Chapter 35; Alpha's will

Red Lines
 
 

Suga didn’t hesitate to lock Jiyoo’s door before practically throwing her on her bed. As her back bounced against the bedding, she immediately sits up and places her hands on her lap, ready to push Suga away if he gets too close to her.

Instead of sitting on the bed with her, Suga tosses his bag down, pulling over a small chair and sitting directly in front of her. He doesn’t speak, only the sounds of Jungkook’s shouts being heard from outside.

Jiyoo couldn’t concentrate on Suga, her eyes flitting back and forth from the boy to the door. She internally debated on just unlocking it and settling everything, but the more she thought about Jungkook, the more sick she felt. Her best friend had just called her a ‘’ and his new mate was there to confirm it.

 

“Ignore him.” Suga grunts, taking off his jacket and tossing it to the ground.

For someone who didn’t live here, Suga made himself right at home. He went to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water, taking a sip and offering the rest to her, to which she took gratefully. She’d managed to smile, cry and get kissed all within the span of ten minutes; Jiyoo was beyond parched.

She took her time drinking the water, watching as Suga sat on the chair patiently for her to finish. She sets the glass down and squirms in her spot on the bed.

“Why did you do it?” Jiyoo finally lets out.

“Do what?” Suga responds, his expression steady.

Jiyoo holds back the urge to cry, instead biting back her irritation from his less than desired answer. “Why did you step in?”

“Because everyone was being annoying.”

Suga slides off the chair to sit on the floor, his back up against her table as he hunches over. He still looked comfortable, though Jiyoo couldn’t understand the conflicted look on his face.

 

“I didn’t do it for you.” Suga grumbles, ruffling his own hair.

Jiyoo can’t help but roll her eyes. Doing whatever he wanted was definitely a trait Suga had. It could explain why he stepped in and royally pissed off Jungkook all while kissing her without her consent. Thinking about the kiss again, Jiyoo pulls her blanket up over her legs and lets her chin rest atop her knees.The warmth and security she felt when Suga kissed her almost erased the uncertainty she held for weeks now; the fact that a kiss could stop her from thinking was relieving, but also made her stomach churn.

“Do… Do you think I’m really a ?” Jiyoo manages to let out.

Suga scoffs, looking up at her with an eyebrow raised. “You’re worried about what that had to say?”

“Yeah- I mean, no…”

Jiyoo couldn’t stop the shakiness in her voice. She could handle it when Jooyeon made fun of her at school and even managed to get through Jungah’s brutally honest opinions. When it came to Jungkook however, she was unsure.

 

Jungkook was always a bit mean, even to her sometimes. When they were friends, she would get upset whenever he’d for her height or how she cowered in fear of other Alphas, but she could never stay mad at him. Now whenever he did that however, it felt as though he was directly attacking her insecurities; they didn’t talk anymore, so she could only guess that he genuinely thought she was a burden for not being able to stand up for herself without the help of others.

 

“He’s just jealous.”

Jiyoo’s head snaps up, not believing the words she was hearing. “Jealous? Of what?”

Suga gives her a look as if to say ‘you really don’t know?’. Before he could say anything more, Jiyoo interrupts him.

“If he was jealous, he’d still be talking to me like how he used to. He wouldn’t be all over Jungah like, like some dog.” Jiyoo hisses.

She feels the tears of frustration pooling in her eyes and she furiously wipes them away, not wanting to cry again.

“It’s because he’s stupid.” Suga picks up the empty cup on the table and goes back to the kitchen to fill more water. “You notice the pheromones Jungah lets out right?”

Jiyoo slowly nods her head. She wasn’t actually aware of Jungah’s pheromones, mostly because the only ones she felt from Alphas were painful ones. Jungah might’ve been mean to her, but she never made her physically feel sick like what Jooyeon did.

“Instead of using her pheromones to make people uncomfortable, she uses them to allure them to her, like a sly fox.” Suga answers.

He walks over to Jiyoo and hands her the cup of water, sitting up against the wall as he scoots onto her bed. Jiyoo ignores how he was letting himself get comfortable and takes small sips of the water.

 

“It worked on you though.” Jiyoo mumbles, taking another sip of her water.

Suga shrugs, “she said she had a recording studio and I was curious.”

They sit in silence again. By the time Jiyoo finished drinking her water, the noise from outside was gone. She peeks through the blinds to see nobody outside her doorstep, letting out a sigh of relief.

“Jungkook wasn’t jealous. He already forgot about me.”

 

Suga turns to look at Jiyoo, making sure she saw the way he rolled his eyes before taking the cup from her hands and going to fill it up with more water. It was clear that Suga didn’t think the same way Jiyoo did, but he didn’t have to be so mean about it. Jiyoo scoots back on her bed, mimicking the way Suga sat. When he returned, they both sat with their backs against the wall.

“If he forgot about you, he wouldn’t have gotten so upset out there.” Suga hums.

As much as Jiyoo wanted to disagree, she didn’t understand why Jungkook was so upset earlier. Suga’s words made sense that if he had truly forgotten about her, then Jungkook wouldn’t have been so mad seeing her interact with Yugyeom.

“Whenever you aren’t around, he just complains about how you ‘don’t give Jungah a chance’ and-”

“I don’t stand a chance against an Alpha, so there’s no point!” Jiyoo raises her voice.

 

She doesn’t want to hear about Jungah anymore. Jiyoo just wanted everything to go back to how they used to be, but she knew that thinking that way would just be her delusioning herself. Since her cup was empty, she moved towards the edge of the bed to go and get more water when Suga stopped her. He plucked the cup from her hands and flung it onto the table, using the other hand to push Jiyoo down into the bed as he hovered over her small frame.

Jiyoo struggled to push Suga off of her, but he was much stronger than she was. He only needed one hand to bind her hands above her head, using the other hand to grab at the collar of her shirt before bringing his face down closer to her.

“Stop saying that.” Suga sighs, visibly irritated.

He drops his head forward, his forehead hitting her own. It wasn’t hard enough for her to feel a lot of pain, but rather caused her to go silent, only looking at him. Pulling back, Suga looks at Jiyoo’s tear stricken expression.

“But it’s true. Everything that Jungah says is true.” Jiyoo sniffs, “nobody wants an Omega like me.”

Jiyoo feels Suga’s hold on her shirt tighten. He tugs at the cloth and Jiyoo feels like it would tear if he pulled it any harder.

 

“Since you’re so worried that no one wants you, I’ll claim you as mine. Forever.”

 

Jiyoo’s eyes widened, but she couldn’t do anything in the position she was in. She was just an Omega against an Alpha. Shutting her eyes tightly, she feels the collar of her shirt get yanked down further as something soft pressed against her neck. She couldn’t describe the feeling before the pain had come, sharp prickles dancing across her skin.

Suga pulls away and plops down next to Jiyoo on the bed. He doesn’t hold her down like before, instead just laying next to her as he stares at her neck. Jiyoo touches the spot on her neck and feels as if there were a small bruise.

“Did you just give me a hickey?” Jiyoo asks unsurely.

As scary as Suga was sometimes, she didn’t feel the overbearing urge to push him away. All of her energy was sapped and she was reduced to a tired mess.

“It’s my mark.” Suga nods his head.

Jiyoo sighs, but doesn’t argue. Instead, she does something that she’s never done with Suga before. Since Jungkook thinks she’s a , she might as well just do whatever she wanted at this point. She slides forward, her arms pressing against Suga’s chest as she snuggles closer to him. Suga doesn’t hesitate to put an arm around her, though he does nothing more than pat her back.

 

“Do you even like me?” Jiyoo asks.

She would be surprised if he said yes and wasn’t anxious if his answer was no either. Suga was never the nicest to her, though he didn’t treat her badly, most of the time helping her, just in a very rough way. Jiyoo thinks back on the first time she met him and how Namjoon went to introduce him, only for him to say his name was Suga. The others looked at him weird and Suga made it clear that wasn’t his real name, though he didn't do anything else about it. Even as they laid together like this, Jiyoo and Suga had this distance between them that she didn’t have with the other boys.

“I don’t hate you.” He hums, removing his arm from around her and fixing some loose strands of hair behind her ear and out of her face.

“Why didn’t you tell me your real name?” Jiyoo asks curiously.

She feels Suga stiffen, but he doesn’t push her away. Instead he does the opposite, pulling her closer and letting her burrow her face into his chest as he lets his chin rest on her head.

“I threw away my old name with my old life.” He mutters, “Min Yoongi might’ve been an Alpha, but he was weak in front of his father.”

Yoongi. Jiyoo feels the wall between her and Suga crack a bit, allowing her to feel closer to the latter. She hesitantly snakes her hand around his waist and hugs him, waiting for him to push her away. When he doesn’t, Jiyoo sighs out in relief.

“I don’t think you’re a bad person. Or a bad Alpha.” Jiyoo says softly, feeling Suga’s tense shoulders loosen up.

“I didn’t like how I thought that I was hot just because I was an Alpha, but that’s how I was raised. It’s like a reflex.” He grumbles, snuggling closer to Jiyoo.

She wanted to say how cute it was that he was cuddling her like a child, but opts to stay quiet. Jiyoo never heard Suga talk this much and wasn’t going to stop him now.

“When I saw you and Jungkook, I was confused. You two were different from everyone else and if we didn’t find out that Jungkook was an Alpha beforehand, I would’ve guessed you both were Omegas.” Suga lets out honestly. “I was the Alpha that only thought other Alphas were worthy. I’ve never considered other people’s feelings before, so knowing that I acted the way I acted was just…”

Jiyoo pieces some of his words together and thought that Suga probably resented his father for his Alpha tendencies, but the more he talked, the more she noticed that Suga’s guilt stricken face said otherwise. It looked as though he resented himself more than anything.

“So you hated us because we were a bit… Different?” Jiyoo asks unsurely.

 

“I never hated you.”

Jiyoo pulls back to look at Suga’s face, not really sure what to expect. His eyes were soft, much like how he looked at her before the kiss. “You didn’t?”

“No.” Suga shakes his head, “if anything I was just annoyed, probably.”

“How so?”

“Seeing you and Jungkook so close made me feel jealous.” Suga admits, “I’ve never had a relationship that close to someone before.”

“Well look how that turned out.” Jiyoo chuckles bitterly.

 

“You and me are pretty similar, you know.” Suga says softly, unconsciously playing with Jiyoo’s hair.

“We both like similar music, kind of.” Jiyoo nods.

“And we both dislike getting into problems.” Suga adds.

Thinking about all of the things happening recently made the two sigh in unison. They looked at eachother and for a moment remained silent before laughing. Jiyoo giggles, her tears finally dried out as Suga chuckled, a soft smile splayed on his lips. Her eyes lock onto Suga’s lips and she quickly looks away. Suga didn’t miss it though, his smile growing.

“What? Don’t tell me you actually liked the kiss?” He teases.

Jiyoo tries to turn over to avoid looking Suga in the eye, but his arm prevents her from moving. She huffs, “and if I did?”

“At least you’re honest.”

They both laugh again, the atmosphere lightening up.

 

“The kiss was… Strange.” Jiyoo admits, not able to look Suga in the eye. “It made me feel all fuzzy inside.”

Jiyoo doesn’t miss the way Suga stiffens up. She glances up at his face to see him looking guilty, avoiding her eye contact.

“Did you not like it?” Jiyoo asks, confused by his reaction. “If you hated it, why did you do it in the first place?”

“I had to use my pheromones on you.” Suga says softly.

Jiyoo didn’t understand what he meant by that. “Yes?”

Suga sighs. “Last time I did that, you passed out.”

Jiyoo has vague memories of Suga using his pheromones on her, though she doesn’t say anything, letting him talk instead.

“I wasn’t trying to make you pass out. I was just trying to calm you down like what Namjoon did, I swear.”

Jiyoo didn’t realize how guilty Suga was and held him tighter, letting him release his stress while he could. It wasn’t everyday that she heard Suga let himself be vulnerable. It was the least she could do for him since he’s saved her many times in the past.

“I wasn’t scared though.” Jiyoo whispers, “I’ve never felt anything like that before, not even with Jungkook.”

 

Suga’s eyes widened in response. He shouldn’t have been as surprised as he was since he figured Jiyoo and Jungkook’s relationship was purely one of friendship.

Jiyoo tries to figure out how to explain how she felt, “it was as if I was in a cloud, but everything was tingly, like a warm blanket.”

Another silence fell over the two, but like before, it wasn’t uncomfortable. It was as if they were just enjoying each other's presence, the two being pressed together in a little snuggle fest.

 

“You could learn to breathe through your nose next time.” Suga’s laugh broke the silence, causing Jiyoo to laugh as well.

“Who said there would be another one?” Jiyoo replies just as teasingly.

 

They laid together on the bed, enjoying each other’s company until the sun had begun to set. Suga’s phone was vibrating nonstop, messages from the others blowing up his phone.

“Jungkook looked pretty mad at you.” Jiyoo says cautiously, watching Suga’s reaction to her words.

Suga merely shrugs, sitting up and going to grab his belongings. “He can’t say anything if he wants to keep acting like that.”

Pulling his jacket back on, Suga reaches into his backpack and pulls out a bag of chips and a small chocolate bar, tossing it onto Jiyoo’s bed. “I know you don’t eat, so that better be gone by tomorrow.”

Jiyoo gives him a small salute, causing Suga to ruffle her hair.

“I’m serious.”

 

Suga pulls her into a hug and presses his cheek to her head. “You want to be independent, but you’re rushing it too much.”

“At least I’m trying.” Jiyoo whines, muffled by Suga’s chest.

“You are.” Suga hums, pulling away and looking down at her. “Don’t worry about what Jungkook said. You have me, Jimin and Taehyung.”

“And Yugyeom?”

 

Suga rolls his eyes and flicks her forehead. “Anyone can tell that you don’t like him.”

Jiyoo feels guilty, but doesn’t disagree. That was a problem to think about another time. She pulls Suga in for one last hug before he leaves. He made sure to ask her for her phone number, though he was rather quick at inputting the numbers before calling her phone to give her his own phone number.

“Call me if you need anything.”

Suga pauses at the doorway, as if he were debating on leaving or not. Jiyoo looks at him and tilts her head, “forgetting something?”

Suga groans, “aish, whatever.”

He pulls her head forward and presses a chaste kiss to her forehead before walking off without another word. Jiyoo’s hand immediately went to touch the place that he kissed, watching his retreating figure slink off towards Jungkook’s house.

 

Suga always thought the others looked particularily stupid always trying to get Jiyoo’s attention like a bunch of lovesick puppies. Until Jiyoo realized that she was more than just an Omega, he justified doing whatever he wanted as long as she wasn’t uncomfortable with it.

Thinking back on their conversation, Suga smiles unknowingly. He took pride in the fact that Jiyoo didn’t hate the kiss, walking right past Jungkook’s house and straight back to his own home.

 

As if he was going to ruin his night by going to deal with a bunch of brats. He knew Jungkook wasn’t the only one that was upset with him for kissing Jiyoo like that, but the scene of her admitting that she liked the kiss kept replaying in his head. Suga was notorious for doing whatever he wanted, so he was going to stick to that mindset whether anyone else liked it or not.

Even if that meant facing his own insecurities and changing himself.

 
 
--
 
A/N: I'm running out of drive to write the story aaaaaaa that and I'm ing tired all the timeeeeee
I've been sleeping at 7 am and waking up at 10 am for lectures, sleeping in after classes are done and then waking up at like 6 pm
 
Do not do what I am doing. It's def not worth the sleep fatigue zzz