BYE, UNNIE

LAVENDER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Three days have passed and Irene hasn’t been able to talk to Wendy. She sat at the café sulking while staring at her phone.

Yeri watches her with interest. “Unnie?”

“Uh?” Irene said looking absent minded.

“What’s with the sulking at this time of day?”

“I think I’m going to go crazy.”

“I think you’re already crazy. I mean, look at you. You’re a mess.”

Irene stares blankly at her phone. “Argh, why hasn’t she called or text or something?”

“You know people who go through a tough breakup like this don’t normally call or text each other right away.”

“Me and my stupid mouth. Gosh, so so so stupid.”

Yeri was confused. “Are we even talking about the same thing?”

She looked over Irene’s shoulder to see what she was staring at. On the screen was Wendy’s name. Yeri finally realized what she was talking about. She chuckles and shakes her head.

“Admit it. You miss her.” Yeri said.

“What?”

“I said, admit it. It’s only been three days and you already miss her.” Yeri said with a smile.

Irene looks at Yeri confused. “Why would I miss Seulgi?”

“I wasn’t talking about Seulgi unnie.”

“Then who were you talking about?” Irene asked confused.

“I was talking about Wendy unnie.”

“Oh.”

“Come on. Admit it. You miss her. And don't even try to lie to me.”

“I…I…” Irene sighs. “Fine. I miss her. Happy?”

“Yes, very much. So much that I can tell you like her. Like “LIKE” her.” Yeri wiggles her eyebrows.

“Eh? You must be dreaming.” Irene denies. "I don't like her like that. I just feel bad for saying all those things."

"Well, you should feel bad. Wendy unnie has done nothing wrong. In fact, she has done everything right and more. Without her, I swear, you'd already be in a mental ward."

"I know." Irene said and banged her head on the table. "What am I going to do?"

"You pretty much screwed yourself on that."

"You're not helping."

"Oh, but I am. That's why I'm telling you that you like Wendy unnie like that."

Irene lifts her head up and frowns at Yeri. "I think you've been watching too many dramas. I don't like her like that."

“Unnie, thinking about it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you sulk like this over Seulgi unnie. I mean, you have but not this bad. Seulgi unnie was gone for almost two weeks before you started missing her. You started missing Wendy unnie as soon as you didn’t see her and you’ve been moping around sulking like this for the past 3 days driving me crazy, which means, you LIKE her. Scratch that, you're probably in love with her and don't even know it.”

Irene scoffs. “Ha, right. You've got it all wrong. I only like her as a friend and of course I love her as a friend. Why would I like her like that? You're reading all the wrong signs."

"Then you wouldn't get jealous if Wendy unnie was with someone else? Doing all those sweet and kind things she does only for you for someone else then?" Yeri pushed.

Irene thought about it and as she did, she automatically frowned making Yeri chuckle.

"Oh, you so would get jealous." Yeri said.

That snaps Irene out of her thoughts. "No. She's allowed to treat whoever the way she wants. I'd never get jealous."

Yeri smirks. “Don't believe me then fine. Well, I do turn 21 in a few years. When I do, I’ll marry her.”

“Yah!” Irene said surprising Yeri.

“What? You said you only like her as a friend so that means, I can marry her but don’t worry, you can be my maid of honor.”

“I don’t want to.”

“Why? I thought Wendy unnie was your friend. Besides I’m your sister so you have no choice. Ha ha.” Yeri teased.

“I don’t want to. I won’t do it.”

Yeri smiles knowingly. “Fine. But when we do, I hope she builds me a nice house with a pink rose field.”

“Why? You don’t like the lavender field?” Irene asked.

“It’s pretty but I want roses. It's more romantic.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter