Chapter 5: That Girl

Falling In Love, Again

Sinb currently lost in her thoughts once again, her legs subconsciously carried herself over to the girl's front door.

 

Her body felt heavier with each step towards the girl's house and her breathing slowed down...

 

As if time was stopping all around her at this very moment.

 

Quickly making sure she wasn't late, she took out her phone to check the time.

 

6:00 PM

 

Sinb let go of a breath she didn't realize she was holding in. At least I'm not late. Quickly making sure she made herself look presentable for Yerin using her phone as a mirror, she took the last few steps that would make her reach her destination.

 

She finally arrived at the front door, which to Sinb seemed like forever. Inhaling a large amount of the cool air, she slowly raised her hand and placed her finger on the door bell.

 

Too late to turn back now- here I go... Sinb thought as she took in another large breath and felt her finger press against the bell.

 

*DING DONG*

 

Taking a step back from the door, Sinb waited patiently waited for it to open as she heard movement come from inside the house. She noticed that she didn't actually know or ask the others when they would be arriving.

 

Man, I hope I'm not the first one here.

 

Sinb knows from countless experiences how awkward it gets just being alone with another person waiting for others to arrive, hoping for anything that would break the silence between them.

 

But then again, she did take her time getting to the other girl's house. Maybe they're already inside planning to surprise me or something. That's usually something that Eunha would do. Sinb thought of the older girl and her cheeky antics. Wow, who knew that I could think of so much random stuff on the way to Yerin's house?

 

How long have I been waiting out here for? Sinb did notice how long it strangely took for the door to open. Haha, maybe they are planning on surprising me.

 

Just as Sinb decided to go ring the doorbell one more time, the door opened to reveal Yerin.

 

Sinb felt herself jump a little as she looked at the blonde-haired girl. "Yah! Yerin-ah, don't scare me like that..." Sinb said repeatedly, lightly hitting the girl's arm.

 

"Owww, stop it, that hurts! Alright, alright, I'm sorry Sinb-ah. I won't do that again hehehe." Sinb heard the Yerin say. "I'm surprised, you came pretty early... no one else arrived yet..."

 

"Yeah, um... I don't live far away from you, so I just decided to walk here..." Sinb explained rubbing one hand on the back of her neck, still slightly shocked from the girl appearing so quickly.

 

"So... how long are planning on staying out here?" Yerin joked sarcastically. "Come inside Sinb-ah, it's cold out here."

 

Sinb only nodded her head and walked towards the other girl going through the doorway. Yerin grabbed her hands and felt how cold they actually were without Sinb noticing herself.

 

Almost immediately, warmth embraced Sinb's body as Yerin closed the door closed behind her, stopping the cold air from coming inside. Sinb looked around as she observed her new surroundings. It was a simple house, not too fancy or anything too out of the ordinary Sinb noticed.

 

But what she noticed first before even entering was that Yerin was wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants printed with rubber ducks.

 

That's Yerin alright. Sinb smirked. You look cute todayIf only she could say this to the girl outloud all the time...

 

Sinb took off her shoes before being led around her house by Yerin. "Where are your parents Yerin-ah?" Sinb asked her.

 

"They're going away somewhere for the weekend. They didn't tell me where, but at least now you'll be able to hang over here whenever you want!" Yerin said excitedly.

 

Sinb felt happy knowing how Yerin felt about how close the two of them were that she welcomed her into her house just like that. Then, they went into the blonde girl's room.

 

Upon opening the door, Sinb's eyes were almost blinded by how bright everything looked. The walls were painted in a pretty light yellow color that made the white cutrains around her windows stand out even more. Even though it was already getting dark outside, it seemed as though everything seemed to light up in here. Well... really the brightest person in the room was standing just a few feet away from herself.

 

"Wow, it's much brighter than my room at least." Sinb told the other girl. She then noticed that part of her walls were covered in posters of popular girl groups and no boy groups were seen anywhere.

 

"You only like the girl groups?" Sinb asked curiously.

 

"Yeah..." Yerin shyly answered. "I don't know why, but I've always seemed to like their kind of music better... along with their visuals..."

 

Sinb almost didn't hear that last part that Yerin told her. Not only was she surprised to hear this, she was also kinda happy about it as well. Maybe, that crazy thought that Yerin actually liked girls was actually true...

 

"Well, I guess I'm like you too."

 

Yerin looked up to the other girl's response and met her eyes.

 

"Other than my undying love for Bigbang, I've always seemed to like the girl groups better." Sinb said. "But that's just my opinion." She added.

 

Sinb could tell that Yerin looked relieved to hearing this.

 

"Never be shy around me, Yerin-ah. Just be yourself, even if other people don't accept you, I always will." Sinb reassured.

 

Yerin's eyes brightened up. Smiles formed on both of the girl's lips after this statement. Sinb knew that it wasn't any of those fake smiles people give to each other to hide what they're really feeling. No- this was a real, true, genuine smile that she saw from the other girl. And she returned it just as true from her heart to her as well.

 

Sinb doesn't know if Yerin also realizes that this is what usually happens whenever they're talking to each other alone. That is- that their conversations usually lead to them staring into each other's eyes in silence for who knows how long. But neither of them ever want to stop.

 

Yerin doesn't know either why it is that this only ever happens when she talks to Sinb and nobody else. There's just something different about that girl, but she can't seem to figure it out, which is exactly what is going through Sinb's mind as well.

 

Sinb wants to know if all of her thoughts are as mixed up as Yerin's are. She wants to take the intitiative to talk to her about it, but there's always that voice in the back of head telling her otherwise. Both girls seemed to get enough courage to speak up to each other as they said each other's names aloud simultaneously.

 

"Sinb..."

 

"Yerin..."

 

Sinb and Yerin looked at each other. Sinb slowly grabbed Yerin's hand and led her to sit down onto her rubber duck covered bed.

 

Sinb noticed how her heart beat was pacing up and her palms were getting sweaty, not to mention the heat rising to her face. But she also noticed how Yerin shifted around from where she was sitting on the bed, until they were both facing each other.

 

"Can you hear that?" The brunette asked. "My heart is beating so loud you could hear it from miles away."

 

Yerin only looked at her and said, "Funny... that's exactly the same way I'm feeling right now. Hahaha." She laughed. "Do you always feel this way whenever you're around me?"

 

"Yah, stop being so cheesy Yerin-ah. You're the one feeling like that whenever you're around me." Sinb joked.

 

Silence eveloped them once again, but Sinb knew that there was something that they were both keeping from each other. She finally got enough courage to go and ask her the haunting question that hasn't left her mind for a while now and she really needed to get this off her chest as soon as possible.

 

"Yerin-ah..." Sinb softly called out to the other girl.

 

"Hmm?" Yerin hummed showing that she was listening.

 

"Do you..." Sinb paused for a second and took a deep breath.

 

"Do you like anyone Yerin-ah?"

 

Silence.

 

For the first time, Sinb dreaded it.

 

Realizing what she just said she told her quickly, "Sorry, it was a stupid question. You don't have to answer it, I was just curio-"

 

"Sinb-ah."

 

Sinb stopped talking immediately once she heard the blonde girl's soft, angelic voice.

 

"In fact... Yes, to answer your question." Yerin said. "Yes, I do like someone... like a lot." She admitted.

 

Sinb felt something hit very hard into her chest although nothing touched her at all. It was as if all those troubles from her entire life just dropped onto her all at the same time at this very moment.

 

She could only respond in a small, "Oh..." She knew that deep inside, something was hurting very badly. But then curiosity sparked and when she thought of all the possibilities, there was no way that Yerin would ever feel that way about her. She even thought of the possibility that the person she liked would be that girl.

 

Yerin could tell that her answer seemed to bother Sinb a lot and she hated seeing her in that state.

 

She started to explain, "Sinb-ah, it's not like that. I li-"

 

*DING DONG*

 

For the first time once again, she was happy that something interrupted Yerin. Being as stubborn as she is, she thought that she didn't need an explanation from her, she's already heard enough. The doorbell interrupting the silence rung again.

 

"Umm... I'll go get it." Yerin said.

 

Sinb stayed in the girl's room as she already knew who would be awaiting Yerin at the door.

 

Maybe she'd be happier seeing her than how she reacted to seeing me.

 

Sinb heard some of the conversation that came from outside the door.

 

"Hello Yerin!" Sinb could hear Yuju's voice sounding very enthusiastic that sounded so fake.

 

"Oh, hello Yuju-ssi." Yerin's voice responded. "Where are the others?"

 

"So, Sowon, Eunha, and Umji all told me that they won't be able to come today. I'm not sure about Sinb, but I'm guessing that it'll just be the two of us for now..." Sinb could definitely imagine how happy Yuju's face looked like when she said this.

 

"Actually, Sinb is already here. She's inside right now."

 

"Oh, alright..." Yuju's voice definitely sounding disappointed as Yerin welcomed her inside her house.

 

 


Hello everyone! I know I haven't updated this in a really long time, but hope you guys like this update. I'm just getting more ideas on what to write as the days go by. Thanks for all the support and 1000+ views already! I really want to thank you all for still liking my story and subscribing to it. Let's support Twice's comeback with Signal on May 15. Also, tell me what you guys think about Gfriend dyeing their hairs back to black/brown and if they should've kept the color before. (Except Umji and I think Yuju) Anyways, good luck everyone on your exams and I will be back soon with an update of this story. I also finally got Gfriend's Flower Bud album as it got back in stock so I wouldn't have to buy the $100 ones. Also, did anyone see that controversy that WJSN's MeiQi and XuanYi were lesbian billionaires? Lol that was so funny. Alright, peace out. <3