We're a family...right?

Co-eds

 

"Hello everyone and welcome back to our show! Today we have the pleasure to be with a hot Rookie group! Give a big round of applause to.......K.A.R.D!" The host exclaimed with a mixed tone of happiness and exaltation as K.A.R.D members entered the room one by one.

Standing at the centre of the room with his group, Bm began the introduction while doing some of his swag gestures "One, two, three, hello everybody K-A-R-D!''

''We are..KARD!!'' the other three joined the tall one and finished the phrase before bowing politely.

"When their song, OHNANA, first dropped in mid-December, the addictive melody became an instant hit on several online music sites and all of sudden, these four rookies were a roaring success, capturing headlines and attention. So...we have a few questions for you today" the host said, looking for a moment at the four people in front of him.

''You are becoming really popular overseas...Why is it so?" he continued. 

Taking the mic Jiwoo replied "It is mainly for our music style; Our music genre is something foreign fans really enjoy and i personally think that it will become more and more popular in Korea too as soon as we start promoting our songs. Also, i think that our main dance choreography is a hit since it is something new and fresh"

"Ah, i understand. And...How do you feel to be the only co-ed K-pop idol group nowadays?" the host then asked.

"It feels good now, i am really proud to be part of this group" Bm replied with a big smile plastered on his face as the others chuckled and nodded in approval of his answer.

"Now?" the mc inquired curiously as he raised an eyebrow at Bm. 

The tall one for the first time during the show became serious "Yes, now. You know initially we weren't supposed to form a co-ed group....with Somin and Jiwoo. Me and J.seph were supposed to debut as a Hip-hop duo but those plans changed later on and we became what we are now. I must confess you that in the beginning i was a bit scared and negative about it because i couldn't picture which kind of music we would have done, but i changed my mind as soon as we started to practice everyday together" 

"I didn't like it at first too but in the end it worked out for the best....in fact Somin and Jiwoo complete us and cover my and Bm's weaknesses" J.seph added, nodding slowly as Jiwoo and Somin were staring helplessly both at him and Bm.

"Uhh, the air is getting heavy here" the host jokingly pointed out, looking at the girls' expressions before getting to his last question. "Your relationship seems really special...is there something you're hiding from us? Are you perhaps dating? and if not...Do you think there could be a possibility of you dating each other someday?"

To which, without any hesitation Jiwoo replied "We practice together and we eat together. We are not dating, we're just colleagues. Dating each other doesn't even make sense. I don't think it'll ever happen. I can promise that. We don't even need to write an oath that says that we won't date each other because i assure you it won't happen."

"What she means is that we're just like a family, this is why it seems that we share a special relationship" Bm concluded.

 

And he was right after all, but at that time he couldn't know what would have happened shortly thereafter...

 

As soon as the interview ended, the four thanked and greeted the staff before finally getting in the car that would have brought them at the agency building. 


"So.....you both didn't like the idea of forming a co-ed group with us at the beginning, huh?" mumbled Jiwoo while her eyes were emitting multiple glares to both the guys. She wanted to make them feel guilty for what they had said earlier during the interview. She wanted to take a little sweet revenge.

"Well you know what? I didn't really like you too. See you tomorrow...mates!" saying this, with all the eyes focused on her, she opened the door and left the building followed right after by Somin, who, just before leaving, told the guys not to worry much about Jiwoo because she liked to tease people. 

 

"Haven't you been too unpleasant with the guys, Jiwoo?" Somin asked. 

"WHAT? They deserved it all for being too sincere during the interview!" She said, pulling her tongue out and chuckling afterwards.

Somin rolled her eyes up and, shaking her head, joined Jiwoo with a slight chuckle. "You're always the same!"

And so, as they began to discuss more about their day they headed to the dorm.

 

Meanwhile into the guys' dorm, Bm and J.seph were still in a state of shock for the girl's harsh words.

And even though they knew that she was a sarcastic person and that she loved to tease people, they still couldn't believe what she just said, so, they just sat there. On the sofa. Helplessly. And a bit hurt by those words. 

"I AM SURE SHE WAS JUST JOKING AS SOMIN-AH SAID, HA!" Bm jumped up and said loudly, almost as if he was trying to convince himself that he wasn't hurt nor sad about what had happened earlier.

"Hm, Hm" j.seph nodded, letting the speech fade. "Now let's get some sleep, today has been a really long day"

"Sure mate, see ya tomorrow. 'Night" bm said while walking towards his room.

"Goodnight" j.seph replied and then disappeared behind his bedroom door. 


As soon as Bm entered his room he threw himself on the bed and began to study the dark ceiling in silence. He then tried to close his eyes and sleep, but something uncomfortable was bothering him. Something kept popping on his mind. And he could do nothing but think about it. 

Did Jiwoo really mean those words?

Was she mad about what I said today during the interview?

But... i didn't say something offensive after all.....

...Or maybe yes? 

Nah, I am sure that it is as Somin said. Jiwoo just likes to tease us and she wasn't serious about it

But...What if she was?

What if she's really angry about it and never wants to talk to me again?

NGH.

Damn Matthew, stop it. Will ya? Why are you even thinking something so stupid. She's not mad. She just want to joke with you. 

Why are you even overthinking in the first place. 

Why does it make me so sad...

It must be because we're a family.....right?

And, thinking so, he turned around and buried his face into the pillow. 

 


AUTHOR's note: So my first chapter is finally finished. I hope you all will enjoy reading it. And I also hope i will release my next chapter soon. 

Ps. If you have any feedbacks, feel free to leave a comment. 

HWAIIIIIIIIIIII to the next time! (≧∇≦)/