Chapter 7: Finally

Falling In Love, Again

Sinb entered the house to meet her awaiting parents. What do they want this time? Sinb let out an audible sigh.

"Eunbi! We missed you so much honey!" Sinb's mother exclaimed. But Sinb still wasn't convinced.

"Hi mom, dad" Sinb said indifferently. Her face showed no interest in anything they had to say. 

"Eunbi, your mom and I are going on a trip, which means you're going to have to handle things by yourself for a little while now. We're not sure when we'll be coming back, but I'm sure you're going to be fine on your own, right?" Sinb's dad said a bit too calmly. But Sinb was already used to being alone anyway. Her parents never took any second to ask how she was doing and everytime they came back home, it was only for a few days and then they would be off again without any notice to when they'll be back. But in the back of her mind, she was just glad that they didn't see anything from earlier. Just remembering it shook Sinb back to reality. She put her coldhearted face back on and went to her room without another word.

 

Sinb shut the door behind her and let out a sigh of relief. Thoughts from earlier that day keep coming back in flashes through her mind. From Yuju's schemes to almost kissing Yerin... I can't believe that almost happenedI can't bear to see her again... I'm so embarrassed omg. Wait, no, listen to yourself. You're THE Hwang Eunbi, nothing can get to you. Not even this beautiful, duckling with gorgeous brown eyes and the cutest eye smile... Oh man, this is going to be harder than I thought.

 

-------

 

The next day finally comes and Sinb could already hear that her apartment was silent. Her parents gone once again without any notice. Time to get ready for school, Sinb's least favorite part of her day. Walking out of her house, she could already tell that the air was different. Cooler, yet mysterious. Putting in her earbuds and listening to her favorite band, she starts to make her way to school. Remembering her first day this year, when she ran into Jung Yerin for the very first time. But now, it was different. And Sinb wasn't sure if she liked different. She used to be so confident and unbothered by everything around her, but ever since Yerin came into her life, Sinb can't stop thinking about her. Sinb finally decided to just act like nothing happened and everything was fine. And the thing was,  it wasn't. Pretending and lying was Sinb's way of handling her problems instead of dealing with them.

Finally arriving at school, she walked to her first period class. With her head down and avoiding all eye contact, she got to her destination and sat down at her desk. That's when she realized that there was a piece of paper with "To: Sinb" written on the cover, sitting there on her desk. Placing her backpack down beside her and getting curious enough to open the letter, she reads it to herself:

Hi Sinb... I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. I didn't know all of this was going to happen, if I did know, then I wouldn't have invited you over in the first place. I'm super embarrassed and I wanna keep talking to you. I hope you don't think any differently of me... If you forgive me, please meet me in the bathroom during the lunch break. 

-- Yerinie

 

Sinb finished reading the little note that Yerin wrote for her and placed it back down onto her desk. She sat back in her chair, thinking over those words in her head. Meet me in the bathroom during the lunch break... what did she want to talk to me about? What even is there to talk about? It was clear that she didn't like me at all and there was nothing she needed to apologize for anyway. It was that Yuju-ssi that messed everything up, she should be saying sorry to Yerin and the rest of us. The bell rung, interrupting Sinb's thoughts. I have to get through these first few classes first before I get to find out what it is that Yerin wants to talk to me about. Sinb picked up the note and placed it into her backpack and took out her notebook and pencil.

 

------

 

Sinb checked the clock for the nth time this day, finally 12:30. And the anticipated bell rung for her lunch break to begin. She had to stop herself from trying to run to the girl's bathroom. Upon opening the door, there she was. The girl she had been looking forward to seeing all day despite also trying to avoid her at the same time.

The blonde girl was the first to speak, "Hey... Sinb. I know this is kinda awkward, but I wanted to talk to you about what happened yesterday."

The taller spoke back, "What is there to talk about? Yuju made the whole situation 10 times worse and you also didn't do anything wrong. I hate seeing you apologize for something you had no control over."

Yerin met Sinb's eyes and Sinb could feel her heart jump in her chest. "No... this is about, you know. C'mon I don't wanna say this outloud."

Sinb was dumbfounded by her words and also intoxicated by the blonde girl's appearance. Yerin finding this conversation nearing useless, she finally blurted out, "We almost... kissed Sinb. Don't you remember? I couldn't stop thinking about it once you left..." Her voice trailing off at the end.

Sinb refocused and saw Yerin blushing with her face in her hands. She took a step forward and reached for her hands, taking them into her own and decreasing the space between them. Almost quietly, Sinb gently lifted Yerin's face up to meet hers and whispered, "What? That? When our faces were inches apart? I couldn't do anything because I thought you didn't feel the same. I wanted to respect your space and I even thought you were interested in someone else..." Sinb's explanation was interrupted when she felt a pair of soft lips meet her own. Shocked more than anything else, she tried to push away the other girl, but she felt herself grow weaker and completely taken over by those wonderful pair of lips that were so gently placed on her own. Slowly closing her eyes and subconsciously placing a hand on Yerin's cheek, Sinb kissed her back and man was that the best feeling in the entire world. When they finally broke apart, Sinb slowly opened her eyes to meet dreamy brown orbs looking back at her lovingly.

"Now, you just talk too much. How could you not see... that I am completely drawn to you miss Hwang Eunbi?" Yerin softly said in Sinb's ear.

As much as Sinb wanted to stay with Yerin forever, she realized that they were both still in school and anybody could enter the bathroom at a moment's notice. Quickly grabbing Yerin's hand and taking advantage of the situation they were in, Sinb couldn't be any happier than she was right now. They ran out of that bathroom and down the hallway together like in all of those cute romantic dramas that Sinb loved to watch. And Sinb was delighted to see Yerin with an even bigger smile on her face. Sinb forgot all of yesterday's mishaps and wanted to live in the moment forever. Finally, a girl who loved Sinb back, but Yerin was more than that. She was perfect and there was nothing more that Sinb could ever want than to make her happy always. With no particular destination in mind, they kept running until they were both out of breath. With hands on their knees, they took one look at each other and started laughing hysterically. Sinb doesn't remember the last time she laughed this hard, and at literally nothing. Now this... this must be a dream, heaven, anywhere but reality. But in fact, it was reality.

 


Lol I really don't know anymore, I haven't continued this in years and I just wanted some kind of closure and happy ending. Haha I love sinrin very much and this was at least better than nothing. There you go people (if anyone is still reading this lol). Thanks for all the support! Maybe I'll continue this someday, but I just got super bored today and decided to write. Can't wait for Gfriend's new album, Song of the Sirens! Let's support them too!