A new day

Co-eds

 

“Yoooooooooo, Good morning mates!” Jiwoo said loudly as she entered the practice room, a big smile printed on her face.

“Good morning oppas!” Somin smiled.

“Good morning” J.seph replied, flashing a smile towards the girls.

“ ‘Morning” Matthew murmured quietly and slowly turned around, revealing two dark eyebags under his eyes. For him, it wasn’t a good morning. He felt tired and sleepy because of the sleepless night he had.

“Seems like someone didn’t have a good sleep yesterday” Jiwoo chuckled, her eyes gazing at Bm.

“Tch” He let out.

“Oppa, are you okay?” Somin tilted her head, looking at the gloomy guy.

“Yeah, I’m okay. Just feeling a bit tired today.” He said. His eyes looking around as he got up. To be honest he wasn’t okay, he could still hear Jiwoo’s words resounding in his head. But for that day’s sake he preferred to ignore it.

“But, nevermind. Let’s practice now, fam” he concluded. And so their day started.

 


 

They had been practicing without any pause for almost four hours now. It was almost noon and starvation and exhaustion were taking their toll on the members.

“Stop, stop, stop please. I cannot take it anymore, I am too tired!” Somin sighed once as she collapsed on the floor.

J.seph sat down beside her. “Let’s take a break, we’ve worked hard, we deserve it!” He nodded, out of breath.

“Yeah Fam!” Bm exclaimed exhausted, wiping away the beads of sweat on his forehead.

“I approve!” Jiwoo added and put the hands down on her knees in order to rest.

“My stomach is growling! We should grab something delicious to eat or else I will faint!” Somin whined cutely, rubbing her stomach.

Her friends chuckled at the sudden burst of cuteness but they couldn’t agree more with her idea. They were all dying of hunger and wanted to enjoy a good meal to recover strength.

After a long quarter of an hour spent to discuss in order to decide what to eat, they finally reached an agreement.

Ddukbokki. Hot and spicy ddukbokki. As they thought about it they could already feel the tasty flavour in their mouth.

“Now that it is decided, let’s go!” Jiwoo exclaimed as she headed out of the building with her squad.

“Taehyung oppa” Jiwoo poked J.seph. “We could go in that place, the one near the station, on the corner of the street! It’s the best to eat ddukbokki!” j.seph grinned at her. Then, they began to walk together towards the common destination.

Behind, Matthew and Somin followed them, surrounded by an awkward silence. “So…….oppa, what’s wrong today?” Somin questioned.

“Today?” Bm asked.

“Yes, today!” Somin nodded with her head.

“Hm, Nothing. Why should there be something wrong?” He raised an eyebrow at her.

“Oppa.” She said in a serious tone. “I know you too well. You can’t lie to me. You’re not your usual self since this morning, plus, I’m one hundred percent sure that there is something wrong so you better tell me or I swear I’ll nag at you all the day long.”

“Nag. At. Me?” Matthew shuddered at the thought.

Somin nodded twice, smirking. “Yes, yes. AAAAAll the day long.”

“Okay, okay. You win.” He blurted out. “The thought of Jiwoo disliking me at the beginning is bothering me. I mean no one has ever disliked me. No one. My reputation is ruined.”

Somin then burst in a loud laugh, so loud that J.seph and Jiwoo had to turn around to check what was happening with her.

“Somin unnie?” Jiwoo tilted her head surprised to see her laugh that loud.

Somin shook her head and gestured that all was okay. Then when J.seph and Jiwoo turned back she looked at Bm and gave him a tap on his shoulder. “Oppa, you’re funny.”

“What?” He asked in english.

“Jiwoo was just joking yesterday. We could say she did that because of you being too sincere during the interview. You know, I think she felt a bit hurt by your and J.seph words about the co-ed so she said those things on purpose” Somin smiled, now patting Bm’s shoulder. “You don’t have to worry about it and about your reputation either” she chuckled.

“You’re awesome oppa.” She smiled softly.

“I really needed to vent it out. Thanks. Thanks to you Sominnie my day has become better and I am no longer worried about it” Matthew returned the smile and patted her head once, before reaching the other two in the front and grabbing their neck playfully.

"YAH OPPA!" Jiwoo hit him. "You're strangling me!" Bm laughed and loosened up the grab on the blondie's neck while J.seph chortled happily.

Meanwhile, at his gentle touch, Somin blushed visibly. Then after having subsided, she ran ahead and joined her members, grabbing Jiwoo's arm. 

 

"Man, I love my team" Matthew's mouth curved up forming a smile as they entered into the restaurant.