Please aboard the ship we call JAENO

What A Long Ride

Jaemin glared at Jeno while keeping his arms crossed in front of his chest, Jeno, on the other hand just keep on smiling while nibbling on his cookie, and it is outrageous, mostly on Jaemin’s part, because the other male had the audacity to smile when he clearly knows how he have played with Jaemin by flirting with the latter while having a damn boyfriend whom Jaemin has no interest or whatsoever of meeting the forsaken dude.

Taeyong was amused at the interaction having known all the backstories behind the two and the whole misunderstanding these two faces. However, amidst the amusement is also frustration, because really, it’s obvious the two of them like each other but because of Jeno’s shyness to confess mixed with overly cryptic actions and Jaemin’s overly creative mind with a little bit of skepticism, the two is not progressing, what’s worse is the hatred Jaemin have developed against the other because of misunderstanding Jeno all these time. Jeno Lee really needs to step up his game because signals and signs won’t work with Nana even though they’re clearer than the sun, because this is Nana we are talking about, and as smart as he is (it’s true, though it’s highly doubtful, that guy can read a 500-paged book once and tell you the story in detail), he’s the densest and dumbest when it comes to feelings, especially when it’s about other people’s feelings for him. Taeyong sighed as he continued to take out the newly baked cookies from the oven.

Jeno just kept his smile even though he’s pretty sure that if glares could kill, he’d be dead long ago with how intense Jaemin is glaring at him (and probably muttering jinxes by now, Mark shouldn’t have let this kid finished the Harry Potter series), but he really likes Jaemin, and with how messed up everything has become, he can’t sit back once more and let Jaemin’s twisted mind work, because his silence has only worsened everything, he’s got to man up and gain Jaemin’s heart once more (he’s got guts to assume that Jaemin even liked him in the first place).

Jaemin, on the other hand, is pissed. First, just the day before, he was unceremoniously taken out of bed in order to get Jisung’s bloody card, and where did that get him? Against Lee ing Jeno’s chest. The next day, he was pulled out of the confines of his precious bed only to be tied to a damned chair inside Lee Jeno’s shared house.

First, tied to a commitment he was not aware of, next, tied to a chair and was made to look like a crazy fool (in which, he really is), and now, tied in a situation he never had any desire to face, imagine the joy (insert sarcasm here, my dear friend).

But dear friends, isn’t it frustrating? Jeno likes Jaemin. Jaemin likes Jeno. They should be together, BUT BECAUSE OF NA JAEMIN’S TWISTED MIND AND LEE JENO’S NATURAL SILENCE AND MISLEADING ACTIONS, I HAVE TO WRITE A LOAD OF THOUGHTS- all jokes aside though, Taeyong put the cookies in front of Jeno and Jaemin before patting both of them on the shoulders, “I’ll leave you two, have fun!” he beamed at them before strutting out of the dining room, leaving the two with Jaemin staring helplessly at the path the elder just walked through.

Jeno chuckled at the cute sight, Jaemin’s too cute for his own good and it’s only working against his favor seeing how it affects his functionality. Jaemin, hearing the endearing unpleasant sound of the other’s laugh, whipped his head back before looking down on his lap, he just won’t let the other male win this war of nerves, it’s frustrating to see how hard he is fighting his feelings just because of his so-called pride and dignity, because nope, he will never be the one to declare his non-existent feelings (non-existent my ).

“Help yourself with these cookies, Taeyong hyung made them with you in mind” Jeno gestured towards the cookies in front of them before adding, “I specifically asked him to add more chocolate chips, you like them, don’t you?”  with a worried look on his face, he wants this day to be perfect, but seeing how things started and Jaemin’s glare at him, he’s starting to doubt himself.

Jaemin, being the pig he is towards sweets, grabbed a cookie, because why not, the chips are delicious, not to mention how great of a cook Taeyong is, and it’s been long since he’s had home-made cookies (Mark can’t cook to save his life, and Donghyuck’s too lazy unless possessed), so he nibbled on a cookie while avoiding Jeno’s gaze which never left him for a second. It’s really uncomfortable, being watched while eating, not to mention that the person watching you eat is the very same person whom is the subject of your attraction (even though Jaemin won’t ever admit it aloud), because even though the cookies tasted like heaven, Jaemin can’t pig them out, being cautious of his image and all (if he still has his intact after all those fits), “Stop staring, will you? I can’t eat properly because of you” Jaemin mumbled while looking down, if being in front of Jeno was the solution to Jaemin’s loud mouth, Donghyuck would be more than willing to tie him to that chair just to shut him.

Jeno blushed at the sudden remark, but gained composure right away and, you know, rom-com, threw some cheesy remark, “Sorry if I’m staring, I just can’t help but look at my dream”, and though a success, one must admit how embarrassing he is.

Jaemin stared at him blankly before smiling widely that quickly integrated into a huge fit of laughter, he’s quite amused at Jeno’s poor attempt at flirting that he’s totally forgotten all about his façade and Jeno couldn’t be happier, he’s happy that he’s finally seen the smile he’s missed so much, what’s more is that he caused this smile and he made Jaemin laughed, and his heart couldn’t swell more.

“You’ve got quite the humour, I wonder why I never talked to you before.” Jaemin tilted his head as he continued nibbling on his cookie, it really is strange how he and the other male never conversed properly, it is always either survival questions (for Jeno) or trashing around (that’s mostly Jaemin for you), so talking properly is quite a nice change for Jaemin, because now, he knows Jeno is not an idiot and actually had a brain for a simple decent conversation, so that’s a relief.

Silence threatened to fall once more and Jeno grew scared that he’ll lose the opportunity to ask Jaemin out for a change, he must ask the latter now, because if not now, he doesn’t know anymore where to gain the unbelievable confidence he’s showing to the other male.

In case everybody’s wondering, Jeno actually asked for tutorials from his beloved roommates on how to woo someone (blame Johnny for the colorful vocabulary *cringes*). He’s spent the whole night on bugging his hyungs to teach him lines which will help him in overcoming brutal boundaries between him and Jaemin and also lift the mood up. Johnny was surprisingly very hands-on in helping Jeno (though it’s mainly because he wants JaeNo to be a thing so that he could gain some points from Ten, Jaemin’s cousin), which though helped boost his confidence, only made him look like a fool, though it has paid off, considering how Jaemin laughed at his poor attempts.

Jeno take in a large amount of air before dropping his last bomb.

“Jaemin, will you spend the rest of the day with me?”

Jaemin stopped eating a cookie.

No more JaeYong guys, YuSol will cry, MarkHyuck what? JaeNo will start to sail and all those OTPs will cry, because finally, ing finally, Jeno’s manned up and finally asked Jaemin on a proper date.

All the boys eavesdropping felt their hearts thumping loudly against their chests as they await Jaemin’s reply together with Jeno, because the last thing they want is for Jaemin to decline and cause another depression, or a bipolar disorder, or maybe even dissociative disorder, or worse… sociopathy, but really, everybody’s nervous as they await Jaemin’s answer, more on Jeno’s part, because good gracious, the guy even paid Johnny’s nonsense tutorial just to gain confidence, so please, dear universe, don’t this up for him.

And soon enough, an answer was heard.

“Sure.”

Finally, ing finally, the ship will sail, please be ready to board everyone.


finally, I updated, I promise this won't take long, because I have commitment issues, so this will be 7 chapters tops, because really, this is just a random word vomit.