I've Heard This All

Fall For Me Again

“You sure are an enthusiastic eater, Jiwoo.”

Jiwoo didn’t answer. She was trying to finish her lunch and get out of the cafeteria as fast as possible. And it was almost dang near impossible to swallow and continue eating like nothing was wrong because she was aware of a lot of things at once.

Everyone’s eyes were on her.

Including Somin’s arctic glower.

Woo-jin’s quizzical look.

And Tae-hyung’s piercing stare.

They were all making her uncomfortable and nervous and it was hard to stay dignified and serene. She blamed Tae-hyung. She blamed him for cornering, enchanting and persuading her. He didn’t even trust her to fulfill her promise, the man actually lurked around her desk as the lunch hour drew near, and she hated how she ultimately got swayed.

“And now I know why you’re so beautiful,” Tae-hyung added. “You eat a lot of vegetables.”

Jiwoo almost choked.

He was too shameless.

“Water?” Tae-hyung drawled, leaning forward and pushing the bottle her way.

She grabbed the bottle. After gulping down water, she put down the bottle and told him irritably, “You’re not eating.”

“I think I’m full from watching you eat.”

“And aren’t you allergic to pineapple?” she commented as she frowned at the pineapple chunks in his juice.

She immediately wished she’d kept shut when she saw a smile light up his face.


“Why’d you bring me pineapple juice?”

Jiwoo was walking her dog in the park at night when she heard that all so familiar voice. Her eyes widened and she whipped her gaze to the side. Tae-hyung was sitting on a bench. He was glaring at his friend who was holding out a can of pineapple.

She didn’t know why she hid behind the tree. Maybe it was because she was used of hiding from him. Her dog, a cute Pomeranian, started barking impatiently at her and she hushed it. Then she continued to eavesdrop.

“Oh, yeah,” his friend said with dawning realization. “You’re allergic.”

“Wow, how many years have we been best friends?”

His friend scowled. “Shut up. Here. Have my drink instead.”

“But I don’t like strawberry.”

“Why don’t you just drink pond water instead?”

“Why don’t I finally stop helping the student council after class instead? Didn’t you say you only need me for a month? Why are you still making me stay behind?”

“Fine, fine,” his friend grumbled. “I’m getting you another drink.”

Allergic to pineapple. Dislikes strawberries.

Jiwoo happily filed away this new information in her Tae-hyung mind cabinet. And now she knew the reason why he wasn’t going to the library much these days and why he hadn’t gone last month. He was helping his friend. 

Her dog tugged on the leash, growling, and with a sigh, she gave Tae-hyung one last look before she left.


“How’d you know that?” Tae-hyung asked.

Jiwoo stabbed a piece of carrot and slid her gaze away. “I-I heard someone say it in the office.”

“Sure you did.”

“I did.”

“Do you know that when you lie your ears turn red?”

Jiwoo whipped her gaze back to him. Tae-hyung was smiling down at her fondly and her chest tightened at the sight.

“You know,” he said quietly, picking up his chopsticks. “I really wished you’d fall in love with me again.”

Well, I don’t, she thought, features tautened. Tae-hyung dipped his head down and finally started eating his food.

I don’t want to fall in love with you again.


A/N:

Hoooooly mother of bacon, did you guys see the keypoint of Rumor? Uuuurggggh I can't wait for it to come out tomorrow!