Two

Colors of Love

 

 

Mimi spent the entire first few lessons thinking about what happened that morning. She wondered was the jerk who pushed her mom really YooA's boyfriend. Mimi still couldn't believe and have no idea how to feel about it. Rumors in the school usually spread fast like wildfire but why she hadn't heard that YooA has a boyfriend?

Just by the thought of YooA and a boyfriend, angered her. She could have handled that morning incident better if it wasn't for the jerk, Jay, and YooA would have a better impression of her. Now, YooA would just remember her as the girl whose mom almost crash her. Great.

Frustrated with herself, Mimi roughly scratched her head and accidentally let out a loud grunt. She was too immersed in thoughts that it slipped off her mind she was still in Mrs. Jeon class, her Literature teacher. Everybody in class looked at her.

"Kim Mihyun, do you have something to share with the class?" Mrs. Jeon asked even though she knew Mimi wasn't listening to her from the start.

"No, madam." Mimi had always been under Mrs. Jeon radar for being one of the troublemakers in class, this time was no exception. Mrs. Jeon crossed her arm and asked the obvious again. "Have you handed in yesterday's assignment?"

Mimi thought for a while, trying to remember the assignment she had assigned to the class yesterday. Mimi then turned to her right where her best friend, Seunghee, sat just a desk away from her. She then mouthed to Seunghee.

“There’s homework?”

Annoyance slightly flashed on her friend's face as she lowered herself and nodded her head. She then picked up the literature book from her desk and pointed at it. It then occurred to Mimi, she totally forgot about the ‘Reflection' assignment.

Mimi then looked up at her most not favorite teacher with pleading eyes, “I forget to bring it.”

"Well, I would be surprised if you actually remember to do it … you know what you should do then, need I to remind you in case you forget where you should stand too?" Mimi rolled her eyes at the sarcastic remarks and got up from her seat. She then dragged her feet out of the classroom through the back door of the class and held her hands up over her head.

When Mrs. Jeon wasn't looking at her direction and went back teaching the class, Mimi took out her earphones from her pocket and fit them into her ears. She tried to distract herself from the cramps on her hands and focus on the music that was playing. She then started to lip-sync and kept nodding her head to the fast beat. Mimi closed her eyes as she slowly got herself carried away enjoying the music that she didn't realize someone was coming.

Until she heard light footsteps coming from her right side. Still feeling the music, she opened one eye to take a peek and was taken aback. The last person she had in mind to see her making a fool out of herself outside the classroom was standing right there, giving her the weird look.

YooA. 

Mimi then composed herself and tried to act as if nothing happened but inside she’s dying of embarrassment. She could feel warmth rising on her cheeks. YooA briefly bowed at Mimi and actually smiled a little as she walked past Mimi.

Mimi couldn’t help but to blush harder and cursed herself. She then watched YooA from the corner of her eye wondering where she was heading to. Surprisingly, YooA took a turn toward the washroom. And at that moment, Mimi suddenly had an idea.

It was unexpected to see YooA around her class level as YooA’s class was one level above Mimi’s. Well, it didn’t matter that much as to why YooA went to this level washroom instead of hers because Mimi just wouldn't want to miss a chance to talk to YooA again.

Mimi kept her earphones away and prepared herself to escape. An escape from the devious Literature teacher. She observed Mrs. Jeon as she was still going on about literature thing that Mimi had absolutely no interest in. Once Mrs. Jeon turned around facing the whiteboard Mimi took the chance. Cautiously, she slid her feet sideways to the left while still keeping her hands up over her head and her eyes never leave on Mrs. Jeon. When she was finally out of the teacher sight, Mimi quickly ran towards the girls' washroom.

Once she reached, there was no one around except for that one closed cubicle so she assumed that must be YooA. Nervous, she paced around a little and waited for a while more before she heard the sound of the toilet flushed and then she pretended to wash her hands.

YooA came out of the cubicle and washed her hands as well. Mimi took a peek at YooA from the large mirror reflection and was taken aback when their eyes met. That moment, Mimi held her breath as if she got caught.

Mimi then awkwardly smiled and YooA smiled back with a little nod. Mimi smiled wider, she then bit her lower lip and took a deep breath before turning her body towards YooA. She bowed 90 degrees and exclaimed, “I’m really sorry for the incident this morning!”

Then a bruise on YooA’s wrist caught Mimi attention in which she instantly reached out for it. "Don't tell me this is-“ Before Mimi could finish, YooA quickly retreat her hand.

“No,” YooA said, sounded defensive. Mimi was surprised by her reaction and had a bad feeling about it but YooA quickly apologized. “It’s not from this morning, I … it must be from yesterday, I fell while I was jogging.” YooA waved her hands and laughed a little, trying to make the atmosphere less awkward.

Mimi wanted to ask a few more questions as she was really worried what happened to her wrist because it looked more like something grabbed her wrist too hard. Or someone but she didn’t ask further of course. Mimi didn't want to sound like a freak suddenly being nosy in her life. YooA barely knew her, and she probably felt weird and uncomfortable just being around her right now. Mimi rubbed the back of her neck and apologized to YooA.

"Don’t apologize I guess you're just worried, but thank you for your concern even though we don't know each other that much." YooA said as she gave a wide grin and those eye smile appeared as she squished her nose a little and giggled. Mimi mind suddenly went blank. She had seen that adorable smile before but never was it meant for her. And now that smile was directed to her, Mimi never knew it could literally stun her.

"Got to go then." YooA waved and gave her one last friendly smile before walking off but stopped for a moment to say in her small voice, "See you around, Mimi."

Mimi who was still trying to take hold of herself but she managed to just nod her head and gave a stiff smile. She then let out the breath that she had been holding before loudly gasped. "Did she just … called me…" Mimi's eyes widened at the thought of it, she couldn't even trust her own ears. It took her a while to finally make herself move and rushed out of the toilet.

"Where do you think you're going?" Mimi shivered upon hearing the voice. It was definitely a different kind of shiver compare to when YooA called her name. Mimi slowly turned herself around to see a lioness glaring at her.

"Detention?" Mimi asked, her voice cracked a little.

"After school, you will not be dismissed until you finished yesterday's and today's assignment." Mrs. Jeon sternly said before stomping back to class with the sullen looking Mimi followed shortly behind her.

 

 

------------------------------------------------

<3