Chapter 3: Perfect

Falling In Love, Again

More than anything else in the world, Sinb wished that the bell would ring. She already suffered through her countless hours of boring lessons for one day and she had enough. Even if she tried to pay attention in class, her concentration would slowly go back to the one person sitting only a few seats away from hers. Jung Yerin. How could she concentrate in class knowing that tomorrow is Friday- the one day of the week Sinb actually didn't want to come for the first time.

 

Sinb wondered if Yerin will ever know of the feelings she has for her. Quickly dismissing that thought, the dark-brown haired girl noticed that Yerin was looking back at her. Sinb quickly moved her eyes onto a random spot on her desk hoping that the taller girl wouldn't notice the slight pink blush forming on her cheeks as a small smile forms on her lips. What Sinb failed to notice was that the blonde haired girl was slightly smiling as well, noticing how cute Sinb is when she's flustered.

 

Finally turning her attention to the front of the classroom, Sinb couldn't help but let her thoughts race through her mind. Sinb contemplated why her feelings had to be so confusing and yet even harder for her to understand why. When will she ever feel satisfied with herself?

 

Throughout her entire life, she always tried to make herself better, never really quite knowing what she wanted to do with her life. Every single day were never ending paths- walking down them as the day went by, not knowing where they will take her or where she'll end up. Everyday is a mystery, something that is unexplainable and unexpected- never knowing really why.

 

Sinb's life was full of questions and mysteries, but right now wasn't a great time to be looking for some answers. Her consciousness went back to reality- the never ending path that led to nowhere.

 

Her eyes focused onto the clock above the board up front.

 

2:29 PM.

 

"One more minute until I can finally leave this horrible place." Sinb thought.

 

But then again, Sinb felt that she could stay in school for as long as that girl is still there. That girl has slowly become Sinb's reason for everything that she does. She is the only reason why school is bearable enough to go through. How could anyone feel discouraged knowing that the brightest, happiest, and most beautiful human being in the world is in the same classroom as you?

 

Sinb hears the teacher finishing up her lesson. "Have a good day everyone. I will see you all tomorrow."

 

*DING*

 

Sinb gets up from her seat and her eyes are immediately drawn to Yerin's desk. 

 

But something wasn't quite right. Sinb's eyes widened and her eyebrows furrowed.

 

Why isn't Yerin in her seat? Did she go somewhere? Sinb was starting to get worried and could feel herself getting apprehensive.

 

While Sinb was thinking of all the terrible things that could happen to Yerin, she suddenly feels a pair of soft hands covering her eyes.

 

Don't tell me it's her...

 

Sinb carefully took those hands off her eyes and turned around to look at the person whose delicate hands those belonged to.

 

"Did I make you worried?"

 

Sinb met the blonde girl's brown eyes.

 

No you didn't make me worried... you made me absolutely terrified to death.

 

"N- No..." Sinb responds stuttering. She realized that she's a terrible liar.

 

"You can't fool me." Yerin says confidently and places her hand on Sinb's chest. "See I knew that you were lying, your heart is beating incredibly fast. Were you that worried about me?"

 

Sinb couldn't think straight. She could feel her head getting fuzzy and blood rushing to her face. All that Sinb knew is that she could just stare into the other girl's eyes forever. Time wasn't a concern for Sinb- she felt that it had stopped completely. All of her worries and troubles washed away as she felt herself stare even deeper into the girl's eyes.

 

Was Yerin feeling the same way she was? Sinb just knew that she didn't want to ever look away.

 

There was a calm silence between them and Sinb wanted it to stay this way for as long as possible. Sinb never felt so happy in her entire life. A smile slowly crept up onto both Sinb's and Yerin's lips.

 

Sinb could hear Yerin slightly chuckle while covering with her hand. Sinb saw the taller girl's eye smile that never stops making her heart flutter. Hearing her slightly laughing cause Sinb to start laughing as well.

 

Their small laughter turned into hysterical wheezing and almost yelling earning weird looks and glares from the other students in the same classroom. Only until they both got scolded by the teacher did they stop laughing.

 

Sinb wished that she could always be this happy where she could laugh all of her worries away with the only person in the world that made her happy. She wished that she would always stay by her side no matter what. But in the end, she always doubted herself always saying "What if she doesn't feel the same way?" and "She doesn't like me in that way."

 

Sinb thought about this frowning a bit, making the blonde girl furrow her eyebrows in curiosity.

 

"Are you alright Sinb-ah?"

 

No... I'm not alright. I talk to you thinking that everything will be alright in the end. That everything will somehow turn out well for me even though I know that that will never happen. There is that illusion that life would be easy, but it's not. I can't deny the fact that my heart will only beat for you and no one else. Life could've been less complicated if I hadn't fallen in love with you- not like there's any way I couldn't have anyway.

 

I always try to find an excuse for everything that I do... but I don't need an excuse for falling in love with you. But if I fall too deep, it will only hurt me even more. I could just reply a simple "Yes" and move on living my life as a lie, but like I said before- I'm a terrible liar.

 

Yerin noticed that Sinb still hasn't answered her question. She was surprised when she heard the shorter girl open to and spoke in a small, shy voice.

 

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not." Sinb answered vaguely, but Yerin nodded showing that she understood what the shorter girl meant.

 

"Do you think I'm alright Yerin-ah?" Sinb looked back up and her eyes instantly locked with the blonde girl's brown eyes once more.

 

"I think that you are more than just alright Sinb-ah. I think that you're an amazing, beautiful person. Don't ever change yourself for anyone- you are perfect just the way you are." Yerin said in a similar small tone.

 

Sinb finally showed her beautiful smile she always kept away. She was still blushing from that compliment, but also noticed that the blonde girl had a slight pink tint to her cheeks as well.

 

Yeah, I wouldn't mind staying like this just for a little bit longer.

 

But dreams don't always come true do they...

 

Yuju came into their classroom and walked up to Yerin and Sinb. Well... more like just Yerin.

 

"Yerin-ssi! I need to tell you something really impor- oh hi Sinb-ah... Sorry was I interrupting something?"

 

Sinb's glare towards Yuju was so intense it could literally set this place on fire.

 

Noooo, clearly you weren't interrupting anything. You came at the perfect time as well. Just perfect. Sinb thought.

 

"I think I'll just leave now..." Sinb said not wanting to make things awkward between the three of them.

 

"Bye Yerin-ah, Yuju-ssi." She waved goodbye to them and walked out of the classroom as quickly as possible.

 

 

 


Sorry for taking a while updating this. I get a break off of school next week so I'll be able to write more. :) Thanks for all the support you guys have given me. Make sure to also support Eunji of Apink's new song The Spring and her new album The Space! <3 Gfriend's Fanmeeting tho... those videos made me cry TT.