Fly high

A psycho and a sociopath

Fly high

Uploaded on: 23.12.2017

1065 words

Author's note: I don't have Word at the moment (I didn't have it for the last chapter either) so I'm sorry if there are spelling mistakes. I will, hopefully, correct them sometime :')

 

 

To say that Sung Ryong was nervous would be an understatement. He was dying. Like, for real. In his thirty something years he had never stepped a foot on an airplane until... now. And this antsy behaviour was really unusual for him but he couldn't help himself. Because no lie, he was less scared of flying at this very moment. Seo Yul, who was sitting on the seat next to him, seemed calm and collected. But Sung Ryong would not suffer alone. If he was feeling unconfortable so had to be Seo Yul as well. That's what friends were for. So, he started to poke the younger's cheek to get his attention.


"What do you want?" Seo Yul finally asked with a sigh, while untightening his tie a bit.
 

"I have never been on an airplane before." Sung Ryong confessed.
 

"So? You shouldn't have accepted to be part of this project, then. You knew from the very beginning that it involved an overseas schedule."


Sometimes, Seo Yul really wondered where Sung Ryong's head was during their meetings.  Probably somewhere in the clouds. Ha, the irony.
 

"I couldn't let you go alone though!" Said main protested.
 

Seo Yul just rolled his eyes. What did he mean by "alone"? Sang Tae and Myung Suk were literally sitting a row before them. While Seo Yul was lost in this thoughts, Sung Ryong was getting impatient. The motors of the airplane had started. How would they fly with so much weight? Like, imagine all the chocolate bars Seo Yul must have taken onto the plane. Those would end up being the reason they crash, Sung Ryong was sure. He took a sip of his water bottle but couldn't swallow it properly and ended up in a coughing fit.
 

"Can you hold my hand?" He asked after getting his voice back.
 

Now, it was Seo Yul's turn to choke. That's not what he was expecting. But Sung Ryong, of course, didn't even give him the chance to answer. No, he simply took the younger's hand, firmly closed his eyes and hold his breath. And with that, the plane started to take off.
 

-
 

"Not to be that person but can you, like, let go of my hand? You've been holding it for, I don't know, an hour already? I gotta use the bathroom."
 

Unwillingly, Sung Ryong let go. Seo Yul shook his hand a bit, before standing up. His hand didn't get a lot of rest though. As soon as he was back in his seat, Sung Ryong claimed it once again. Seo Yul could only sigh. Rest in peace hand.
 

Ten minutes later, and Seo Yul realised he should add "rest in peace shoulder" as well. Because currently, Sung Ryong's head was peacefully lying down on his shoulder. Seriously, what had Seo Yul done to deserve this? He didn't even have the heart to wake the older up since he finally looked relaxed. After another ten minutes, Seo Yul started to drift to sleep as well though. Unconsciously, his loose grip on Sung Ryong's hand tightened and he felt a lot warmer.
 

The two sleeping beauties didn't wake up for a long time. Not even when Sang Tae had asked them something. He even had turned around and once he had realised how close his two colleagues were, he giggled like a child. Then, he hit Myung Suk's shoulder, who looked quite offended at that, and motioned to look to the backseats. The younger didn't waste any time and started to take pictures. Blackmail material.

 

-
 

Walking on the ground had never felt so good to Sung Ryong. If it wasn't for Seo Yul he would have even bowed and kissed the ground. But said man had stopped him, muttering words along the lines "embarassing idiot". The group of four men was now on the way to the hotel. It wasn't too far from the airport, much to Seo Yul's luck. Although he wasn't cramped with Sung Ryong, Sang Tae and Myung Suk in the backseats, their bickering voices were enough for him to get a head ache. Also, he wasn't so fond of how they would share the rooms. TQ Group had reserved two double rooms for them. Seo Yul already had a feeling he would share one with Sung Ryong. And yes, he wasn't wrong.
 

After an eternity, which in realilty was only 20 minutes, the office workers arrived at their destination. Seo Yul was the first one to get out of the taxi. He watched how the other three stumbled out as well and rolled his eyes at their childish behaviour. They quickly checked in and headed to their rooms. It wasn't even up for a discussion who would share with whom. As if it was natural for Sung Ryong and Seo Yul to share. Well, for Sung Ryong it was.
 

"Hah, I never wanna stand up again!" Sung Ryong exclaimed after lying down.
 

"Halleluja! Please also consider never talking again."
 

Sung Ryong now glared at Seo Yul but quickly broke out in a smile.
 

"Let's order food!"
 

-
 

That's how the two men found themselves surrounded by at least five dishes. They were slurping their noodles when Sung Ryong opened his mouth to say something but instead ended up getting sauce on Seo Yul's face. Naturally, he wanted to wipe it away to which Seo Yul fighted against. In the end, he wiped it himself. He wasn't a child after all.
 

Sung Ryong was starting to feel tipsy soon. They had ordered Soju to drink with the food, but they probably had ordered a few bottles too many. That's why it was Seo Yul who was left to clean up the empty plates. Sung Ryong was useless in the state he was right now. After dealing with the plates, all he had to do was to transport Sung Ryong's body to one of the two beds. It turned out harder than expected. Seo Yul put his arms around the older's torso and tried to lift him up but no chance. It was not until Sung Ryong finally came a little bit back to his senses that Seo Yul managed to transport him to bed. Sung Ryong gave him a quick peck on the lips as if to say "thank you" and in return Seo Yul gave him a black eye to discover in the morning. Lovely.