Happy Ending Gone Wrong

What A Long Ride

Sunday is probably one of the busiest time of the week; families can be seen around the amusement park and couples loiter around while being cringe-worthy as they act all mushy and lovey-dovey which made Jaemin shudder.

On the other leg- hand, Jaemin keeps on sticking beside Jeno because of the horrendous environment around (with couples defiling the air and children losing their innocence bit by bit, but oh well, it’s only Jaemin’s paranoia and occasional resent talking). Jeno is thoroughly amused at the younger and took the opportunity to slip his hand across the younger’s waist and pulled him closer; please curse Johnny Seo’s 500,000 won flirting classes people, it is too toxic for Jeno.

Jaemin gasped at the sudden contact and whipped his wandering eyes towards Jeno. It was surprising, truly, for first, he never expected that the elder was this bold (mainly thinking how the elder doesn’t have half the brains to think of such acts, but well, expect the unexpected), it caught him off-guard which caused him blushing like a ripe tomato, imagine the shame.

“Yah, what are you doing!” Jaemin whispered in a frantic voice, because how could he not? The skinship is doing all sorts of weird things inside him; for example, the countless flips his heart just did, the butterflies that kept on flying inside his stomach, and of course, his blood just gathered in his head which made him blush as if there was no tomorrow.

Jeno paid no heed at the other’s worries because dang, he waited 4 years- uhm- a little more than a year just to hold Jaemin in his arms, to have him within a one-meter radius, and now that he’s getting his biggest wish, do you think he’ll let go? Hell, no.

Jaemin noticed how adamant the other is in keeping him close so he just settled in groaning but leaned in nonetheless, “Don’t take this the wrong way, it’s just cold” he tried to justify his weird action, but who is he kidding anyway, it is the middle of the summer, how on earth is it cold? Typical Na Jaemin everyone.

Jeno chuckled at Jaemin’s adorable actions, “sure, sure, I believe you.” He nodded while keeping his eyes forward, he’s very pleased with how things are turning; he first thought that the future was bleak as he saw Jaemin being dragged inside the living room by Mark, Youngho, and Yuta, but even though it was hard work, it was all worth it having the younger male pressed against his side.

Jeno planned the whole day ahead (feat. our very own Johnny Seo) as he wanted to prevent any hitches from happening (with a huge possibility of Jaemin lunging towards his throat in an attempt to strangle him to death); as his first course of action for the day, he grabbed Jaemin towards the Anchors Away; he knows how much Jaemin wanted to try riding the ride but was unable to because of his strict parents (at first, but then came Mark Lee came whom was equally strict, if not more, than Mr. and Mrs. Na), so Jeno got around and asked for permission from Jaemin’s parents (and Mark) to take him on dangerous rides for their date (he’s lucky he’s handsome or else Mr. and Mrs. Na would’ve flipped and slit his throat for even thinking such absurdity).

So here he is, getting quite an earful from Jaemin whom he’s cowering from because he’s so thoughtless, selfish, impulsive, absurd, and any adjective that is a synonym of the words described, “I cannot believe this Lee Jeno, I ing hate heights” Jaemin narrowed his eyes at the poor male; maybe Jeno is wrong, maybe Jaemin doesn’t really want to try those rides and it is just his imagination talking.

“I’m sorry, it’s just that… every time I spotted you with your friends, you always stare longingly at the Anchors Away and the rollercoaster, so I assumed that you must have wanted to… ride them…” Jeno felt small at the outraged male in front of him; he’s too delusional for thinking that everything will go well for once, but here he is again, ing up his hard-earned chance to prove himself to the younger.

Jaemin blushed at the statement; Jeno had been watching over him all these time, and here he thought he’s the only one who’s paying attention. “Y-yah, stop sulking, let’s just get this over.” he stuttered as he strutted towards the end of the line for the ride.

Jeno grinned happily; Jaemin is still feeling something for him and that is for certain. He happily skipped towards the end of the line without letting go of Jaemin’s hand for even a second.

Jaemin is ed.

 

 

 

He’s totally ed.

After the life-threatening Anchors Away, Jaemin staggered trying to get as far away as possible from the torture device disguised as a form of recreation and amusement. Jeno on the other hand, kept on assisting Jaemin in fear of the latter suddenly dropping because of dizziness; despite the worry, Jeno beamed at the adorable younger (this guy is too sadistic, please restrain him).

Jaemin wanted to sob; how can a person contain so much idiocy in his system like Jaemin? Just because he can’t handle Jeno looking crestfallenly because of rejection doesn’t equate to him agreeing to all irrational requests the latter pops out. Supposedly. That was a wish he wishes to achieve (my , Jaemin can never say ‘no’ to a dejected Jeno).

“No more rides for now please, I want to gather my sanity back.” Jaemin breathed as he leaned towards a railing, legs still weak from the distress the ride caused him. He slumped to the nearest bench his blurred eyes have set upon, he planned on giving Jeno a glare so he could get across how much he doesn’t want to replay the horror he’d experienced, but all those thoughts went down the drain as he gazed up on the smiling angel of his, with those wonderful background and lightings and , so he just settled for a pout, damn that smile cheat.

“Wait here, I’ll grab something to eat, and I promise, after this, no more deadly rides. We’ll just ride the carousel.” Jeno smiled as he ruffled Jaemin’s hair and then running off to a nearby food stall to buy the both of them some snacks.

The sun is slowly setting in the horizon and Jaemin can’t help but smile as he kept his eyes towards Jeno whom was buying food for him. This was what his heart kept on yearning for so long, and to realize that it was already realized, it was pure euphoria.

Jaemin beamed as he looked down his lap, today was a very good day, I wish it never ends.

Everything is going too well, as Jeno places a box of fries and hamburger with drink on Jaemin’s lap and beamed down before settling beside him. Everything is so peaceful as each takes a bite of their own hamburgers and basks in the scenery.

Everything was so perfect, until an ill-willed female blocked the wonderful scenery as she greets the both of them a little too enthusiastically, which made them stop eating as her eyes glints with mischief.

“Waah! Jaemin! Jeno! I never thought I’ll meet you here!”

It was already unpleasant as it is, just seeing the girl was annoying enough, what more when she opened and dropped a goddamn cherry bomb (pardon the allusion) that crushed Jaemin’s hopes, dreams, wishes, and all that’s left was the gnawing anger he has towards Jeno.

“Congratulations Jeno for getting together with Renjun! You two are my OTP now! ReNo!”

Jaemin stood and walked away.


Finally updated after almost one month. I am deeply sorry if this was long overdue, but unexpected occurences happened which led to the postponment of this chapter.

Again, deeply sorry if this chapter is ty. :(