four.

Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Jungkook was still in the middle of his dance rehearsal when he got the phone call. He felt the sudden anxiety rise, his heart clench, and his world spin around him as he listened to Lisa's mother on the other side of the line.

``Jungkook.`` Hoseok called him out. ``Are you okay?``

``It's Lisa``

He rushed to the hospital without thinking twice or even taking his stuff with him, ignoring Hoseok's screams behind him. All he had in mind was Lisa.

He arrived at the medical center breathless and panting. His state of mind in panic. Lisa's parents were sitting on chairs and Jungkook rushed towards them. ``What happened? `` He questioned, bowing to her father, and offering a hug to her mother.

``She was assaulted. `` Jungkook noticed the anger and the disgust in Mr. Manoban's voice, his fists clenched on both sides of his body. He was angry, but his eyes were full of sorrow.

A nurse walked out of the room, Lisa's parents and Jungkook both turned towards her with hopeful expressions.

``How is she?`` Jungkook inquired, his heart throbbing hard against his chest, awaiting her response.

``She is still unconscious, but she's out of danger. There is no need to worry, she should wake up in a few hours. ``

Jungkook sighed in relief and Mrs. Manoban cried again thankful that Lisa was out of danger. Her parents walked into the room and Jungkook remained outside, wanting to give them privacy, despite only wishing to see Lisa.

He followed behind the nurse, wanting to make sure that Lisa would be completely fine.

``There is a possibility that she suffers from post traumatic stress, but with therapy and support, she'll get better over time. It all depends on her. ``

Jungkook nodded understanding and the nurse walked away, giving him a last faint smile. Jungkook slammed his back and his head against the white wall and sighed. ``Lisa ah, I'm sorry. `` He felt the tears tickling the brim of his eyes and he bit his lips to keep them inside. He blamed himself for what happened, he used to be the one in charge of the deliveries, but ever since he joined the dance crew, Lisa had taken his responsibility and Jungkook blamed himself.

xxx

Lisa aroused from unconsciousness the next morning, not recognizing her surroundings. She scrunched her eyes to adjust her vision to the bright morning lights as she tried to move herself on the bed. Her body was numb and sore and her head severely aching. The events of yesterday were still far behind in her mind and Lisa couldn't point out where she was or even why. It's only when her ears perceived the regular beeping of the heart monitor and when she looked at the bandages on her hands that she figured out that she's in a hospital. She turned her eyes around and noticed Jungkook, his hand resting on hers. He was asleep on a chair next to her bed, in a rather uncomfortable position. His hair were a mess, his eyes swollen and Lisa's heart ached seeing as he was only wearing a white shirt, the one he always wear during his dance rehearsals.

``Jungkook?`` She called him out, almost in a whisper. Her voice was weak, but Jungkook immediately shot his head up, his eyes wild open as if he hadn't been sleeping, but just had his eyes shut close.

``Lisa, you're awake.`` He beamed, pulling her into a crushing hug with tears stained cheeks. ``Do you have an idea of scared I was? ``

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter