You're a Stranger to Me Now

Fall For Me Again

“Who are you?”

Woo-jin’s loud and surprised exclamation made Jiwoo swirl around in her swivel chair. Woo-jin was standing outside the door, his face slack and mouth slightly opened, staring at someone unseen in the hallway. When Jiwoo saw the object of Woo-jin’s shocked gaze enter the room, her pen slipped from her fingers.

Tae-hyung sighed as he ran his hand through his new haircut. “Don’t act stupid so early in the morning, Woo-jin,” he muttered. 

“B-but you cut your hair!” Woo-jin stammered as he pointed, following closely behind Tae-hyung. “And you shaved your beard! Even ironed your suit! And where are your glasses? Have you lost them again?”

Throughout Woo-jin’s barrage of questions, Tae-hyung’s eyes wandered around the office. When his eyes met hers, he grinned. 

It took all of Jiwoo to take her gaze off him. She bent to pick up her pen and took the time to compose herself because her thoughts were swimming, her mind overwhelmed with Tae-hyung’s devastating good looks and smile, and her heart was pounding quadruple time.

When she had straightened, Tae-hyung was in front of her.

“Have you finally fallen in love with me again?” he asked so cockily.

And her pen slipped from her fingers again.


Jiwoo peered from behind the shelf she was hiding. The boy she’d been crushing on for a week was in the library again. He was a frequent visitor, she noticed, coming to the library everyday after school ended. The librarian was talking to someone on the telephone and he was patiently waiting for her to finish because he was returning some books he’d borrowed.

Jiwoo waited until the boy finally managed to return the books to the librarian. She waited until the boy put them on their proper shelves himself when he saw how busy the librarian was. She waited until he was finished and had gone to his usual table in the library.

When it was clear and she deemed it safe, she silently went to the shelf she saw him put one of the books back in. Taking it out, she flipped to the back cover and pulled the library card out.

Tae-hyung Kim.

His name was Tae-hyung Kim.

She smiled, closed the book and let out a muffle squealed behind it.

Then she squared her shoulders, retrieved all the books he had borrowed from their shelves and went to the librarian to have them checked out.


Jiwoo picked up her pen, put it on her desk and scowled at the infuriating man in front of her.

“You wish. Sir”, she added as an afterthought.

Tae-hyung wasn’t offended by her obvious hostility and laughed out instead. Then he patted her head.

“Follow me, Jiwoo,” he instructed as he picked up some files from her desk. “I’ve got work for you to do.”

Finally!

Jiwoo instantly rose to her feet and gathered a notepad and pen from her desk.

He was finally acting like the boss he was supposed to be.

“And by the time you’re done, I hope you’ve fallen in love with me again.”

She almost groaned out loud.

There was no way, no way that she’d fall in love with him again.


A/N:

Thank you for reading and subscribing! (/ε\*)