Chapter 0; Beautiful nightmare

Red Lines

 

Back to the Past

 

White walls, white tile floors, and like a white sheet of paper, a blank white state of mind. Jungkook sits in the stiff hospital chair, his short legs alternating kicks back and forth as he waited for his father after yet another visit to the hospital. His life wasn’t always like this. If anything, it used to be much brighter, and much more colorful.

But alas, those beautiful times were slowly diminishing, leaving Jungkook more alone than ever.

The door slides open and Jungkook gets up out of his seat automatically. His body heading back towards the hospital exit without a second thought before he was called back by his father.

 

“Jungkook, your mom wants to see you again.” Jungkook’s father says softly, entering back into the room while Jungkook was left outside to follow.

It was supposed to be their usual routine: Go to the hospital to visit his mother, wait outside while his father talked to her alone, and then they’d leave and go home before repeating the process again the next day.

Today was different because he was being allowed to see her for a second time.

 

And that scared Jungkook.

 

Warily peeking into the room, he sees his mother on the hospital bed, her body relaxing back as the bed slowly reclined into an upright sitting position. Jungkook was alarmed now, especially since his mother was usually too weak to be sitting up, let alone be awake after all of her daily medications.

“Come here Jungkook-ah.” She calls, her voice weak and airy as she tries her best to make room for her son on the bed.

Jungkook’s father sits in a chair near the bed, watching as his son cautiously climbed into the bed. He gives a weak smile seeing his family all together, though his smile fades once Jungkook made it into the bed with a small leap. The bed shook a bit and Jungkook gives a meek grin, earning a small frown from his father.

“It’s alright honey,” Jungkook’s mother says, pulling Jungkook into a hug. “I’m fine.”

Jungkook still muttered a small apology. He knew he should’ve been more careful around his mother since she was so weak. Looking up at her, he would’ve gave her a wide grin if it weren’t for the amount of space he had on his side of the bed. The problem about this was that his mother also had a lot of space on her side of the bed as well.

Her body was just so skinny that she didn’t take up much space to begin with.

 

“So… What’s happening?” Jungkook says, already knowing something was up.

Jungkook’s mother looks down and gives her son a small smile, though he can see the pain in her eyes even before she speaks. “It’s nothing dear. I just missed you a lot and wanted to see you again before you left.”

Jungkook thinks about her answer for a bit before nodding his head a couple times, “I understand. I’m a pretty cool son after all.”

Eagerly looking up, he heard his mother’s weak, but beautiful laughter filling the air. It was one of the few things that he could never get tired of hearing. He missed it a lot too. Being in a hospital all the time made his mother feel sad a lot, and Jungkook always did his best to make her smile when he came to visit.

“If only he was that confident with his grades.” His father grumbles, earning another small fit of giggles from Jungkook’s mother.

They talk for another hour up until visiting hours are over, and then Jungkook and his father leave. They wave goodbye to Jungkook’s mother and she smiles, waving back until the door had closed before she lets out a fit of coughs. Her body is shaken up and it takes her a good ten minutes to calm herself down.

 

She was sick, but they only wished it was just a common cold. In their world, pheromone intoxication was a one in a million chance disease that Jungkook’s mother just so happened to have. It started off as body fatigue and slight headaches here and there, but after a month went by, she wasn’t able to go about her day without popping a migraine pill. The symptoms became worse the more time passed, thus being the reason why they’d taken a trip to the hospital where she was later diagnosed.

Jungkook’s mother was shocked, mortified even- but thinking back on her life, she didn’t regret diving into dangerous situations. She’d kept her husband’s group of friends together despite the amount of fighting they had as an all Alpha group. Not only that, but she used to help other people as well, some from practically killing one another while saving those that needed to be saved from the unfair system of Alpha, Beta, and Omega.

Her only regret was that she wouldn’t be able to see her son grow up. It brought tears to her eyes, but she kept them down each and every day her family came to visit her. Seeing Jungkook be identified as an Alpha made her more than happy, especially since it would almost guarantee him a much easier life with that sort of title. She also worried more about him abusing that title rather than the effect of his power on her already sick body.

Her son might’ve be young, but he still has Alpha pheromones. And the fact that he was young meant that he had no idea how to control his pheromones as well, meaning that Jungkook’s mother would have to endure feeling the crushing pain of Alpha pheromones every time he came to visit.

It was well worth it though, because she loved her family more than anything in the world. She wanted to spend as much time as she could with them.

 

Only a week passed before Jungkook had been pulled out of school midway through the day. He was excited because he got to leave that hell hole earlier than the rest of his classmates, but upon jumping into the car and seeing his father did his happy grin fade away in an instant.

“Dad? What’s wrong?” He asks nervously, though he already knows the answer after seeing them take a familiar cutoff onto the highway.

“It’s your mom...”

 

His father drove them to the hospital where they rushed up to his mother’s hospital room. Jungkook’s father was quick to go to his wife’s side, taking her hand and pressing a light kiss to her forehead before taking a seat. Jungkook on the other hand didn’t move, not taking a single step past the doorway.

His mother no longer had any cords attached to her. No IV drip, no blood bag- It was just her laying down on the bed with the blanket tucked under her.

“Is Jungkook there with you?” Her voice wheezed, barely understandable as her eyes remained glued to the ceiling.

Walking over to the bed, Jungkook sat next to his father and reached over to grab his mom’s other hand. Her eyes still remained unmoving, not even sparing him a simple blink that would’ve made everything a little better.

 

Jungkook knew that his mother could no longer see him. Or see anything anymore.

 

He’d known about what was happening to her, as his parents decided it was better to not keep anything a secret from him. Being just 10 years old, Jungkook fought the urge to cry every minute when he saw his mother. He didn’t cry though, not too much anyways; Jungkook inherited his mother’s stubbornness after all.

“I love you. Both of you-” His mother suddenly says, though her words were cut off with a violent fit of coughs that she couldn’t suppress any longer.

 

Rubbing her arm to try and soothe the pain, Jungkook could do nothing but hope that his mother’s coughs would subside. When they did, he finally spoke the words that he almost never said back to his parents.

“I love you too mom.”

Jungkook leans his head down on his mother’s hand, feeling her cold fingers press against his warm forehead. His face was hot as the tears streamed down his cheeks, but he kept his voice even, all while not letting even a single tear drop touch her. All three of them remained silent, enjoying what was their last moments together before Jungkook’s mother began to sit up.

Her body was extremely weak, so forcing herself to sit up almost made her start coughing again. Jungkook’s father ended up helping her, propping her back up with extra pillows as she whispered her thanks. She’d felt around for Jungkook first; Jungkook quickly brought his arms up to wipe away the tears, violently rubbing his eyes in hopes that she wouldn’t be able to tell he had been crying. Gently cupping his cheeks, she gave Jungkook a smile before kissing his forehead and pulling him in for a tight hug, or at least as tightly as she could squeeze. They stayed like that for a while, both Jungkook and his mother not willing to let go.

After Jungkook had broken away, his mother gave a sad smile in his direction before feeling around for Jungkook’s father. It wasn’t too difficult since he brought himself to her. He gave her a soft kiss on the lips before kissing her forehead like usual.

“Pretty girls shouldn’t have to be in pain.” He mutters, holding his wife in his arms as he silently cursed the illness she had.

“The pain was worth it.” Jungkook’s mother says softly, “For it brought me to you. And it brought us Jungkook.”

Jungkook’s father lets out a somber chuckle, laying Jungkook’s mother back onto the bed as slowly as he could so that she wouldn’t get hurt. The clock ticked on, and at 1:47 PM on October 14th, Jungkook’s mother was pronounced deceased.

 

And things were never the same.

 

--

 

“I’m fine dad.” Jungkook grumbles, “Can we just go home?”

Jungkook’s father sighs, ignoring his son’s request as he concentrated on the road. “I know that you’re an Alpha, but that doesn’t give you the right to start fights whenever you want.”

“They started it! Not me!” Jungkook argues.

He sees his father’s upset expression and slumps back into the seat. Covered from head to toe in scratches and cuts, Jungkook was the messy outcome of a scuffle at school earlier that day. Jungkook understood why his father had a hard time believing him, especially since he got into fights almost every week. He fought with Alphas, Betas, and even Omegas if they got on his case; Jungkook fought with anyone that gave him a reason to.

As he stared at the clock that read December 5th 3:47 PM, Jungkook felt almost betrayed that his father didn’t believe him this one time. The one time he actually needed his father to believe him, he couldn’t. It was also because he had a legitimate reason beyond his usual “they looked at me funny” excuse that he usually used.

 

--

 

Jungkook was eating alone at lunch as usual, pulling the lettuce and tomato out from his sandwich as the rest of the lunchroom continued to leave him be. He made it very clear that he didn’t want anyone to talk to him, or even look at them if they could help it. After he’d finished his lunch, he was on his way back to his classroom when he saw a bunch of guys surrounding a much smaller boy.

Getting a bit closer, Jungkook counted five boys. Four were hounding down the small boy in the middle, to which he assumed was the Omega by his frightened expression and tattered clothes.

 

“L-Let me go.” The Omega whimpered, earning another hair pull as one of the more aggressive boys yanked on the Omega’s black locks. “Why are you doing this to me?”

The one that yanked his hair just gives a naughty smirk, “It’s ‘cause we’re Alphas and we can. And you can’t do anythin’ about it, you dirty Omega.”

Jungkook was used to seeing the prejudice in society by now, especially after he’d taken a step back from the friends he used to hang out with. All of the happiness and sunshine was gone, leaving Alphas that were beginning to hang around one another and the Omegas as the usual targets of bullying. To hear such vulgar words was a new thing though, and it made him think about how terrible Omegas must be treated.

His mind drifts back to his dying mother on the hospital bed, putting her in that boy’s place as the rest of the boys continued to haze him. Jungkook let his mind wander as he thought about the horrible things that his mother probably had to live with as an Omega. One thing led to the next, and by the time the little Omega boy had run away, Jungkook had managed to punch two of the other boys in their faces.

 

“Alpha or not, those boys were still older than you.” Jungkook’s father sighs, “You’re supposed to have respect for your elders.”

“I hold no respect to those that can’t return it to others.” Jungkook hisses, his lip aching a bit after opening his mouth too wide.

With a split lip and a cut above his brow bone, the only thing Jungkook could show for himself was his own battered knuckles and his words promising that he wasn’t as badly injured as the other kids he’d laid his hands on. Still, his father insisted they went to the hospital because the intensity of Jungkook’s injuries were much greater and plentiful this time.

As they walked into the main part of the building, Jungkook sat himself down on one of the hospital couches near a window as his father went to go sign them in. Staring outside, the blankets of white snow that covered the ground made Jungkook experience a wave of nostalgia. He hated the color white, especially when all it reminded him of was hospitals, sadness and every other negative thing in the world.

Before he could get too lost in his little memory trip, he felt someone tap his shoulder. It brought him back to reality when he’d turned to feel something else poke at his cheek. In front of him stood a girl, much smaller than he was. With medium length black hair and rounded eyes, Jungkook would’ve mistaken her as any other girl on the street, but at the same time he couldn’t look away. The twinkle in her eyes captivated him, almost making him forget where he was and why he was in such a predicament in the first place.

“Why do you have ouchies all over you?” She asks, giggling a bit as Jungkook flinched.

Poking his cheek more, she stuck out her tongue before jumping back quickly. She’d barely missed Jungkook’s hand that had swung out to smack her, his face hard and angry that he had been disturbed. “It’s none of your business.”

Jungkook can feel beads of sweat forming on his forehead under his bangs. This girl was trouble; She didn’t look like she could bother him too much, but the fact that he was so interested in her bothered him, a lot.

Placing her hands on her hips, the girl gives him a small pout that Jungkook found almost cute. He would’ve been lost in his thoughts if it weren’t for her question that made him feel abnormally .

“But why does it look like you’re hurting inside a lot too?”

Jungkook stares at the girl, confused if he’d seen through his act or if she was just some weird kid. He wanted to believe the latter, but the concern in her eyes cracked the wall he’d put up for so long.

 

“Jiyoo!”

 

Jungkook watched as the girl turned to smile at an older couple that walked towards her. The man her hair fondly, a soft smile on his face. On the other hand, the woman showered her with praises despite her not doing anything in particular, all while throwing Jungkook a dirty look. He was used to that look since a lot of people in school looked at him like that; Teachers, students, you name it. Jungkook didn’t care about what they said about him and just ignored it all.

“Mommy? Can we get ice cream on the way home ‘cause it’s my birthday today?” The girl asks, her eyes twinkling as she smiled up at her parents.

“It’s ‘because’, not ‘cause’ sweetheart.” Her mother chides lightly, the strain in her voice being apparent despite the smile forced on her lips.

“Of course,” Her father agrees wholeheartedly, “Anything for our little princess.”

“Oh! There’s the nurse!” Jiyoo’s mother squeals, her high heels clicking against the marble as she leaves to go and talk to her.

It wasn’t difficult for Jungkook to figure out the little details. After all, it was normal for parents to bring their children to be screened on their 10th birthday. Finding out if you were an Alpha, Beta, or Omega was an important time in all children’s lives.

He remembers how happy his father was when they’d found out that Jungkook was an Alpha. His mother almost cried that day too, all three of them having Jungkook’s favorite food that night: Hot and fresh pizza.

Jungkook watched Jiyoo with jealous eyes, unknowingly glaring at her until she'd turned to look at him with a blank stare. They'd both looked at one another, and for a second, Jungkook almost thought that he saw a small, tired expression on her face. He'd blinked once and saw her smiling again, making him even more confused. He's never been so confused by a girl before. Most of the girls in his school were afraid of him, or thought that they could be his girlfriend if they conquered their fears to talk to him. He rejected the idea that he had an interest in her for that purpose.

 

In a cruel world like this, he could trust no one to have his back.

 

“Are you sure you're okay?” Jiyoo says again.

Jungkook just huffs and turns to ignore her, emitting a bit of his Alpha pheromones as he sulked. He didn't let out too much. It was just enough to make her pass out if anything.

“Daddy? Are you okay?”

Jiyoo rubs her father’s back as he slowly lowered himself down to the floor. His knee was used as leverage while he kept another hand on the couch next to them. Immediately after seeing the Jiyoo’s father crumble, Jungkook stopped releasing hormones. His eyes were frantic, worried that he’d actually hurt the man.

After watching Jiyoo and her father interact for a bit, he saw the smallest, but easily visible furious expression on Jiyoo’s father’s face. He’d shot Jungkook a glare before completely masking his annoyance to smile at his daughter, completely fooling her with his act.

It was that familiar scorn on every adult’s face that Jungkook has met so far. And after that, he wasn’t worried about whether or not he’d hurt the man.

“I’m fine princess.” Her father smiles, though his knuckles were still white from keeping himself up off the floor. “How about we sit while we wait for mommy?”

“Okay!”

With Jiyoo and her father sitting on the couch across from Jungkook, he couldn’t help but take glances at them. How he’d managed to appear so nice on the outside to a kid like Jiyoo was a feat on its own. Jungkook thought she was pretty annoying too, especially since all she did was ramble about random things during her day and smile like a creepy doll.

“Mommy is coming back!” Jiyoo cheers, “Now we can go home-”

 

Slack jawed and with the air into his lungs from his loud gasp, Jungkook watched as everything moved in slow motion. Jiyoo standing up to leave, her arm being tugged back-

And her face whipping to the side as her mother slapped her across her cheek.

 

“What are you doing?!” Jiyoo’s father cries out, trying to grab his wife’s arms as she continued to scratch at Jiyoo.

“Let go of me!” Jiyoo’s mother screamed, her voice echoing in the hospital. Passerbyers were stopping to stare at the commotion and Jungkook was one of them. Except he wasn’t watching the crazy woman screaming her lungs off, but instead the small girl that had fallen to the floor from the impact of the slap.

“B-But I didn’t do anything wrong...” Jiyoo stutters, her eyes glassy as she stares up at her mother.

“Dear, people are watching us.” Jiyoo’s father hissed under his breath, trying to keep a level headed expression on his face despite how many pairs of eyes were on them now.

Jiyoo’s mother scoffs before shoving her husband off her. She bent forward, her manicured fingernails digging into Jiyoo’s skin as she gripped her chin harshly.

“You were born. That’s what you did wrong.” Jiyoo’s mother tsks, “And you-”

She turns to look at Jiyoo’s father before spitting in his direction. “I held your child for nine months in my stomach and raised her for ten years only to find out that she’s an Omega?”

Jiyoo’s father is baffled by his wife, sitting on the couch as he just stares at her, as if she were speaking in another language. Seeing him freeze up, Jiyoo’s mother can only scoff.

“You’re a ing joke.”

Jiyoo’s face feels another searing slap as her mother slaps the same cheek yet again, “And to think you’d wasted my time like this.”

 

“So you’re saying our marriage was just a ing joke to you?” Jiyoo’s father finally says, his voice even as he finally manages to get back onto his feet.

He wasn’t the tallest of guys, but Jiyoo’s father still stood taller than her mother when he stood up straight. Jiyoo’s father also didn’t look like he was letting Jiyoo’s mother off for what she had just said either.

“You think you’re the only one that had a hard life? I had to pay for etiquette classes, growth medication and even diet pills for a child that hadn’t even hit puberty yet!” He yells angrily as he screams at Jiyoo’s mother.

“If you had just given me an Alpha, then this wouldn’t be happening!” Jiyoo’s mother screeches.

 

From Jungkook’s point of view, it looked like two monsters battling it out. It would’ve been more interesting to watch if it weren’t for the small child in the middle staring up at the two arguing. Jiyoo’s hair was disheveled and her cheek was beginning to swell now.

She looked like a trapped little mouse in his eyes.

 

“Don’t you dare put all the blame on me. You’re a Beta too!” Jiyoo’s father yells as he pushes Jiyoo’s mother back with his open palm. “It’s not just my fault that she came out an Omega!”

As they continued to argue, Jiyoo kept looking up at her parents arguing. Nothing around her was mattered except for her parents. Lifting a frail hand up, she tugs on her mother’s shirt to get her attention. Her mother looked down at Jiyoo with a small grimace, but Jiyoo was used to that.

She knew those aggravated faces much too well in the privacy of their home.

 

“I’m very s-sorry mother. I’ll do better in s-school and classes, I p-promise.” Jiyoo says with a shaky voice. Her stuttering made her mother’s face go from dangerous to explosive.

“I took you to those schools to improve your skills as an Alpha, not a disgraceful Omega.” Her mother sneers, “At least I came prepared for something like this.”

She took a step back and swatted Jiyoo’s hand away. Reaching into her purse, she yanked out a thick stack of papers before slapping them down onto the floor at Jiyoo’s father’s feet.

“What the hell is this?” He questions, clearly not pleased by the amount of paper sitting at his toes.

Crossing her arms, Jiyoo’s mother looks disinterestedly at the stack of papers before glaring at Jiyoo’s father in the eye. “Divorce papers.”

Glancing down at Jiyoo, she just gives Jiyoo a forced smile that she always used towards her daughter. Jiyoo didn’t know any better though; She thought that her mother’s smile meant that they were going to stop fighting and that everything was going to go back to normal.

 

“-And adoption papers. To which you need to sign both, dear.”

 

Jiyoo was in awe and watched silently as her father slowly picked up the stack of papers, pulling a pen out from his pocket and signing his life away. He didn’t look at Jiyoo, only focused on scripting his signature over the blank lines before shoving the papers back to Jiyoo’s mother.

“And to think I actually loved you.” He mutters, running his fingers through his messy hair.

“I loved your money, and your car if anything.” Jiyoo’s mother tests him with a wicked grin on her red lipsticked lips. “And what? You don’t love me anymore?”

Jiyoo’s father ignores his ex-wife to go down on his knees and pat Jiyoo on the head a bit. It wasn’t as loving as his usual caressing. If anything it felt a bit forced, like a half assed sympathetic goodbye. He stands up and turns around without looking at Jiyoo’s mother once.

 

“Yes, loved.” He calls out, “But I can’t fix a relationship that was never one in the first place.”

Passing through the sliding doors, Jiyoo opens slightly to call for her father. With wide eyes, she watched as her father turned to look at her one last time. He stood in the walkway and just watched her from afar, his face visible even after the doors had started to close since they were see-through glass panels.

Once the doors had shut though, he’d just turned around to leave with a remorseful expression plastered on his face. His figure slowly began to get smaller and smaller until he disappeared in the snowy weather.

 

Jungkook was shocked. To think he’d seen all of that happen within the course of 20 minutes was insane, but he saw it. All that was left was the small girl that was still sitting on the dirty hospital floor as her mother quickly scrawled her signature onto the divorce and adoption papers.

It was only after the woman had started walking out of the hospital that someone had dared to speak up.

 

“Ma’am! You can’t just leave your child like this!” The nurse exclaimed, panic clearly evident in her voice.

“Why not?” Jiyoo’s mother says, eyes burning at the challenge presented in front of her.

Before the fight could escalate, another older woman walked up to them and put a hand on her colleague's shoulder. “She’s right. Until the adoption is processed, you must provide some sort of support for your child.”

Stomping her heel into the ground, Jiyoo’s mother was furious now. She dug her hand into her purse until pulling out her wallet. From there, she’d turned around to look at Jiyoo before throwing a card on the floor to her.

“It’s your savings account that we’d made for your college tuition. Though, you won’t need it now that you’re an Omega.” She sneers, kicking the piece of plastic over the Jiyoo who just stares at it in silence.

“I’m sorry ma’am, but that’s not adequate-”

Jiyoo’s mother lets out a loud sigh, as if to further complain about her situation. “I don’t understand what the problem is. It’s not like other people don’t leave Omegas up for adoption anyways.”

Omegas. The woman hadn’t even used Jiyoo’s name and instead spoke as if she were some sort of animal. That struck something in Jungkook. He stood up and marched right up to Jiyoo’s mother, standing in between her and Jiyoo.

“Just leave then.” Jungkook growls. At first, he stood there empty minded, not understanding why he was standing up for some random girl that he’d just met today.

He chuckles inwardly, finding it funny how it was only Betas and Alphas that he’d gotten into bad fights with. It was never Omegas. Then it hit him.

 

Jungkook might’ve been an Alpha, but that didn’t mean he enjoyed living like an to those of lower ranks.

 

“Leave and never show your face around here anymore.” Jungkook says, louder this time.

He turns around and goes down on his knees as he sits in front of Jiyoo. By now she’d had the card that Jiyoo’s mother had thrown at her clasped tightly in her little hands, the sides pressing deep lines into her palms as she held onto it for dear life. It was as if she knew that the little piece of plastic was her only salvation to living.

“Hey…” Jungkook trails off, his eyes looking off to the side after Jiyoo had turned to look at him. “Your name is Jiyoo, right?”

Jiyoo nods her head once, but doesn’t speak. Instead she’s smiling in the way that Jungkook found creepy when he’d first seen her.

“I’m Jungkook and I’m an Omega too.” He whispers. Jungkook sees her fake smile slowly fade away and that gives him more confidence to speak louder. “You wanna be friends?”

The moment was very calm, anxious to watch even. But that peace was disturbed by a small scoff somewhere behind Jungkook. He’d turned around and saw Jiyoo’s mother still standing there.

“You can have her if you want kid. She’s an Omega anyways.” Jiyoo’s mother offers with a sick smile on her face.

 

“I told you to leave.”

 

Jungkook emits as much pheromones as he can towards Jiyoo’s mother and watches as her confident eyes turn wary, and then afraid. She knows now that he’s an Alpha because of his pheromones and hightails it out of the hospital. Jiyoo’s mother had still been affected though; After making it out of the hospital, she could be seen on her hands and knees as she threw up into the white snow.

Turning back to look at Jiyoo, she was back to smiling weirdly. Jungkook hates that smile of hers, and flicks her forehead. “Why are you still smiling?”

Jungkook saw the corner of Jiyoo’s lip twitch, but she still managed to smile.

“Santa is probably punishing me for being a bad girl.” She laughs, though her voice is empty and almost lifeless.

“Santa isn’t real, idiot.” Jungkook rolls his eyes, though seeing the panic in Jiyoo’s eyes only made him want to get closer to her.

Jungkook lets out a sigh and grabs Jiyoo by her shoulders. He pulls their chests together and wraps his arms around her torso, letting her face snuggle into his shoulder as he hugged her tightly.

“Pretty girls shouldn’t have to be in pain.” Jungkook mutters.

His hand came up to Jiyoo’s hair, unknowing of the tears that were leaving her eyes until she’d opened to let a small whimper out. From there, Jiyoo was a crying mess, her loud wails echoing through the entire hospital as Jungkook held her close. Jungkook was crying too, though not as hard as Jiyoo was. He could tell waterfalls were spewing out from her eyes by how damp his shirt felt, while his eyes were just dripping a few tears here and there. The two continued to cry for a bit before Jungkook had pulled away.

Jiyoo’s nose was red and had a bit of snot coming out of it, the sight making Jungkook laugh despite him being in the same situation. He wasn’t the only one laughing too, because after he’d started laughing, Jiyoo had followed. The two of them were laughing at one another between sniffles and rubbing the tears from each other’s eyes.

 

If anyone had seen them, they wouldn’t have known that the two had just met that day.

 

Jiyoo finally lets her stomach settle as her giggles had calmed down, looking at Jungkook who had looked much happier than earlier. She feels it too, but she’s never laughed that hard before in her entire life.

“Thanks Jungkook.” She says, closing her eyes as she just felt the need to voice her appreciation for her new friend.

When she’d opened her eyes, she was met with two pairs of legs. The hospital scene was gone and she was back in a place that she hadn’t seen for years.

 

She was in her old house.

 

“Damn it Jiyoo!” She heard her mother scream, “Why the hell are you so useless?!”

Jiyoo feels a lump swell in , blocking her airway and stopping her from getting air into her lungs. She can’t speak and feels her body starting to anxiously sweat all over.

“You can’t even get the highest grades in your Alpha studies class” Jiyoo’s father sighs, disappointment easily heard in his voice.

She heard glass being shattered somewhere in the darkness, but Jiyoo wasn’t able to look up and see what it was. Loud screams and yells filled the air, all mingling together and distorting to the point where Jiyoo didn’t know if it was her parents’ maniacal laughs or demons. Her eyes were tightly shut and she pulled her knees into her chest in hopes that curling up into a ball would make the madness end.

 

But that was only a portion of what was going on.

 

She felt hands yank at her hair and punch her arms and back repeatedly, the pain engulfing her entire being the more she tried to block the hits.

 

It was just like reliving her painful childhood before she’d been ranked as an Omega. The shouts, the glass tupperware being thrown around, along with the verbal and physical abuse. She hated everything about her past life and it suffocated her.

All she could do was cry for someone to come and save her. She was only a child at the time, but she still found herself saying a familiar name amidst the madness.

 

“Please, help me… Jungkook...”

 

 

A/N: This isn't an early update, but rather an extra one! It's kind of a side story as well, so I thought it would be good to do a double update this week :)

I'm excited to show you guys what's going to happen in chapter 5, especially since some of you are guessing the wrong answers HAHA

 

I have grad practice and I offically graduate on Monday hmmmm, so I should have extra time to do double updates over the summer. We'll see lol LATERS MA DUDES!!!