Three

Colors of Love

A/n: It's time to introduce the next potential couple!

-----------------------------------------------

 

“Hey Arin, have you memorize all the script yet?” Dayoung, Arin's best friend since middle school asked as she flipped through her paper scripts.

“Err, not really, even though I was up all night last night preparing.” Arin pouted her lips.

“I know right, what were the seniors thinking to give up the scripts just a week before the audition.”

“Well, it’s better than giving us just a day or two to memorize.” Both of them shudders at the possibility.

“That doesn’t make any sense, they should at least give us more than two weeks. There’s like four scripts and each script is for four different roles to memorize, and there's one male role are they crazy?!" Dayoung complaint as she waved her hands around.

"You're so dramatic, we are in all-girls school, of course someone must take on the male character."

Dayoung sighed as she slouched against the wall behind her, "Sometimes I wish we are in a co-ed school."

"Well, it doesn't matter." Arin shrugged.

"Arin… how can you be so calm about it?” Dayoung looked at her with a dramatic agony look.

"Well, if you think about it the scripts are quite short but we have to put in a lot more effort on the emotions which the seniors only vaguely indicate in the scripts. I guess it's a challenge for us cause they did tell us on the previous audition they are not going to be lenient with us this time round."

Her best friend sighed even louder, "Easy for you, they all seem to like you."

"Don't say that you're making feel bad." Arin lightly hit Dayoung's arm. "But in the end I didn't get it, right?"

"That's what I don’t understand, like, I was sure you will get the role but none of the juniors got it." Arin was unsure herself. During the last audition, she actually felt that she didn’t do really well even when most of the seniors praised her.

At the beginning, she actually liked the attention that's she was getting from the seniors. They were all very kind and caring. 

Arin was well known among the seniors in the drama club for being the number one “A junior that they want to take care and protect” because of her natural flowing of cuteness that just makes you wanna scream, "She's a baby!" But after quite some time, Arin got a little weary of it especially after a few of the juniors started to show some dislike towards her.

However, not all seniors seem to dote on Arin a lot though, there’s one senior that particularly caught Arin’s attention. Arin had been looking around to find her since the start of today's practice but she hadn't seen her anywhere yet.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Arin was the last to audition out of the nine juniors. Everyone knows the last one are always the most pressured one. However, Arin didn't let it bother her. She thought of it as an opportunity to observe the performance of others and also the judge's reactions.

The judges consist of five seniors, 3 of which are the third year seniors, the club president, vice-president, and scriptwriter. While the other 2 judges are the leaders from the second year members. They were all seated at the front part of the stage floor and the maroon colored curtains were closed behind them.

“Next!”

It was a long wait until finally, it was Arin's turn. She did the audition just like the rest, unsure but determine to impress the seniors. There were parts she got lost but with the encouraging smiles from the seniors, Arin was able to get back on track with the scripts. After she had finished all the parts, as expected just like the previous audition most of the judges started to compliment her and gave her supportive advice except for one.

“There’s no emotion at all in some parts, could be better.” Binnie, one of the sophomore judges flatly remarked and  gave a subtle smile, “But nonetheless good job." Arin took a deep breath and nodded her head, she then bowed and muffled a thank you before she made her way to the backstage where the rest of the juniors were waiting.

“Psst Binnie," YooA, the vice president, nudged her. "I think that's a little harsh."

"Really? I think I was harsher with a few other before her… but you didn't say a thing." Binnie raised an eyebrow. At times, Binnie can be too serious and sometimes YooA had no idea if Binnie's joking or not.

"But you got to admit she was really cute." Hyojung, the president, chimed in. "Did you saw how cute she was when she got all lost and flustered in the middle." Everyone nods their heads and Hyojung went full on fangirled as she hugged herself. "I just want to hug her and said it's all going to be fine."

Binnie shook her head, she could never understand all the buzz that circulating around the junior named, Choi Yewon.

“I'm sorry to say this but I've been observing that you guys have been pampering and helping Yewon a lot compare with the other juniors, and if you guys gonna continue doing that, she never going to improve. So I see nothing wrong with what I've just said just now.” Binnie said, rolling her eyes.

"Aww," Hyojung reached out to pinch Binnie's cheek. "Our bunny is angry~" She cooed. Binnie brushed Hyojung's hand away and called out for the next person again.

"I said, next!" Binnie raised her voice a little as she started to get annoyed when no one coming out.

"Who are you calling? Yewon was the last one." YooA said as she bit her lip, trying not to laugh.

Binnie expression changed as she felt a little embarrassed. While the others stifled their laughter, Hyojung couldn’t care less and just let out a loud laugh, "Aww, our bunny Binnie is cute as ever~" She teased.

"Stop calling me that." Binnie said as she tried to dodge Hyojung's hands from pinching her.

"Why? I thought you like it?~"

"No, not even one bit especially from you." All the other seniors started to laugh at the two of them, it was a common sight to see. Binnie and Hyojung were really close friends even though they're a year apart. Since Binnie joined the club as a freshman, Hyojung, who was a sophomore had always picked on the younger girl a lot because Hyojung just couldn't stand whenever Binnie's being all too serious.

In the midst of the teasing, suddenly, the stage curtain behind them swift apart as a ball came flying through and went above them. Hyojung bright smile vanished and slowly her facial expression darkened while Binnie gasped as she watched the volleyball landed and bounced away on the stage floor.

Binnie could feel the rising tension and dark aura coming from Hyojung side and everyone knows it's never a good sign.  Hyojung was always all smile and lovely person until somebody messes with her club. And that someone is none other the captain of the volleyball team, Hyun Seunghee.

Hyojung sighed and stood up, she then made her way to the corner of the stage where the ball was and picked it up. "I don't want to do this but they leave me no choice."

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------

<3