Unexpected Encounter

What A Long Ride

“Hyung! Please! Get my report card” Jisung kicked Jaemin out of his bed, in which the latter glared at his friend before trying to return to the confines of his precious bed, because, who gets up at 8 am in a Saturday? No one, just as no one wants to be square. Back to the matter at hand, Jaemin poke out his head out of his blanket to look at his friend who was looking genuinely scared.

“Why can’t you get Mark-hyung to get your card? Why does it have to be me?” He droned absent-mindedly as he tried to gather his thoughts straight. “You know that my grades these days are bad, I can’t let Mark-hyung get it” Jisung fiddled with his loose shirt looking like a kicked puppy, and no one can resist Jisung looking like this (especially a certain Chinese male somewhere out there). Jaemin snorted before sitting up finally, “what do you mean these days? Your grades are bad all the time” he chuckled as he dodged an attack from the younger.

“Okay, you’re treating me to the arcade later though” Jaemin stood up to grab his toiletries and sighed a little before starting to prepare.

You know how much I avoid going back to your school, I can’t bear to face him yet, I mean, it has only been three weeks! What do everyone expect? For a square to become a heart? Unbelievable.

The reason why Jaemin have been faking sleep for at least an hour is because of none other than Jeno Lee (insert Mark’s voice here).

Let me tell you a story of a honor student falling in love unexpectedly to a bottom-tier student.

See, legends say that Na Jaemin actually liked Huang Renjun for almost three years. However, because of some unfortunate circumstances, his life took a turn on the third block, just on the right corner and came head on with Lee Jeno’s chest (insert embarrassment here). So of course, having the most supportive friends, even though Jaemin would never admit to it, he fell for the enigma that is Lee Jeno.

The thing is, Jeno might not talk much (his equally supportive friends does all the talking), but his eyes speaks a thousand words, especially whenever he’s smiling, or even if he’s not, his eyes shone brightly and smile along, and Jaemin only fell deeper with each passing day. The final nail to seal the coffin was when Jeno invited Jaemin to the school dance, and boy, was it not romantic. Jaemin never assumed Jeno liked him, even though everybody says so (“it is very unbecoming to think of such outrage”), and sadly, their short love story ended when the both of them graduated high school and have gone on their own paths. They still communicated though, despite their short-comings, a small talk here and there, but they never met until recently. Jaemin must have saved a country in his past life to get such cliché love story Chenle could almost tweak and create an equally disgusting ending.

However, even though Jaemin must have saved a country in his past life, it seemed as if he was the reincarnation of Hitler because just three weeks earlier he learned that Jeno had a boyfriend. JENO. BOYFRIEND. And what’s worse is that during the duration in which Jeno had a boyfriend, Jaemin was openly flirting. JAEMIN. FLIRTING. JENO. What’s more is that he actually thought Jeno might finally like him, however, for some unknown reason, karma is kicking him on his for a sin he never committed (or maybe did, because Mark and Jisung has this weird theory that Jaemin might really be Hitler, or maybe Qin Shi Huang, or maybe an equally ferocious tyrant, because he has the brain of one, though being a living meme, the theory was questionable).

Jaemin was never depressed. The blow was strong, but he never shed a tear (he actually did, he will never admit it though). He was never depressed, but illness struck him. A week after learning about Jeno’s evil-doings, Jaemin had run a high fever, almost near on convulsion, paired up with severe cough and cold, and the cherry on that cake is being diagnosed with an eating disorder and vomiting blood.

Maybe Chenle’s weird depressed phases weren’t so bad, after all, Jaemin took heartbreak to another level.

So yeah, that was the legend of Na Jaemin’s destructive nature, it is on the stores now by the way, just 10 buck-

“Hyung! I know you’re having some monologue there! But stop it! The release of grades is only up until 12 noon!” Jisung bellowed behind the bathroom door, because for goodness sake, Jaemin does this every single time!

“Yah! I’m the one getting your F cards! So show some respect! You ungrateful brat” Jaemin sulked slightly before rinsing the soap off his body which is 30 minutes overdue because of his long self-pity.

 

 

 

“WAHAHAHAHAHAHA! SERIOUSLY PARK JISUNG! HOW CAN YOU GET GRADES THIS LOW?!!! I AM REALLY GOING TO TELL MARK HYUNG!! WAHAHAHAHA!!” Jaemin slapped his thigh harshly to imply his mockery on the younger. They were just out after getting Jisung’s card from his class adviser and the elder hadn’t stopped on laughing at their maknae’s demise for the past hour. “Is it that funny? Last time I remember it was you who tripped-” Jisung started recalling an embarrassing episode when Jaemin tripped just like in his anecdote.

Instead of the cold hard ground though, Jaemin’s face collided with a sturdy chest which was vibrating by the way, and wait- isn’t this musky scent a little bit familiar? “It seems like you have never changed one bit, Nana” The chest- uhm- the owner of the chest chuckled. CODE RED, CODE RED- wait, isn’t it blue? Since Jaemin is in a critical situation- oh whatever, Jaemin jumped back in horror before hiding behind Jisung (who’s irritatingly towering already, how can a 14-year-old be tall like that?!).

Jisung shook his head before turning to Jeno and smiling at the older, “Hi there hyung, sorry about this guy here” he pointed at the weird male behind him which is looking like a meercat with how he keeps on taking a peek at the source of his anguish before squealing and then hiding back again.

Jeno chuckled at the adorable act Jaemin is doing and just gave Jisung a smile of recognition, “Nah, it’s fine, he’s adorable that way”, with this Jaemin shrieked before straightening himself and pointing an accusing finger at Jeno, whom, irritatingly, just chuckled again (Jaemin really tries so hard to think it is irritating, but who is he kidding anyways), “Y-yah! What are you even talking about! Stop talking n-nonsense!” the defensive fool stuttered and only embarrassed himself further which led him to receive a painful nudge in his ribs by his unamused friend, “You’re the one talking nonsense hyung, we’re really sorry Jeno hyung, it seemed as if Jaeminnie hyung didn’t took his morning pills” Jisung threw a glare into Jaemin’s direction in which the latter ignored as he continued with his nonsense ramblings.

“W-waah! This is very disappointing Jisung Park!” Jaemin exclaimed while throwing his hands in the air, “I just got your report card and promised not to tell Mark hyung about how it is swimming with red and F- which by the way is very amusing by the way- and now you’re siding with that two-faced-two-timing-and-manipulative jerk?! How could you do this?!” Jaemin, in the span of 15 seconds, was a sobbing mess as he looks back and forth with Jisung and Jeno, because really, how could Park Jisung do this to him? After all these years? After taking care of Jisung since the boy was in his diapers? After giving birth- no, that’s a little far-fetched, but, you get his point: HOW DARE JISUNG BETRAY HIM WHEN THE GUY CAN’T EVEN SAY MANGOSTEEN PROPERLY?!

Jaemin is overreacting though, because Jisung just gave him a what-the-hell-is-this-fool-blabbering-about look and Jeno’s smile widen at the adorable sight- which is really just Jaemin being snotty and puffy and basically looking like a fool.

“Hyung, stop overreacting. Just admit you like Jeno hyung” Jisung deadpanned at Jaemin and oh boy, what a mistake he did! Even Zeus can’t say that to Jaemin! Not even Kronos who eats his children dare to tell that to Na Jaemin face-to-face! Nobody dares to, unless they want to join the Titans in the underworld, but oh boy, such a disaster Park Jisung did, for black miasma suddenly surrounded the three of them.

And only then, did Lee Jeno and Park Jisung realized how much they ed up.