two.

Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

things were not supposed to turn that way, jungkook wasn't supposed to fall in love with lisa. but it happened so slowly and progressively that he didn’t even realise that it was happening. the more time he spent with her, the harder he fell. jungkook didn't want to stop. he didn't want to cut all ties with her. he knew he wouldn't be able to so anyways. when he realized about his feelings, it was too late. too late to rewind back, too late to undo everything, his feelings were simply out his reach and out of his control. but part of jungkook didn't want to rewind back, didn't want to put aside the way he feels about her… because a part of him still blindly hoped for lisa too see him as more than just a friend, still hoped for her to see him, and not taehyung. he knows it's selfish of him, but jungkook can't help it.

he's waiting for lisa, sitting on the veranda in front of her house and looking up at the sky, he can't help, but let out a curse. ``I’m so screwed. ``

owing the fact that both are neighbors, jungkook and lisa always walked to school together. it's one of the reasons that pushes jungkook to wake up earlier and put an extra effort in his morning routine. he can't really recall when it first started, but he remembers waking up one day and trying every outfits in his wardrobe, hoping to impress lisa and it did. lisa had remarked it and pointed it out and the whole way to school, jungkook's grin never left his face.

when lisa walked out of her house, she was in rush and in panic. jungkook remarked how her hair were still wet and her uniform, poorly adjusted. he remarked how pretty her bare face is.

``sorry, my alarm didn't work as always. when did you come? ``

``not long ago. `` jungkook lied. he had been waiting for almost half an hour. but he didn't want to make her feel guilty and hear her apologize for nothing.

jungkook stood up and lisa descended the stairs in such a rush that she stumbled upon him. the latter reacted promptly, knowing very well how clumsy she can be at times. jungkook's always on alert with her in the surroundings.

lisa's hands were placed on his shoulders and jungkook's hands were resting on her waist to keep her stable. the moment lasted a couple of seconds, but to jungkook it felt much more than just that. it lasted enough for jungkook to breath in her hair that held the aroma of exotics fruits, it lasted enough for jungkook to bore his eyes in hers, it lasted enough for jungkook to fall a little harder.

``idiot`` he let go of her and turned away, cursing underneath his breath. if he had held her a little longer, jungkook doesn't know if he would have been to let go.

the walk to school isn't anything special, it mostly consists of lisa rambling and jungkook disagreeing with whatever she says. lisa is naturally a talkative person and with that being so, they never really run out of things to talk about. on top of this, jungkook's stubborn personality doesn't really help. they argue a lot, mostly playfully. jungkook's source of happiness comes from teasing lisa and mocking her absurd plans and dreams. although, he loves her and all of her aspirations. sometimes, he let her talk and talk just to hear her voice, to hear her laugh...

 

the classes were going on as always, with the teacher explaining and the students trying to assimilate the information. it wasn't until jungkook's ears perceived the noise of chairs being turned around and people moving from their respective desks to another ones' that he snapped out of his thoughts. lisa and hoseok appeared in front of him and they sat down, pulling the chairs from the desks around.

``I can't believe the deadline is next week. `` hoseok complained.

jungkook understood that the teacher had assigned them a team project. hoseok pulled out his notebook and they started talking about it, su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter