Spicy

Second Chance

Dear Taekwoon,

 

You damn know well what I am talking about!

 

Hakyeon

 

I grinned as I reas his email. I am indeed fully aware of what I am doing. Just to anger him some more I decided to continue to play the innocent.

 

Dear Hakyeon,

 

I must remind you that I am your boss, and you are not allowed to speak to me in such rude manner as I am very capable of making your life a living hell.

 

Taekwoon

 

I chuckled as I could practically feel his anger from where I sat in my office. One minute later, and  I received a new email. Thinking it was Hakyeon I quickly opened it only to frown when I saw it was Jaehwan. 

 

To Taekwoon

 

Am I doing good job in annoying your ex? ;)

 

Jaehwan

 

 

​​​​To Jaehwan

 

How is he?

 

Taekwoon

 

 

To Taekwoon

 

He is practically fuming and demanded I give him a lunch break ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

Jaehwan

 

 

To Jaehwan

 

And what did you say?

 

​​​​​Taekwoon

 

 

To Taekwoon 

 

I said yes! I believe he went to the convenience store nearby.

 

Jaehwan

 

 

To Jaehwan

 

Watch my phone I'm going on my lunch break

 

 

Taekwoon

 

 

To Taekwoon

 

Good luck! (≧∇≦)b

 

Jaehwan

 

I rolled my eyes as I got up to head to the elevator 

 

When I finally got to the convenience store I quickly spotted Hakyeon in the drinks section. I smiled as he was in the middle of getting banana milk. It's been five years, and that is still his favorite drink. He looked up, and glared right when he made eye contact with me.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

" I just went on my lunch break, and decided to get something to eat." 

 

"Well have fun with that."  He said as he turned around to walk away.

 

" Why don't you join me?" 

 

"No, thank you now if you will excuse me." He said making to leave again.

 

"I do believe I said through email to stop being rude to your superior." I smirked as he glared at me, but then he quickly forced a smile.

 

"As you wish, sir" I smiled as I walked over to the ramen section with a pissed off Hakyeon in tow. 

 

"Which noodles would your recommend Hakyeon?" 

 

"Why don't you try the fire ramen, sir"

 

"Only if you try it with me." I know from past experience that Hakyeon never handled spicy food well. 

 

"Okay then, sir." I was quite surprised as I didn't think he would agree. Nonetheless I got it along with a cola. I then proceeded to cash register, and payed for everything along with Hakyeon's banana milk that I had to argue in letting me buy it for him. He responded with a very strained "Thank you, sir"

We then walked to the dining area to fill up the ramen with hot water. We sat in silence as we waited for the ramen to cook. Once it was done I opened the lid, and the smell was very strong. I grabbed my chopsticks and waited for Hakyeon to pick his up as well. He did so very hesitantly.

 

"Guests first." I said gesturing to the ramen. He glared at me as he want to grab some with his chopsticks. With a deep breath he opened his mouth and ate the noodles.

 

"Is it spicy?" I asked him. He looked about ready to burst as his whole face started to turn red. I was actually getting a bit worried for him. He simply replied with a shake of his head. So then I grabbed some ramen and ate it. It actually wasn't that spicy. Maybe that was the reason they came out with a second version, but for Hakyeon's sake I went with the original one.

 

"It's good." I said while getting another mouthful. Seeming displeased with my reaction he went for another mouthful as well. I started to panick as every minute went by Hakyeon's face got even more red to the point where his neck was even flushed with red. I pointed to his banana milk motioning for him to drink it, but instead he didn't.

 

" You sure you aren't going to drink your milk?" 

 

" I am sure, sir" He said with a cough.

 

"Hakyeon drink your milk, you are practically burning up."

 

" I never knew you cared, sir." Hakyeon said with a glare as he still refused to drink his milk.

 

" Of course I care Hakyeon now please drink your milk!"

 

"Oh really then why did you never show it!" He spat out as he got up, grabbed his milk and left. I stood there dumbfounded as I had no idead how to process what had happened. I put my head in my hands as I tried to calm down. I think I even saw a tear fall from his eye as he turned away.