Work

Second Chance

"Taekwoon i'm sorry but goodbye" "Hakyeon no please don't leave!!"

 

Last thing I remembered was staring into Hakyeon's teary eyes as he walked out of my life. It's been a year now and I haven't seen Hakyeon anywhere. I wonder where he is and what's he been up to. I myself have never dated anyone since our breakup. I've been too busy with managing my office. I've heard from my secretary that someone from the sales department got upgraded to our office and will be starting work tomorrow. I sighed I hope it's someone that I can work with. I decided to go to sleep since it was midnight and I have to be ready to welcome whoever it is tomorrow.

 

  As I was entering the elevator to my floor I got a call from my secretary informing me that the new employee is waiting in my office, I said a quick thank you as I got out. Alright then let's see who it is. I opened the door to reveal a man with caramel like skin and swept back hair.

 

"Hello i'm Cha Hakyeon." I mentally cursed as I tried to remain my composure and shake his hand.

 

"Yes nice to meet you I will get my secretary to show you where you will be working."

 

I called my secretary to come in and show him around.

 

"Ah yes my name is Lee Jaewhan and I am Mr.Jung's secretary allow me to show you around."

 

"Pleasure to meet you Mr.Lee."

 

" Just call me Jaewhan formalities aren't really my thing." Jaehwan said while smiling and leading Hakyeon outside of my office.

 

As soon as they left I threw myself onto my chair. How did I not see him around the building?? I've been to sales department many times for meetings and yet this is my first seeing Hakyeon. I couldn't even recognize him at first. He looked so different, but then again a year has gone by. I wonder if he recognized me? It didn't look like it unless I changed too.

 

"Uh Taekwoon? Hello?" Jaehwan touched Taekwoon's shoulder shaking him a little.

 

I snapped my head back up as I felt something grab me and I mentally sighed to see Jaewhan staring at me with wide eyes.

 

"Are you okay i've been calling your name for the past two minutes!!"

 

"Im sorry I was just thinking."

 

"I can clearly see that anyways I got Hakyeon all settled in is there anything you need?"

 

"No you can go back to working i'm fine." I shook my head as I dismissed him to his work.  

 

How will I be able to get any work done around here if I can't stop thinking about Hakyeon. As I opened my computer I received an email from unknown person. I cocked my head as I opened it.

 

Good to see you again.

 

I opened my eyes wide, did Hakyeon send this? If so why didn't it show his email address? I sent a replaying saying Who is this? Two minutes later I got a reply saying Just someone. I began getting frustrated.

 

Jaehwan is this you?

 

Maybe

 

I rolled my eyes of course it was Jaewhan he always liked to play pranks whenever he felt like it.

 

Jaehwan stop

 

And with that I walked over to where Jaewhan was working to see that it was really him. As he was about send another reply I smacked his head and told him to get back to work. He rubbed the back of his head and pouted as he did as he was told. I then walked to my office and got ready for my meeting that was in ten minutes.