The big baby

Co-eds

 

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

SIX A.M. Matthew peeked at the alarm that just went off thinking that it was too early for a human being who went to sleep at 2 a.m. to wake up. His bed was just too comfortable. His sheets were just too cozy to be left alone. And.. ahh, that warm feeling surrounding him.. brought back memories of when he was still in his hometown, LA, with his family. When his mom woke him up, saying it was almost midday and that he slept way too much. When she prepared him his favourite breakfast and when she pampered him even though he was a grown-up boy, because after all, he was still her baby. Her big baby. He missed them so much. He, then, thought that he wanted to stay and sleep for, at least, a bit more, but he knew he had to wake up because another day was about to start.

It took ten minutes for him to get fully awake before finally getting up and ready. He chose comfy clothes. He put on a pair of blue jeans and a loose black t-shirt with a white print on the back. He then opened the door and entered the little kitchen where he saw J.seph eating some white rice for breakfast.

“’Morning mate! Matthew greeted as he sat down in front of his friend, he then yawned.

Good morning J.seph let out, his mouth still full of food. Why are you up so early? Usually you like to sleep on your free days.

Yeah, I know? But today I felt like I wanted to practice a bit more for our next song. I am feeling like I am still unready on some moves yknow. Plus today is my work-out day!

Ah, really? Well, as expected from you bro. J.seph drank some of his green tea.

Matthew looked at him, while he brought a spoon full of rice in his mouth. How about you? Why are you up earlier than usual?

J.seph blinked twice. I have some stuffs to do this morning and I promised my nephews I would go to with them to the park. I also wanted to train a bit, so.. maybe Ill join you later!

Matthew nodded twice, drinking a glass of water and getting up afterwards. Sure! Anyway, have a good day bro! Catch ya later!

J.seph waved and so Matthew left.

 


 

Arrived at DSP building, he entered it. He took the elevator and went up to the 2nd floor; Here, he began to walk down the long and dark hallway that leaded to the main room. Matthew noticed that at that hour there werent many people working. Everything seemed to be oddly silent and calm. He didnt dislike it; Actually, he thought that he could concentrate and work more with that kind of atmosphere. He smiled and then, entered the practice room A. He turned the lights on and begun to dance.

Dont look at me like that

Dont push me away no more

I gave you all my love love

All of my love love

Never want to let you go

 

Matthew had been practicing his part and the song in general for hours, however, he still wasnt fully satisfied with the result. He trained for five years and now that he was in K.A.R.D, it was his chance to show everyone what he was capable of. He wanted to show all of his potential and give everyone great performances. He wanted to give the best to his beloved fans. So, he decided that he would work harder.

 

10.42 A.M.

He checked the hour on his phone as he sat down on the wooden floor of the practice room. He was a bit exhausted and thought he needed a little pause, so, he began to check out various accounts on Instagram commenting here and there, and liking some pictures. He was so focused that he didnt even notice that someone, who had previously entered the practice room, was now walking silently towards his back. It took just a few seconds for this person to squat behind his back, just a few inches away from him.

Momo is such a pretty girl. A voice pointed out to him.

He gasped loudly as he widened his eyes and almost jumped up for the sudden comment of that familiar voice.

Oh ma Gawd He uttered from his mouth.

He knew who was the owner of that husky voice. J-J-J-J-Jiwoo! he surprisingly managed to say.

Yes? She blinked a few times as if she was the most innocent girl on the whole earth, laughing some as she saw his face getting pale.

Huh? Is there something wrong with you? It seems like you just saw a ghost. She tilted her head.

He shook his head.

What is she doing here?

He thought.

Im here because I thought it would be good idea to practice some more for our upcoming song. Then, while I was passing by, I heard our song coming out from this room and I saw you, so I entered. She grinned cheekily.

Matthew widened his eyes.

Does she read my mind now? What the-

She poked his forehead. Hey, is anyone there? Earth to Bm!

He shook his head again trying to recompose himself. Oh, ah yeah.

She smiled again. Are you sure that an asteroid didnt hit you this morning?”

Nah! What are you saying! Tch. He couldnt help but feel a bit insulted by her question.

Im joking mate, Im joking. She chuckled.

He smiled at her once, rolling his eyes at her not so good sense of humour then, changing topic, he blurted out. What kind of well-mannered girl are you? Entering the room without even knocking the door!

She raised an eyebrow and attacked. What should we say about you? What kind of oppa are you? Stalking pretty girls on Instagram

I wasnt stalking! He defended himself. I was just watching around.

Watching around Twicestagram? She teased.

Why? Cant I? He cheekily replied.

Oh well. Of course you can! She affirmed a bit taken aback by his prompt question.

He grinned victoriously.

Jiwoo shrugged her shoulders once while she got up. Enough with these things, lets practice together oppa.

Matthew looked up at the blonde girl and nodded his head in approval of her idea. Yeah.

Yeah. She repeated.

 


 

One, two, three and four!

Bm thought that it felt strange to practice without his fellows Somin and J.seph but ,somehow, he liked it. Not that he didnt like the other two, he loved them a lot, as a family of course, but he was really enjoying spending some time alone with the group maknae. At the beginning, when he first met her, he thought that she was a cold person and so, he sometimes ignored and tried to avoid her. He did so, also because he still couldnt get used to the new girl who popped out of nowhere. However, as the time passed he developed a strange interest in her. He felt curious. She was nothing like he thought the first time. His first impression was completely wrong; She was just a shy girl with a slightly intimidating appearance. Her personality was similar to that of a puppy. She was cute and lively, she liked to joke around even though sometimes she acted like a really mean person. But mostly, she really took good care of the members, like they were her own family.

Plus, lately, he discovered that he really liked to annoy her. Her reactions were just too fun to watch and so he began doing it more often. He thought of it as his new hobby. Annoy the poor Jeon Jiwoo.

Are you listening? Jiwoo scowled.

Caught off guard, Bm lied. Yes!

Youre doing that wrong again oppa! You need to move a bit more sharply!

I know, I know! He nodded his head at what she said but he wasnt really listening because he was in the middle of a long and deep thought.

Seeing that he still wasnt moving, she showed him the right move. See? Like this.

Hm, hm.

Ya- Are you sure youre the main dancer along with me? She raised an eyebrow in a teasing way, knowing that this would make him wake up from his momentarily open-eyes-nap.

Hey watch out you! Using ya when Im the older one. Tch. And questioning my ability! He frowned like a baby.

She laughed. One, two, three another time Oppa!

Where am I? In a military camp?

Oppa! She called him.

He then, repeated his part for the millionth time and finally got it perfect.

Yaaaaaaas. SWAG!

He dabbed. Whos the top main dancer now, huh?

She sighed. Then rolled her eyes, ignoring his sudden boost of confidence.

Wasnt I so good? He kept on elbowing her playfully against the shoulder. Huh? Huh? Huh?

She rolled her eyes again at him.

Aish. Hes such a baby sometimes.

Jiwoo thought helplessly as she brought her right hand on her forehead.