Chapter 1: Friends?

Falling In Love, Again

Sinb was on her way to class with her earbuds in and having it blasted at full volume. First day of the semester... again... time for another year full of boring lectures and lessons she can't wait to be over. Sinb meets up her best friend Umji and they go walk to class together. The bell rings just as the Professor walks in.

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, everyone. I hope you've all had a great break. There is a new student who will be transferring to this class today." the Professor said.

 

Whispers fill the room with curiosity, wanting to know who the new student will be. Sinb wasn't paying attention, with her head in her hand, she looked down and scribbled random drawings on her notebook.

 

The new student walks in and comes to the front of the classroom.

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, my name is Jung Yerin. Please take care of me."

 

Sinb wasn't listening to anything the Professor was saying until he told her to go sit down at the empty desk next to hers. Without looking up, she sensed her footsteps get closer as she proceeded to sit down in the seat next to her. Sinb finally getting curious enought to wonder who the new girl was, looked up from her notebook to take a look at her.

 

Sinb was shocked from this girl's beauty. She noticed her beautiful milky, white skin and her gorgeous blonde hair that fell perfectly past her shoulders. Wanting to get to know this girl more, Sinb decided to go and talk to her after class ended. But as she was watching the clock tick, she felt nervous like the feeling of talking to your crush. No, Sinb thought, I do not have a crush on a girl after seeing her just once.

 

Finally, class ended and everyone was packing up their things.

 

Umji came up to Sinb and asked, "Do you want to go to the cafeteria together? Sowon, Eunha, and Yuju are there waiting for us."

 

"No, sorry Umji. I'll come there soon, there's something I need to do first." Sinb responded.

 

A tiny bit suspiscious Umji said, "Alright, then. But don't take too long!"

 

"Okay, I won't. Go on then." Sinb reassured.

 

Umji left the classroom and Sinb looked around to see if that new girl was still there. Seeing that she was still there gathering up her things, Sinb took a deep breath and walked over to her.

 

Sinb smiled and said, "Annyeonhasaeyo, my name is Hwang Eunbi, but you can just call me Sinb. Nice to meet you and welcome to our school."

 

The blonde girl smiled back and said, "Nice to meet you Sinb, my name is Yerin."

 

Sinb suggested, "Should I go show you around the school? Since you're new here and all..."

 

"Sure why not?" Yerin responded.

 

Sinb and Yerin walked out of the classroom together and Sinb showed her around the school. Sinb started off by showing her all the different classrooms. Then she moved onto showing her the park outside.

 

Wanting to get to know Yerin better, Sinb curiously asked,"Why have you decided to transfer to our school?"

 

Yerin responds, "My parents wanted me to go here. They heard that you get a really good education here."

 

They walk over to a bench and sit down next to each other. They sit in silence, feeling the breeze go across their faces.

 

Sinb wanted to break the silence. "Sorry for all the random questions I've been asking you. Just... I really wanted to get to know you better." Sinb could felt heat rise to her cheeks.

 

"I wanted to get to know you better too, Sinb-ssi." Yerin shyly says with a small smile on her face.

 

Sinb remembered about meeting up with Sowon, Eunha, Yuju, and Umji and suggested to Yerin that she goes and introduces her to her friends.

 

-------

 

Arriving at the cafeteria, Sinb gets yelled at by the older red haired girl.

 

Sowon, walking up to the pair of them, "Yah, Sinb-yah! Why did you take so long getting here? We were starting to get worried!"

 

Eunha getting up from her seat says, "Sowon, please calm down. Sinb's finally here right? And look she brought a new friend with her too."

 

"Mianhae, Sowon-unnie. I was showing a new student here around the school."

 

"Oh! So that's what you said you were going to do earlier!" Umji chimed in.

 

"Yes, and I brought her here, so she could introduce herself to you guys."

 

Yerin introduced herself. "Annyeonghasaeyo, my name is Yerin. Nice to meet you all."

 

"Annyeonghaesaeyo" they all respond.

 

Yerin and Sinb go to their table to sit down. They start having random conversations about everything making Yerin laugh. After lunch ended, Yerin took Sinb aside from the rest and told the rest of them to go on ahead.

 

The younger girl was a bit worried why she took her aside. "Yerin-ssi, is there something wrong?"

 

The blonde girl was surprised. "Oh! No, there isn't anything wrong Sinb-ssi. I wanted to ask you a question."

 

Sinb relieved says, "Okay then, ask away."

 

"I was wondering if you could help me get to know your friend, Yuju, a bit better."

 


Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. I know that there are a lot of mistakes and I think that I haven't really described the characters that well, but I'm trying my best. I know that this chapter was a bit short, but its really hard thinking of new ideas. If you guys have any suggestions for anything please do leave a comment! Please support Gfriend and let's get our 2nd win for Fingertip. Thank you all for the support already. <3