I'VE MISSED YOU

LAVENDER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Irene decided to move into the house a few days later.

She kept everything the same. When she felt lonely, she would go out and walk through the lavender field. It made her smile thinking about how Wendy smelled when she carried her and held her close.

Every now and then Yeri would visit and they would wander through the field and make small talk just like today.

“Unnie, do you still miss her?” Yeri asks.

“Every single day.” Irene answers.

“Do you think she’ll ever come back?”

“I don’t know. I can only hope she does.”

“What will you do if she does?”

“I’ve been thinking about it too. I just think, I’d tell her how sorry I am for not recognizing her and for not seeing how much she did for me. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever told her how thankful I am for everything she’s done for me. Right now, I don’t care if it’s even for just one second. As long as I get to see her again, I’ll be happy.”

“Unnie, what if she comes back with her fiancé? What will you do then?”

Irene’s face falls. She stops in her steps and looks at Yeri. “I don’t know. I honestly don’t know what I’ll do.”

“You never stopped loving her did you?” Yeri asks.

Irene lets out a small smile. “I thought I did but my heart never stopped loving that little sweet girl. Thinking about it now, she never changed one bit. I was just too stupid to see all the signs.”

“That I can agree with. You really are stupid.”

“Yah!”

“What? Just saying the truth hurts.”

Irene chuckled and pulled Yeri into a light headlock.

Yeri lets out a deep sigh. “I hope she comes back soon. I really miss Wendy unnie.”

“Me too, Yerim-ah. Me too.”

 

 

 

 

6 months later.

A car pulls up by the hill and someone gets out. They make their way to the hill top and look at the lavender field. A smile on their face.

The person makes their way towards the field and walks amongst them.

Irene was sleeping in the art room when a cool wind breeze blew through the window and woke her up.

She gets up and stretches but stops when she sees the back of someone wandering through the lavender field.

Curious, Irene grabs her cardigan and walks outside. She stands on the porch and watches the person with a confused expression.

After a moment, she realizes who the person is and starts running towards them.

The person stops in places and stretches their arms out wide and closes their eyes as they take a deep breath.

Just then Irene comes running and throws herself into the person enveloping them into a back hug.

The impact causes something to drop from the person.

“I thought I told you to wait in the car.” the person said softly with a smile and places a hand over the hands around their waist.

“I've missed you.” Irene whispered. “Wendy-ah.”

Wendy’s smile fades hearing the words. She freezes in place.

“Irene?” Wendy says; her voice comes out just above a whisper.

Irene smiles hearing her name.

They stay like that for a while longer. Irene clinging to Wendy’s back.

Their moment is broken up when a voice calls out for Wendy. “Wan-ah?! Where are you?”

Wendy pulls back from Irene and just as they separate, a beautiful and charismatic woman appears.

“Oh, there you are.” The woman says and approaches them with a smile. “This place is beautiful. We should buy that house. I could wake up to this every day for the rest of my life. What do you say?”

Irene looks at Wendy then at the woman.

The woman looks at Wendy with a smile then looks at Irene. “Hi. I suppose you must be the owner of this beautiful place. I got to say I’m bit jealous.”

 

 

 

 

Yeri rushes through the door to Seulgi’s place.

“Whoa there squirtle. Where are you in a hurry to?” Seulgi asked.

“Wendy unnie’s back.”

“What?” Joy exclaimed.

“When?” Seulgi asks.

“She just got back this morning.” Yeri said.

“How do you know?” Joy asks.

“I was skipping school and passed her place and saw people unpacking things today. I asked one of the workers and they said that the owner was back to prepare for a wedding.” Yeri explained.

All of their eyes widen. “What?”

“Wait, Wendy unnie is getting married here?” Joy asks as she looks at Seulgi worried.

“Oh no, Irene unnie. We need to tell her.” Seulgi says and grabs her phone but Joy stops her.

“Wait…should we tell her? I mean, wouldn’t that just break her heart?”

They all stop and think about it.

“You’re right but what do we do? We also just can’t not tell her and let her find out later. She would be so mad at us.” Yeri says.

“I don’t know. Why don’t we go to her place first?” Seulgi suggests.

“Alright. Let’s go.” Joy agrees.

The three gather their things and head out the door.

On the way out, Joy lectures Yeri. “Now, tell me why you were skipping school?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter