This Void You Left Behind

Fall For Me Again

“So you’re Tae-hyung’s stalker.”

Jiwoo jerked her gaze to her left with liquid soap on her hands. Somin, the company beauty and also apparently, Tae-hyung’s friend, was standing beside her.

“Excuse me?” Jiwoo asked, thinking she’d misheard.

Somin was putting on lipstick in front of the mirror and Jiwoo couldn’t help but feel small next to her, as beautiful as she was. When she was done, Somin capped her lipstick and turned to look at her.

“You’re Tae-hyung’s stalker,” she repeated.

“I’m… I’m not his stalker,” Jiwoo mumbled uncomfortably as she bent to put her hands under the faucet to wash her hands. “We just went to the same library back in high school.”

Somin lifted a brow. “Then why did he say you’re his stalker?”

“I don’t know,” she sighed. She hated answering this question and hated having to repeat this lie. “He must have assumed.”

“But you did confess to him.”

“And I’ll always regret it,” she grumbled.

Somin went silent. Jiwoo dried her hands with a paper towel and was about to leave the restroom when she heard Somin speak again.

“Are you still in love with him?”

She stopped in her tracks and furiously shook her head.

“Then why?”

Jiwoo looked at Somin over her shoulder. Somin had an unreadable expression on her beautiful face as she stared at her.

“Why does he want you to love him again?”


There were girls flocking around Tae-hyung as he waited for the librarian in front of her desk.

Jiwoo clenched her jaw as she stared at them over her book.

They weren’t even reading or borrowing any books. They were just talking around him and trying to get him to talk to them. His friend from the river was also with him, along with two others.

“I didn’t know you liked reading, Tae-hyung,” one of the girls said. “Do you come here often?”

Tae-hyung smiled politely at her. “No, I don’t. I only came to return the books my father borrowed.”

Wait. Did he just lie?

“Too bad,” another one said. “I would have loved to study here with you.”

His reply was another small smile, a smile Jiwoo would have loved to be the sole recipient. This just made Jiwoo irritated even more, that and the fact the girls were too noisy that she was unable to focus on reading. When they wandered around to check the library out, Tae-hyung turned to his male friends.

“You shouldn’t have brought them here,” he muttered darkly at them. “Now I have to stay away from the library for awhile to get them off my back.”

At once, her irritation disappeared. Jiwoo hid a delighted grin behind her book. Tae-hyung wasn’t interested in anyone of them after all.  

True to his word, He didn’t appear for a month.

She waited patiently for his return and read the books he had borrowed in the meantime.

When he came back, she felt like hugging him and welcoming him back.

Instead, she silently greeted him in her head and stared at his back while he read.


“I don’t know why,” Jiwoo answered Somin. “Maybe he’s just teasing me. Maybe he’s just a heartless jerk—”

“I met him in university,” Somin interrupted, her eyes polar icecaps as they rested on her. “And I’ve never seen any evidence that he is this heartless jerk you make him out to be. Even when we dated. Even after I broke things off with him. He’s one of the kindest men I’ve ever met.”

Jiwoo’s throat began to tighten and she dropped her gaze.

“And do you?”

She swallowed the lump in painfully. “Do I what?”

“Do you really not love him anymore?”

Jiwoo bit her lip.

“Because if you don’t, I’m taking him back.”

Her shocked gaze returned to Somin and from her continued arctic stare, Somin meant what she had said. Before Jiwoo could reply, Somin pushed past her and left the ladies’ room.


A/N:

Sorry for the late upload! I was out of town. Gome~~~ (-人-)

And hello to my new subscribers! Am I to think your K.A.R.D fans too? (*≧艸≦)