Chapter 23: Press Conference

Forcible Wedlock

 

A lot of camera flashes, tons of reporters and his ears are now full of noise pollution coming from the mouth of every reporter. He’s nervous and to tell the truth he really don’t know what to say to this press conference, it’s hard for him to do this but he’s doing it for Chaerin. He walked to the platform and sat on the only chair that’s in front of a lot of reporters. He can hear many voices, he can see the expression in the face of the reporters as if he’s something to eat, and they’re hungry for what seems to be his intention to this press conference.

Jiyong: “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kwon Jiyong.” He bowed in front of them but he can hear a lot of rage from the reporters.

Reporter 1: “Where’s your wife?”

Reporter 2: “Why is it Chaerin is not here?”

Reporter 3: “Is she with Jay now?”

Reporter 4: “Are you going to reveal that she’s really cheating on you?”

Reporter 5: “Kwon Jiyong-sshi, don’t you ever tell a lie, it’s obvious that they have something going on between them”

Reporter 6: “Are your marriage is now turning into sour? People haven’t seen you two together for a very long time, there are no sweetness, no publicity and no interaction, are you two really in love or is it just a shotgun marriage because of the scandal happened two years ago?”

His manager is trying to tell all the reporters to calm down, Jiyong is feeling really nervous, one word wrong from his mouth and Chaerin’s career can shatter into pieces. Jiyong calmed himself as he started to speak up.

Jiyong: “First of all, I’m very sorry about the news coming out. I’ll tell you all the truth and I’m willing to answer all your questions.” He paused for a while, he knew that Chaerin is watching this press conference live from the television their house, he told her not to watch because she might breakdown hearing all of these harsh questions from the reporters and he knows that he’s not there with her to support her.

Jiyong: “The news about Chaerin and Jay Park is really not true, I can assure you all that they are just mere friends. They went out a couple of times because they got close during the music video filming. I was there, truthfully speaking I’m really not into their friendship and Chaerin knows that, I get jealous easily but I trust her, I know she will not cheat on me.”

Reporter: “Then, why isn’t she here? She should clear this up by herself”

Jiyong: “I’m the one who told her and YG Sajangnim that I’ll be the one to face all of you, Chaerin is very fragile, you all knew her as a fierce leader of their group but she’s still a woman and she can breakdown easily and that can cause a lot of misinterpretation from all of you.”

Reporter: “Then why can’t we see interactions between the two of you? If there’s an awards night or any event that both of you will participate, it’s either one of you will not attend or you’ll both arrive not with each other”

Jiyong: “We keep our marriage low key, we’re still new in our marriage and both of us are really busy with our own groups, it’s either we just hang out in our house and have a meal or we mostly go to YG building and hang out with our friends together. If all of you don’t see us together in any events it’s all coincidence and our schedule is made by the staff of YG so we don’t have anything about it. If we attend events which both of us are there, we promote with our individual groups and we’re not there to promote our marriage. We just like a peaceful life as married couple.”

Reporter: “Why did Jay choose your wife to be the lead for his music video? Are you okay with it? The reporters all know that Jay has a little crush on your wife, what can you say about that?”

Jiyong: “It is true that Jay has feelings for my wife… a crush I might say, at first I’m really not sure about it. He came to YG himself to request and have permission that he wants Chaerin to be the lead girl for his music video. Truthfully speaking, I’m against it but Chaerin said that it’s okay and she’s just doing her job. I think she just want people to see a different side of her. They originally would share a kiss, it’s in the script but I was there, I made sure that he won’t take advantage of my wife and I guess a kiss on the cheek is way better than to steal my wife’s lips”

The reporters laugh, it’s going on smoothly, he’s being calm now than before, his nervousness is slowly drifting away, he can predict that the reporters are now believing what he’s saying, but another reporter spoke.

Reporter: “Then what about Dara who’s in the same company as the both of you? The news is still not reliable but there’s an old photo of the both of you who looks like very attached to one another”

Jiyong was taken aback, he’s not ready for this, he thought that this press conference is only for him, Chaerin and Jay but who the hell this person captured pictures of him and Dara. This is not good, he needs to think fast and do the right thing.

On the other hand, Chaerin is watching everything from the television, her heart just melt from what Jiyong is saying to the reporters, she’s crying and her old feelings for him grows back again. She can feel that Jiyong is really protecting her, she knows she really need to move on since he still not breaking their relationship with Dara but when she heard the last reporter said, her heart is starting to jump again. What will Jiyong say now?

Jiyong: “It is true that Dara and I were together before I got married to Chaerin” the reporters are now whispering to one another, it’s another revelation from him. He paused for a while and he knows that what he will say is true… true to his heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But I can assure you all that I love my wife, now and forever.”

***

Just making it up to you all for my long absence before :) is the chapter nice? I just woke up around 7am and went to my laptop immediately because another idea pops out my mind so I wrote as fast as I can. I just came up with this. I think I can make good chapters in the morning :D

please have time to write some comments, it makes me really happy. :)

Thank you, earthlings~!

*Prinsesa09 bows 90 degrees*