Act 2 Scene 3

Dogfight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning came with a warm peace offering as the sun shined through the frosted windows of the frigid townhouse. Mily stretched her arms as she blinked away what was left of her sleep, she turned over to her left and saw her best friend still sound asleep with his mouth wide open and proud snores flowing through him as he made a puddle of drool on the teal cushion his head was resting on. Mily snickered quietly as she stood up from her chase lounge, “you haven’t changed one bit, Hoying.” She grimaced as she spotted the patch of drool on her cushion taking a mental note to have it washed before she used it again. Last night the two had decided to hold a Netflix marathon watching their favorite anime, Detective Conan, up until two in the morning. Mily glanced at the digital clock on her cable box and sighed, debating if she would have enough time to wash up and make breakfast since they had to be back at Big Hit at eight in the morning and it was already a quarter to seven.

            “Oi, Hoying!” Mily called as she shook the sleeping beast, “Oi, if you keep snoring like that we are going to be getting noise complaints from the entire neighborhood!” She shouted, grabbing one of the cushions from the chase lounge and began to hit him with it.

Scott groaned as he tried to turn around, “go foiuhyorefhl” he slurred sleepily as he buried his head under his drool infested cushion. Mily gasped dramatically, placing a hand on her chest looking awfully offended in a comical manner, “I beg your pardon?”

           “Go. . Yourself.” Scott stated clearly, his voice muffled by the pillow that was blocking the rays of sunlight from his face.

         “You know, you look awfully tempting right now,” Mily stated as she straddled her best friend, an evil smirk etching itself on her face as she took hold of the pillow on Scott’s face and began hitting him with it, “I’m awfully tempted to suffocate you right now with this pillow! How could you use such vulgar language when you know I hate it!”

In an instant Scott was awake, throwing her off of him and onto the marbled floor, “Ouch” Mily grumbled as she rubbed her soar rear end while sending Scott a glare. The other laughed as he looked down at his best friend who still acted like such a child despite her mature appearance, “I’m glad you’re enjoying this!” Mily grumbled as she stood up from the floor straightening out her clothes, “you need to go home and change your clothes; we need to be at Big Hit soon.”

Scott glanced at the clock and groaned, “We are never doing another Netflix marathon on a week day ever again.”

Mily laughed as she made her way up the stairs to her master bathroom to freshen up and change clothes, she was always glad to see how much Scott never changed, he was still the grumpy anti-morning person she adored.

When she was done changing clothes and Scott had finally returned from doing the same at his place, they both hopped into the Black Audi that was already waiting for them outside. While in the car, Scott kept on taking worried glances at her, she didn’t look like she was nervous or scared but she did have one hell of a poker face on. In truth, when Sihyuk asked for his opinion on having Mily on board as a producer he was more than thrilled; he thought it would be awesome to have the chance to work together –granted that they would be on different floors but it still meant that they could have lunch together-  but there was a part of him that was worried about how Mily would handle her encounters with Jungkook. He had heard the entire story from Mily the day after the incident and then heard Jungkook’s side of the story a month later when he got on his knees and practically begged for his help in his attempts to apologize to Mily after she transferred schools. Scott’s heart aches to this day thinking about the pained expression on the boy’s face when Scott told him that Mily was now barely talking to anyone in those days since she was so busy producing her song, she was barely even at home anymore, spending all of her days and nights at Big Hit. Scott’s heart went out to the boy, especially when Scott broke the news that she was moving to New York to debut. Scott felt more empathetic for the boy when Jungkook heard her song for the first time on the radio; “Mean” was a song directed towards Jungkook and how he treated her that night, it was obvious to anyone who knew of the situation. Jungkook didn’t have to tell him anything, he already knew that the song haunted him every day everywhere he went and in all honesty, he was quite tired of the boy moping around and constantly asking him about her so he was going to take matters into his own hands.

            “We’re here,” Mily sighed as the car came to a halt, grounding Scott back in the present.

Mily had one foot out the car door when Scott grabbed her left arm and pulled her back, she looked back at him questioningly with a brow arched, “what?” she asked.

         “Are you going to be alright with this?” Scott asked, his blue eyes filled with concern and voice etched in sincerity as he glanced at her.

Mily patted his hand that was on her arm reassuringly with a tight-lipped smile on her face, “twisting lemons into lemonade,”

Scott smiled back at her, squeezing her arm a bit in a show of support. ‘Twisting lemons into lemonade’ was Mily’s way of saying not to worry about her because she would make the best of the situation. He was glad to see that she was taking a more optimistic approach today as opposed to yesterday where she almost ripped off his head with a single glare.

When they walked into the building they were greeted by Songhee who gave them a quick wave since she was currently dealing with a business man, “Sihyuk-nim is waiting for you on the-“

        “Third floor, I know,” Mily said as she waved back at her, “thank you, Songhee!” she added extra emphasis on Songhee’s name as a playful smirk appeared on her face; the older plastered a fake grin as she waved them off and continued talking to the man before her.

Mily took a deep breath as she stepped into the elevator, in truth, her emotions were quite jumbled. She had decided late last night to make the best of the situation; after all she was going to be back in her safe haven in her recording studio which brought her much happiness. However, she was nervous about all of her future encounters with Jungkook, it was bad enough that he acted like he didn’t know or remember her. Maybe she really did mean that little to him, at the end of the day she was a pawn in his game. Maybe he was just trying to toy with her again? She didn’t know and quite frankly she had no interest in finding out, she decided to keep things strictly professional between her and the boys; although it pained her to keep a distance from Namjoon, she thought it would be for her best interest to maintain a barrier between them. The elevator came to a halt at the second floor. Mily groaned internally when the door slid open and came face to face with the sweaty appearance of the seven boys of BTS. Their chests rising and falling quickly as they panted for breath, their loose-fitting attire lightly coated in their sweat and their hair damped; she watched as the drenched and most probably sticky group squeeze into the elevator causing a rift between her and Scott. She didn’t dare look at them as they greeted her a good morning, but she was more than aware of the body that was slightly pressed behind her; from the reflection of the elevator door she knew Jungkook was behind her, his eyes taking in her appearance. His soft panting lightly tickling the shell of her ear and a warm feeling began to stir in the pit of her stomach at the thought of their proximity. Did he really find it necessary to stand so close to her? She shrugged off the thought seeing as the elevator was loaded with nine people and that was considered crowded.

        “I guess we aren’t late to class at all, right professor?” Namjoon joked as he stood beside Mily, elbowing her side playfully just like how he used to two years ago.

        “Right,” Mily replied, “but my question is, why in the world are you all doing dance practice BEFORE coming to the studio?” She questioned; her tone a mixture of curiosity and annoyance.

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders, “we find that after we exercise our voices sound better whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter