset again Hongbin quickly tried to lighten the mood.

 

"But hey hyung! Now that you seem to have gotten his attention why not make use of it!" Hongbin said rubing my shoulder. 

 

" And what do you suggest I do?"

 

" Why don't you show him a taste of what it felt like to be in your position, and ignore him."

 

" How if I am his assistant?"

 

"Just continue on with work, and don't respond to his bait."

 

"I"ll try but Jaehwan probably won't leave me alone." I said while glaring at the pillow in my lap. 

 

"Jaehwan? As in a Lee Jaehwan?" I looked up to see Hongbin with a surprised look on his face. Confused I nodded my head.

 

"He was in the same school as me. I helped him graduate. He was terrible at computers so I helped him. I believe I still have his number." Hongbin said while reaching over to get his phone from the table. After scrolling through his contact list he found it.

 

"Found it. Let me text him." I nodded as I watched Hongbin text a message.

 

" Hey Jaehwan hyung" A few minutes later and a reply came.

 

"Kong?" I smirked at the nickname, but Hongbin merely brushed it off with an eye roll.

 

"Yeah it's me hyung."

 

"Oh! ^^ I haven't heard from you in ages!!"

 

"It's only been two years hyung -_-"

 

"That is a long time Lee Hongbin!" Hongbin sighed but kept typing

 

"Hyung remember in school how I said you would owe me a favor for helping you graduate."

 

"Yes?"

 

"Well now is that time."

 

"Okay and what do you need help with?"

 

"Well I hears you got a new helper named Cha Hakyeon. So I need you to help him get back at his ex okay."

 

"I don't know Kong."

 

"Hyung remember if it wasn't for my help you wouldn't have graduated!"

 

"Alright, I'll help him"

 

"Thanks hyung!" Hongbin then faced me and smiled

 

"Well hyung there you go, now you should have no problem with Taekwoon hyung tomorrow."  I smiled at Hongbin and patted his shoulder.

 

"Let's hope not Binnie."