Act 2 Scene 5

Dogfight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook impatiently waited in the recording studio, wriggling his fingers together out of his anxiety. It was already 9:30 a.m and Mily still hadn’t arrived at the studio for the day’s lecture; he was worried about her well-being and scared that maybe her absence had something to do with him. Ever since Mily came back he has felt like he had been walking on egg shells; any small misstep he took he thought Mily would head back to the States and never look back and at this moment his mind already conjured up an image of her boarding a flight back to New York all because he brought up their past. He lightly banged his head against one of the wooden panels in the studio trying to erase the thought.

     “Relax Jungkook-ah, maybe she is running late because she is stuck in traffic or maybe she overslept! She said it herself yesterday that it was going to take her some time to adjust to the time change, maybe she is just at home getting some shut eye.” Jin comforted the youngest member with a pat on his shoulder and a warm smile, however, Jungkook was still a bit uneasy. His phone buzzed with a new text message from Scott, the boy took to sending Mily’s best friend countless amounts of text messages asking about the girl in question. Jungkook eagerly opened the message and frowned at its contents, “Scott wasn’t able to get a hold of her,” he mumbled dejectedly to the rest of the group who were observing the oddly entertaining behavior of their Maknae.

      “Don’t think into it too much Jungkookie, your plan isn’t foiled, if anything, it had just gotten a lot better,” Jimin smirked as she stood up and brushed the invisible specks of lint off his shirt as he slung his arm over Jungkook’s shoulder, “mysterious as the dark side of the moon.”

V snorted while Yoongi shook his head disbelievingly, “why do you keep on with the Mulan references?” Yoongi asked.

       “Cut him some slack, it was probably on T.V the other day and it’s been stuck in his head ever since,” Jin defended.

         “Actually you’re wrong; you guys have been taking this situation between MiKook all wrong, you see-“

V raised his hand enthusiastically like a child who had a question for his teacher, “what’s a MiKook?” he asked innocently although Jimin was practically glaring at him for interrupting his explanation.  “MiKook is Mily and Jungkook’s ship name, one that I proudly came up with on my own, thank you very much. Now as I was say-“

           “Wait, you have a ship name for us?!” Jungkook asked incredulously as his cheeks turned into a flushed color but he wouldn’t deny that it had a nice ring to it.

Namjoon chuckled, “at this point I wouldn’t doubt it if he had T-shirts printed with their ship name on it like he did one Christmas when he got us couple T-shirts with our ship names with him.”

          “Why are we bringing that up? That was so strange, it was probably the oddest Christmas present I’ve ever gotten,” Yoongi groaned as he lazily covered his eyes, with his right arm as he laid down on J-Hope’s lap.

Jimin cleared his throat loudly to get their attention, “First of all, those shirts were given from the bottom of my heart because I love you all so much. Second,” Jimin held up his hand with two fingers up, “we have been going with this MiKook situation all wrong, it’s not about Operation Get Her Back, this is about Operation Make Jungkook a Man, the situation between the two is clearly too fragile to just focus on getting her back, what if Jungkook screws up again by mistake and she starts to hate him again? It is possible since he is still so young and he doesn’t know how to express himself well that things between them could go downhill; take yesterday for example, he couldn’t even apologize to the girl about what he did in the past! What makes you think he will be able to share his emotions and his life with her?”

Jungkook’s head snapped up to Jimin, his eyes piercing through the glance of the older as he spoke, “I will not apologize to her for the past, not now, not ever.” Jimin crossed his arms over his chest, running his tongue over his lips annoyed at the younger one, “and why is that?” Jungkook paused momentarily debating if he should state his reason but opted out of it since he knew the boys would poke fun at him for it, “I have my reasons and I don’t think I need to make them public because they are between Mily and I only.”

Jimin nodded his head, “Fair enough.”

There was a pregnant pause in the room before J-Hope spoke, “so you are going to teach Jungkook how to be a man based on a song in a Disney princess movie?” He asked, it was clear that he was confused for the most part.

        “Yes, and thus far “tranquil as the forest” was a success yesterday since Jungkook managed to make a small confession to her and in return got her to acknowledge him.” Jimin stated proudly with a foolish grin on his face.

        “What does “tranquil as the forest” have anything to do with him giving her a “small confession,” Yoongi questioned.

Jimin smirked again, “his truth came out naturally and it wasn’t planned, unlike somebody else’s idea to work up a sweat and then see what happens.”

        “Girls go crazy over guys who are covered in sweat!” V defended, he was not about to let his pride take a hit.

Jimin tsked as he shook his head disapprovingly and grabbed Jungkook by the arm, “come on Jungkookie, you have a lot to learn and it seems as though I am the only one truly qualified to teach you,” as they walked out the door Jimin quickly peeked his head back inside, “by the way our Mikook shirts come in next Thursday,” before walking out again and leaving the rest of the group dumbfounded.

 

Meanwhile five blocks away from Big Hit, Mily is frantically getting ready to get to the recording studio since she overslept and apparently hit the snooze button on her cellphone while she was asleep. It took three rings and fifteen phone calls from Scott to successfully awaken her from her slumber and she was a mess. She was embarrassed that on her second day of working under Big Hit that she was able to act unprofessionally twice in front of the boys. She glanced at the clock as she shimmied into her black skinny jeans and an oversized white sweater, groaning when she remembered that the boys had another schedule to attend at 11:00 a.m and it was currently 10: 20 a.m, she did her math and figured that if she got into the back of the Audi now, she would be able to get to the studio at 10:36 give or take depending on the traffic. She would be able to make it to them in time but there was no way she could teach them anything about American music in just fourteen minutes but she was going to try anyways. She rushed down the stairs of her town house and through the front door, only taking her house key and cellphone in the pockets of her sweater and hopped straight into the back seat of the black Audi that had been patiently waiting for her since 9:00 a.m.

When she finally arrived at the B.H building she darted towards the elevator, completely neglecting SongHee who was left with her greeting hanging in the air awkwardly. As soon as the elevator doors opened, she raced into the recording studio and yanked the door open, she placed one hand on her knee while the other was still holding onto the doorknob as she panted, her eyes down-casted as she delivered her apology, “sorry, I’m late, I over-slept and my-“she cut herself off as she glanced around the room and took in emptiness of it. She glanced down at her watch and frowned it was 10: 40 a.m. her timing wasn’t off by much but she didn’t take into consideration that the boys would probably leave a bit early to avoid too much traffic on the way to their next schedule. Mily sighed dejectedly as she made her way across the hall where her new office was located and plopped down on her desk chair, resting her head on the leather head rest of her chair and spun around to face her computer readying herself to reply to unread emails from her manager and friends back in the States. Before she even her computer, her eyes were caught by an unfamiliar sight by her computer screen; it was a single red rose with a handwritten note attached to it. She grabbed the rose and began to read the note out loud, “There are 7 Billion smiles but yours is my favorite.”

  Mily scoffed at the cheesiness of the simple phrase but she couldn’t help the foolish grin that spread itself across her face. She turned the note over hoping to find the name of the anonymous cheese-ball who wrote the note but was disappointed to see that it was blank.

       “Who the in the world could it be?” She mumbled to herself, the wheels in her head turning as she took a mental tally of the employees and trainees but quickly realized that there were over 100 trainees and over 50 employees at Big Hit, narrowing it down to just one person would just be impossible since it could be anyone.

     “For sure it can’t be Scott, he knows that my favorite flowers are Tulips and heaven knows he isn’t the type to buy me flowers anyways.” She then thought about Bang but instantly regretted it, her relationship with Bang was so platonic that even her own mother had the tendency to call him “Mily’s adopted uncle.” She then thought about Namjoon and snorted “bless his soul, he wouldn’t know how to be romantic even if his life depended on it.”

She froze when her mind brought up the next possible person- the person she despised the most could be behind the cheesy note, but she quickly shook that thought away; there was no way it would be him, the boy wasn’t capable of doing small, romantic gestures like this. She placed the rose back down by the computer screen and began to respond to her emails, never knowing that she was smiling the entire time.

At some point, Mily decided to shoot an e-mail to Hyunsoo to see if it were possible to fit in the missed lecture at another time today and was quickly replied with a copy of BTS’s schedule and a message from Hyunsoo saying that the only time the boys would be able to have a lecture was when they reached their dorms at 8p.m after filming for Music Bank and that the boys all agreed that it was okay for her to show up at that time. She quickly sent in her confirmation to Hyunsoo and made her way down to the second floor to bother Scott since she had nothing else to do, plus she was hungry and she left her wallet back at the town house.

 

On Jungkook’s side, the boy was dripping with sweat despite the cool temperature on the Music Bank stage. The boys had just wrapped up on their second round of filming and the director was currently reviewing the footage to see if a third round of filming was necessary. Needless to say the boys were hoping and praying that two was enough since they were worn out by all the interviews and performances they held today; but you would never hear them complain, after all it was the price of their dream. They were all in their waiting room, their stylists patting away the sweat from their faces with a towel and using a blow drier to dry their sweat-drenched hair while the make-up artists patched up their smudged make-up just in case the boys were needed back on set, they needed to look just as good as they did during the first take.

Hyunsoo walked into the waiting room shooing away the stylists which only meant one thing: They were given the all clear to go home and rest. Jungkook jumped with glee as the moment he was waiting for was soon to arrive; ever since Hyunsoo informed the boys that Mily was willing to give them their lesson whenever they had down time today Jungkook had used that as his motivation. Every smile he faked and every performance he pushed through though his body was aching was to bring him closer to her, as cheesy as it may sound.

The boys bowed continuously as they exited through the back doors of the broadcasting station and jumped into the back seats of their van taking a small nap since the drive back to their dorm was at least half an hour which was just enough time to rejuvenate their spirits.

It was 8:30p.m. when Mily got the call from Hyunsoo saying that the boys were in their dorm and ready to continue where they left off on their lesson yesterday. She changed into a teal long sleeved fitted t-shirt with a scoop neck and a light caramel colored scarf wrapped around her neck and headed off towards the dorm in her car.

When she finally arrived to their apartment complex and knocked on their door she took a deep breath in, she wasn’t sure if she was nervous because she was worried Jungkook might try something or because the weather outside was colder than what she had anticipated, either way her anxiety was building and she wasn’t exactly a big fan of the feeling, The front door opened and revealed a rather worn-out J-Hope with a bright smile on his face, “Mily, we missed you today! I’m glad we get to see you now, we were all so worried that something had happened to you this morning, but now we have you all to ourselves,” J-hope happily spoke as he opened the door wider for her to enter, extending his arm towards the inside of their dorm in a gesture of welcome.

     “I was fine, just suffering from the time change. I overslept again and when I woke up it was nearly 10:30 a.m! I rushed as much as I could to try to make it to the studio before our scheduled time was up but by the time I got there you guys were already gone.” Mily explained as she walked in and took off her sneakers, keeping her socks to maintain warmth in her feet since it was a cold night.

 J-hope nodded as he led her through the small hallway and into their living area that was a bit small for the amount of people living in the space, “I know this place is a bit cramped and quite messy but please feel free to make yourself at home. I go tell the others that you are here, please sit down on the couch if you’d like,” J-hope stated as he walked down another hallway to which Mily assumed was where the boy’s rooms were as she took a seat and prepared her playlist of songs that have heavily influenced the American airwaves. One by one the boys made their ways into the living area sluggishly and plopping down onto the hardwood floor, the boys seemed completely zapped of their energy and Mily was wondering whether or not she should just cancel the lecture and save it for tomorrow since they looked like they were just about ready to pass out. She glanced down at Jungkook who was sitting directly in front of her, his attention completely fixated on her as he sat with his back straight and eyes glimmering despite the noticeable dark circles under them; a small smile on his lips hadn’t left since he walked into the room. When her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter