Act 2 Scene 2

Dogfight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    “Are you ing kidding me?!” Namjoon snarled furiously as he slammed the youngest member against the wall, fists clenched onto the collar of Jungkook’s shirt. The younger boy grimaced at the discomfort of his back making contact with the hard wall; his head hanging low as shame and self-loathing filled him.

Jin was at their side without a moment to spare in fear of the livid leader planting a left hook onto the youngest’ face; he placed a hand on Namjoon’s shoulder, “relax, you don’t want to do something you might regret later on,” he tried to reason but Namjoon was having none of it, the veins of his neck showing just how much he was trying to control himself resorting to physical violence, “Don’t you understand the severity of this?” Namjoon spat at Jungkook through gritted teeth completely ignoring Jin, “don’t you know that if word gets out that you were such a douchebag, it could put our careers at risk?” He paused momentarily, “do you know that if Mily refuses to help us we can’t produce a new album until Bang-nim hires someone else? Do you know how long it takes to find a producer who is just as qualified as Mily? Who Bang-nim himself taught her how to compose and produce music?” A silence fell over the dorm; the tension rising in the room was so thick that it was practically suffocating and utterly unbearable.

 When the boys settled down in their dorms for the day, they all decided to confront Jungkook about the incident that took place earlier between him and Mily. Jungkook, deciding that it was best to keep an open line of communication between his new found brothers, told them the entire story of the “date” that happened two years ago and Namjoon was not taking it too well. It was expected, Namjoon was after all the leader of the group and one of his top concerns was making sure to keep order within BTS, and to make matters worse, Namjoon had already heard the story from Mily herself years ago, Namjoon watched Mily struggle with her insecurities while she was interning with Bang, he remembered how heartbroken she looked when she explained that she was used as a pawn in a bet, a so called “dogfight.”  but he never would have imagined that the jerk from her story was the number one golden boy of his group. It enraged him to know that someone so despicable had been placed under his care to be nurtured and groomed to become an idol, a title that he was now more than positive Jungkook did not deserve.

       “You really are a prick, you know that, Jungkook?” Namjoon spat, “I can’t believe someone as low as you was actually able to debut.”

Junkook had not said a single word to his defense; he knew for a fact that he deserved every insult hurled at him; but somehow hearing the disappointment in Namjoon’s voice and the disapproving yet sympathetic glances from the other boys, then remembering how she could barely stand the sight of him today struck him hard. He suddenly felt like he was suffocating as a rush of emotion surged through him; his shoulders shook as soft sobs escaped him. The boys were taken aback as they watched their youngest member release his pent up frustrations for the first time in front of them, it was clear a line had been crossed. Namjoon instantly released his grip on the boy as regret and guilt slowly took place of the rage; watching as Jungkook slid down the wall and into fetal position, his hands coming up to wipe his tears with the sleeve of sweater. It was all too much for him, Jungkook wasn’t used to this kind of treatment from his band mates, he was their precious golden boy and he had gone and let them down; he noticed that was a reoccurring theme of his, it seemed all he ever knew how to do was disappoint people.

        “I-I know I messed up, but I have been trying to improve a-and become a better person, s-someone worthy of a s-second chance, b-but after, after seeing her today I-I don’t think I could get her back, I don’t even know how to do it!” he cried harder, he heaved violently as he finally dropped his façade. The older boys finally realized Jungkook’s true feelings as they glanced at one another worriedly, an unspoken conversation passed between their eyes before glancing back at the maknae.

      “The first thing you need to realize before you can improve yourself,” Jin stated as he kneeled down beside Jungkook, patting his back reassuringly, “is that you don’t want to just be a better person, you want to be a better MAN. Young boys tend to act carelessly and never take responsibility for their actions but men always own up to their faults and won’t give up until they make things right.” Jin smiled softly at Jungkook who was still sniffling with tears in his eyes, “you need to realize that you already took your first step in becoming a better man, you turned your life around and for that, I am proud of you but you still have a long way to go. Especially when it comes to earning the trust of a heart you broke.”

        “You can’t just say you’re sorry,” Yoongi piped up from the couch he was lounging on, “you have to prove yourself to her in more ways than one since she doesn’t trust you.”

Namjoon nodded his head in agreement as a sigh left him he was stuck between a rock and a hard place because this situation involved two people that were dear to him in opposition, “it won’t be easy, but just know that we will be here to guide you should you need it.” Jungkook quickly brought his head up staring wide eyed at the leader, “H-hyung” he said softly in disbelief, “d-does this mean you will help me?”

         “Of course we are going to help our Jungkookie!” Jimin exclaimed as he jumped out of his seat beside Yoongi to go sit beside Jungkook, ruffling his hair affectionately.

Jungkook glanced around at his friend’s faces, seeing how they all nodded in agreement with Jimin’s statement. A smile grew on Jungkook’s face, he was still sniffling from his earlier display of emotion but he honestly felt so overjoyed to know that even though his friends knew about his past, they were still willing to accept him and help him along the way. He knew his journey to get her back was no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter