six.

Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want every book classified on their respective shelf and the pool cleaned. Is that clear?”

Lisa and Taehyung nodded in unison, standing in front of the library. Jungkook had decided not to come, his dance rehearsal being his only priority at the moment.

“Where's the other one? I thought you'd be three.”

“Jungkook went to the washroom, he's probably on his way.” Lisa covered him up, although Jungkook wouldn't give a damn about being caught not attending detention. The instructor handed the swimming pool's key to Taehyung, making sure to be clear about everything one last time. As soon as he was out of their sights, Taehyung turned around to face Lisa. “He's not coming, is he?”

“He can't.” Lisa admitted, hoping Taehyung won't go and snitch on him. After all, why wouldn't he? Jungkook had just beaten him up a few hours ago. However, much to Lisa's pleasure and surprise, Taehyung laughed off as he strolled around the shelves, his hands lousy on the cart brimful of books.

“I guess it's better that way. I've got you all for myself.” Taehyung was smirking as he glanced over at Lisa. The latter blushed, not used to guys flirting with her, much less guys like Taehyung, who are confident, rich, and out of her league. She decided to ignore his remark and proceeded to grab a couple of books to set them at their respective place according to their bar code.

The library wasn't all that full, a couple of students were sitting or searching for books, but it's wasn't packed unlike it is during the end of the session. Hence, the first thirty minutes went in silence, with both focused solely on their job.

It surprised Lisa too see Taehyung being serious. She never saw him that way. Whenever her eyes laid on him, he's either smiling or laughing out loud. The only times he's serious is when he's in the middle of a basketball match.

The silence was broken by Rosé, who walked up to Lisa overly excited. ``Lisa, you won't believe. ``

``What?``

``Jisoo got a date!``

``What?`` Lisa questioned, dropping the book she was holding. ``Really? With who?`` She didn't notice how she had raised her voice a few octaves higher which made Taehyung look at her in curiosity. She gave him a faint smile and he shrugged like it wasn't a big deal.

``I don't know`` Rosé replied, dragging Lisa a little bit farther from Taehyung. ``Suga has a friend and that friend apparently has a friend who's interested in Jisoo.``

It took Lisa's brain a few seconds to sink in everything as Rosé was talking a little too fast, making things harder for Lisa.

``Well that's great!`` Lisa smiled as she walked back towards Taehyung, feeling bad that he was doing all the work. It didn't go unnoticed by Rosé, who smirked and sent Lisa's those ``do you like him?`` stares. Lisa rolled her eyes off and bid goodbyes.

“Sorry” Lisa apologized as she came back, grabbing a couple of books from the cart. Taehyung ruffled her hair as he let out a small laugh. “Why are you afraid of me?”

“I am not.”

“Really? You looked at me like I was going to punish you for leaving me with all the work.” Taehyung held his gaze on Lisa for a short while, before walking up to her. She instinctively walked behind, her back hitting the shelf behind her and Taehyung placed his palms across the shelf, to close the gap in between them.

Lisa is tall and she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter