PLEASE, ANSWER

LAVENDER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning Irene stirred awake to an empty bed.

She sits up and looks around. Wendy was nowhere to be found.

There was a note on the side lamp. Irene reaches for it.

It reads: ‘Sorry I had to leave early. I had to go get ready for the wedding. You looked tired so I didn’t want to wake you. Get some more rest. I’ll see you at the wedding.’

She looked disappointed and sad as tears rolled down her eyes.

After a few minutes of trying to calm her broken heart, she finally got up to get ready. She took a shower, and picked out a beautiful light purple dress.

She took one last look at her reflection in the mirror. She took a deep breath and let it out trying to smile but tears quickly built up in her eyes.

She quickly wipes them away and takes another deep breath.

Just then there’s a knock on the door.

Irene opens it and finds Yeri. She pulls her along. “Hurry up unnie or we’ll be late for the wedding.”

Irene lets out a sad deep sigh before following Yeri out the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The wedding hall was packed.

Irene scanned the room but couldn’t find Wendy anywhere.

“Have you seen Wendy?” Irene whispered to Yeri.

“No. Maybe she’s in the bride’s room.” Yeri replied.

After a while, Irene decides to get up. “I’ll be back.”

She leaves and makes her way around looking for the bride’s room. She turns a corner and sees the sign for the bride’s room.

Slowly, she walks over to it. Nervous, she fidgets with her hand as she gets closer.

Just as she is about to reach the door, a few excited girls rush in front of her and push the door open, rushing inside to crowd around the bride.

Irene places her hand on the door to keep it from closing. She gently nudges it open just enough to peek inside.

There, she sees Wendy dressed up nicely in a beige suit talking to Moonbyul. She was smiling and laughing. She looked really happy.

The girls surrounding them are taking pictures nonstop.

Irene holds a hand to her heart. Tears threatening to fall so she rushes back to the table and grabs her things.

The trio looks at her confused.

“Unnie, what’s wrong? Where are you going?” Joy asked.

“I can’t. I thought I could but I can’t stay here. I can’t sit and watch her marry someone else. I just…I need to go.”

“Unnie, I’ll go with you.” Yeri says.

“No. You guys stay. I’ll just see you all later. Tell her I said congrats.” Irene says and rushes out the door.

Seulgi lets out a deep breath. “What do we do? Should we go to or should we stay?”

“I don’t know. Irene unnie is hurting but if we leave, Wendy unnie…” Joy sighed.

“This is so crazy. I don’t know what to do anymore.” Yeri rambled.

Just then Wendy approaches their table. “Hey, you’re all here. Uh, where’s Irene?” she frowns seeing the empty seat.

“Uh…” Joy could only muster out.

“Did she not come? Is she okay? Is she sick?” Wendy asked worriedly.

“Uh, Wendy unnie, Irene unnie was here earlier but she left.” Yeri answers.

“Huh? Why?” Wendy asks her face filled with disappointment.

“Uh, she said she didn’t feel too well and didn’t want to ruin the happy occasion so she left but she said to say congrats.” Joy answers.

“Oh. I see. Well, I should get going then.” Wendy said as she sees a staff waving at her and leaves.

But as soon as Wendy leaves, someone joins them.

“Hello, my lovelies. How are you all doing today?”

They all turn to see a smiling face.

“Oh, Solar unnie. You’re here too. Wow you look great. Wendy didn’t tell us you were here too.” Yeri said with a smile.

“Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be? I wouldn’t miss it for the world. It’s nice to see you all here but where’s Irene?”

“She was here but she wasn’t feeling well so she had to leave.”

“That’s unfortunate. It would’ve been really nice to have her here for the wedding. That’s probably why Wendy looked disappointed when I saw her. Did you guys know that Irene’s Wendy’s first love?” Solar said.

They all nodded. “Yeah. Jisoo told us.”

“Yeah. She’s not very good with words but she was super excited to come back and see Irene. Keeping this between us but after all the lecture I gave her about going after the girl she loves, I think Wendy's planning on asking her out, like, finally.”

They all look at her confused.

“Unnie, what are you talking about? Why would she do that? Isn’t this her wedding?” Seulgi asks.

“Eh?” Solar looks at them confused. “What are you talking about? This is MY wedding.”

They all look at her in shock.

“But, Jisoo unnie said Wendy was getting engaged. Was she wrong?” Joy asked.

“No she wasn’t. It’s true that she was engaged to Moonbyul but then there was a change of plan at the last second…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

FLASHBACK:

 

 

 

Moonbyul and Wendy sit in a coffee shop.

“Moonbyul, it’s been a long time. I’ve missed you. How have you been?”

“Hey Wendy, it has been a long time. I missed you too and I’ve been good.”

“That’s good to hear. So are you ready?” Wendy said with a smile.

Moonbyul takes a deep breath and grabs Wendy’s free hand.

“Wan-ah, I don’t know how to tell you this but after all these years and spending so much time apart, I have to be honest and tell you that I’ve fallen for someone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter