seven.

Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

``Want to go on a date? ``

Taehyung’s abrupt question resonated in Lisa’s mind numerous times. She remained in the swimming pool in disbelief, trying to figure out how to react or even what to say.

Taehyung asked her with a small and hopeful smile greeting his face, but he didn’t receive a similar reaction. Lisa didn’t smile or blush but remained unmoved and speechless. Her lack of reaction left Taehyung perplexed and confused. Any girl would have said yes, would have jumped in joy at the chance of going out with him.

But then again, Lisa isn’t just any other girl and by now, Taehyung knew about it. He waited a little more, but the more Taehyung awaited her answer, the more the silence grew bigger.

``Taehyung`` She finally breathed, after much thinking and contemplation. ``I don’t think-``

``I mean it’s not a real date, I just need you to pretend. `` Taehyung confessed, cutting her off before she could decline anything.

``What?``

``Jin hyung is on a date right now and he’s kind of clueless with the whole dating thing. He just called me, asking for a favor, but I’ll need you to pretend to be my date for tonight to help him out.``

Lisa stayed in the pool, trying to assimilate the information Taehyung was providing her. He wanted her to act as his date for tonight. Simply act, he never meant a real date and finding this out, it surprisingly hurt Lisa.

Taehyung sighed as he outstretched his hand to help Lisa get out of the swimming pool. Handing her a towel, he explained his plan and the role Lisa would be playing, to which she was much reluctant. But after many arguments and pleading from Taehyung, Lisa agreed to it.

Taehyung drove her home first, considering that she needed to change her clothes before he can take her to the restaurant to find his friend Jin. Lisa quickly walked into her house, showered, and changed herself into an elegant black dress. She applied light makeup, not wanting to make Taehyung wait any longer.

Getting herself ready, Lisa glanced at herself in the mirror and noticed the shape of her eyes, nose, and lips. She doesn’t consider herself as ugly or hideous. She has a great figure, but she’s far from the pretty girls Taehyung hooks up with every so often. Taehyung’s revelation of this date, being not more than an act made Lisa doubt herself more than ever.

xxx

 

Taehyung was waiting for Lisa in his car, fixing his hair up while his heart thumped against his chest. Taehyung never really felt nervous on dates being so accustomed to it. He never felt that self conscious and he never sweated that much, but hell did he feel nervous, sitting his car right now and waiting for Lisa. It still stunned him that if he hadn’t interrupted Lisa back at swimming pool, he would have been rejected. He wanted to check if Lisa would say yes or no before telling her that it’s not actually a real date. He wanted to know if she’s interested in him or not and obviously, Lisa isn’t, and Taehyung doesn’t know why he feels so upset about it. Perhaps, it’s because he never received a no as an answer, his good looks and his family’s fortune being the two main reasons. However, Lisa did and it made Taehyung doubt himself, wonder if he’s not good enough or worthy enough for her.

Lisa rushed out of her house, her heels making a sound at every step she made and seeing her walking closer and closer, it took Taehyung’s breath away. He tried not to look so nervous or too stunned by her beauty and with that in mind, he replaced his anxious looking self by his usual cocky smirk. Lisa buckled her seatbelt before giving Taehyung a shy smile, little does she knows how sweaty Taehyung’s hands are on the steering wheel.

The restaurant was in the area of Itaewon and the twenty-five minutes of drive from Lisa’s house mostly went in small talks. Lisa kept her eyes on the window on her side and watched the scenery that paraded before her eyes while Taehyung attention was on the road ahead of him.

``Why didn’t you ask someone else? ``

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter