Work hard. Play harder.

Co-eds

 

 

Matthew was standing behind the practice room door, well hidden. His gaze concentrated on two silhouettes inside the room. They were standing in the centre quietly.

At some point the girl pulled out from behind her back a jacket and handed it to the guy in front of her. He smiled brightly and she replied to it. Then, he took the jacket and patted her head, at which she smiled again, looking up at the guy.

Matthew was observing them quietly, mumbling occasionally between himself.

From his position he couldnt see much, so, carefully, he moved a bit towards his left, trying not to be found out. The girl started to laugh happily, nodding her head afterwards while the guys eyes were planted on her.

What are they talking about?

He moved forward, and stared at the two.

Suddenly, a hand squeezed his shoulder and pulled him a bit. AH! He gulped in surprise as he turned his head.

So, Matthew oppa, what are you doing here huh? A little brunette asked a bit too loudly.

He quickly covered using his hand, pulling her aside, behind the wall.

Then, he shushed her. SHHHHHHHH SOMIN!

She widened her eyes at the action and looked up at him, blushing as she saw how close the guy was. Hmm, Hmm…” She mumbled, poking his hand.

And when he finally removed it, she hit him lightly. Fiuuu! Oppa, why dont you enter in the room?

He looked at her, not knowing what to say.

AhhhYoure spying them! Somin concluded.

NO! He almost screamed.

If not then what are you doing here? And why cant I talk loudly? Somin whispered, raising an eyebrow.

He looked at her.

Geez. She caught him.

Suddenly, she widened her eyes, this time as if she just had a brilliant intuition. Youre here because you dont want to interrupt them! Oh my god oppa! Youre trying to be cupidooooo!

He sighed lowly, shaking his head some. I was just curious about what they were doing, okay!

She hit him lightly, smiling widely. Dont lie! I know youre lowkey trying to be cupido! She smiled even more.

Tch he rolled his eyes up, shaking his head once again.

Hey! What are you two doing out here? a familiar voice asked. And they, as response, jumped for the surprise.

N- Bm spoke but Somin interrupted him. Weve just arrived and we were about to enter the practice room manager-nim!

The manager nodded and then she left, satisfied with Somin reply.

Somin turned around and winked up at the tall guy who was watching her. Lets go! I promise Ill keep your secret! She pulled him by his arm and walked inside the room.

Geez. I really wonder what goes through her mind sometimes

Inside the room the other two were laughing and joking when Somin and Matthew entered.

Hiii guys! She smiled, shaking her hand in the air multiple times.

Youre both late. Jiwoo scowled. Me and J.seph oppa were waiting for you to arrive.

Really huh?

Now were here Mochiwoooo! Somin blurted out cutely.

Ill let it go just because its you Somin-ah. Jiwoo smiled at Somin then threw a glare at Matthew before placing herself back at the centre of the room.

Wait. What was that glare for.

Lets practice hard mates!

 


 

Mhhhhh. Matthew grunted out as he woke up from his afternoon nap.

Yesterdays practice destroyed me. Somin energy was infinite. Taehyung was hyper to the max and Jiwoowell, Jiwoo was unstoppable. Literally. Those three seriously made me tired. And thinking that in a while Ill have another session of practice with them makes me feel sick. Better tell em I wont be there today afternoon. I will take my time to relax and tonight Ill go and practice alone.

Yes.

Alone and without distractions.

He thought, and without hesitation he took his phone and quickly digited a message.

 

To: Ssomthenewqueenelizabeth

 

Bigmatthewww: Heey Somin! SSup? 😎

Somin: Bm oppaaaaa

Somin: 😊

Somin: All gud, you? 😊

Bigmatthewww: Great thanks! 😎

Bigmatthewww: Anyway….

Bigmatthewww: I just wanted to inform you that today I won’t make it for the practice y’know……

Somin: What, why?

Somin: 😯😯😯

Bigmatthewww: Something came up…..

Somin: Something happened?

Somin: Is it serious?

Bigmatthewww: Nah, nothing really happened, no worries!

Bigmatthewww: I just need some time for myself y’know…I will probably practice tonight or tomorrow morning💪

Somin: Ah……then okay!

Somin: Well, take your time! 😊😊

Bigmatthewww: Thank u Sominnie!

Bigmatthewww: Oh and, can you tell the others too?

Bigmatthewww: 🙏

Somin: Sure! No probs oppa!!!💕

Bigmatthewww: Thankyou Somin! You’re an angel! 👼

Somin: No need to thank me oppa! 😊😊😊

Somin: Have a great afternoon!

Somin: We’ll miss you oppa💝😚

 

Fiuuu. Thanks god Somin is always so understanding. I really don’t know what would happen if I were only with J.seph and Jiwoo.

He thought, throwing his body again on the sofa.

They’d probably be allied against me just like the other time. Tch.

Ah!

Enough thinking about these things!

I’ll just chill from now on.

Gotta enjoy my so called free time.

 


 

As soon as he entered Dsp building he checked the phone. A bright wallpaper appeared, and, up in the screen, four numbers indicated 11.27 PM.

Not as late as he thought it would be... but It was a great hour to practice. Well, at least for him.

There was no one around and the night time really facilitated his concentration.

Hell yeah. Tonight, I will finally work hard without any kind of distraction.

He smiled some as he opened the door that brought to the practice room. And….surprise!

Let’s pretend I didn’t say all those things about practicing alone. Kay.

What is she even doing here at this hour?

He thought as he slowly walked in.

She was so into the choreography that she didn’t even notice that he was standing there. Like always. He observed her God only knows how many times….and she had never noticed. And so, as usual, he took his time and looked at her for a while before finally speaking.

“Jiwoo”

She turned around, breathing hard. “Uh? Bm oppa?”

“What are you doing here?” She asked, a hint of curiosity in her eyes.

“I’m here to practice obviously.” He told her.

“Didn’t you practice today afternoon with the others?”

Wasn’t she there?

“No, I told Somin I wouldn’t have. How about ya?”

“Earlier I was busy and so I missed the practice with Somin as well, this is why I am here tonight.” She nodded her blonde head.

What a coincidence.

“Is it so?” He raised his left eyebrow curiously. “Well shortie, I think that we’ll have to practice together another time then.” He smiled playfully at her and then winked. Well, to be honest it wasn’t really a wink because y’know…he can’t wink at all. Lol.

“No problems for me Big Mac.” She emphasized and then she sticked her tongue out.

Huh? Did she just say Big…Mac?

He facepalmed for quite some time.

“Don’t just stand there! Hurry up if you want to practice with me!” She demanded, pointing her index finger at him.

There she is again.

The little dictatress Jeon Jiwoo.

God if you have some mercy, help me.

 


 

The time passed quickly as they practiced together. And before they knew it, it was already almost four in the morning.

“Let’s do a pause, please!” Jiwoo laid down on the floor and breathed in and out deeply, trying to recuperate some air.

“Do you want me to grab some water?” Matthew offered.

“Uh- yes, please” She breathed out.

And at those words, Matthew turned around and disappeared behind the glass door.

Jiwoo then, took the opportunity to jump up and sit comfortably on the creamy white sofa they had inside the practice room.

After a few minutes, returned into the room, Matthew poked her face softly using the cold bottle. “Here.”

“Thanks” She murmured lowly, still out of breath, as she took the bottle of water that her mate kindly grabbed for her.

Then, she took a sip of it.

Fresh.

She thought satisfied.

Meanwhile, her mate sat down beside her and laid his head back. He begun to wave his hand as if it was a fan, in order to cool down.

Seeing what he was doing, Jiwoo handed him her bottle. “Here, take this and drink some.”

On his face grew an interrogative expression.

Woah. What’s the reason of so much kindness?

That night was really a weird one. Jiwoo was more relaxed than the usual and the two worked hard without messing around with each other like they always do.

“Do you want it or not?” She interrupted his thoughts.

“Oh- Yes.” He took it from her and drank some water. It really was what he needed.

“We did well…didn’t we?” She moved her head back.

“Huh?”

“I mean, tonight. We practiced… hard and did… well. And you…..you… haven’t been.. that….un…pleasant” She concluded, her voice fading.

And before he could understand or give her an answer, her head fell on his shoulder and she was asleep.

“Ji…woo?” He looked at her, raising an eyebrow.

No reply.

He poked her cheek but nothing.

“Geez. How do you do it exactly?? Falling asleep in no time when you’re holding a conversation with someone.” He mumbled a bit annoyed to himself but then, he grinned softly as he looked at her.

Suddenly, she moved.

She turned her body on the right side and snuggled up closer to him. He froze nervously as he felt her warm breath against his neck.

And as if that wasn’t enough, she stretched her arm out and positioned it around his waist, her hand gripping onto his t-shirt.

THUMP THUMP

His heart bounced hard inside his chest and his visage slowly began colouring of a bright red.

Lucky him she was sleeping. He would have felt embarrassed if she saw him like that. For ’s sake, he had a reputation to keep on! What was happening to him? What were those strange emotions he couldn’t control at all lately?

Finally, after quite some time of hesitation, he moved her arm aside and relaxed. But that moment of freedom didn’t last long, in fact her arm fell again on his stomach and returned magically to his initial place.

He sighed lowly, feeling the tension building up inside his body again, then, he looked down at her just to notice that her face was leaning on his shoulder just a few inches away from his and he blushed again before mumbling.

Too…..……close.

 


AUTHOR's note: Hola hola amigos! First of all I am really really sorry for my very late update :( My laptop left me for quite a while and then.... even though I already had my Chapter VII ready, I wanted to check it out some more times and i ended up reading it tons of times before finally deciding if publish it or not. 

I am loving Kard debut so so much and i am actually feeling like a proud mama. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY FINALLY DEBUTED AFTER ALL THEIR HARD WORKK OMG!! They did well in all the music shows and charts so far and I am soooo happy. They seriously deserve the best. 

Okay after this little Spazztime, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter! It is quite long.

And last but not least, feel free to leave feedbacks down in the comment section or spazz w/ me Hiddenkards fam! 

[Also do you like long or short chapter?]

HWAIIIIIIIIII TO THE NEXT TIME! (≧∇≦)/

See you! Love you!🤘💜