Moneta

Two-Faced Galaxy {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Moneta- Roman goddess of memory


"...ll your fault!"

"All my fau...?! ...hrowing chairs at me!"

"But I... nghan ...id I?!"

"I don't understand either of you but both of you need to shut the hell up 'cause he's waking up!"

Jeonghan winced at the harsh voice and the sudden feeling of something causing too much pain from just one spot on his head. The world was blurry at first but after blinking a couple more times he saw the worried gazes of Junhui and Jisoo along with a rather irritated look from that class president who was glaring at the two.

"H-How are you feeling, Jeonghan?" Jisoo spoke up first as Jeonghan tried to push himself to sit up before stopping midway.

He held his head as it felt like the world shook for a moment before managing to murmur, "Fine... I guess... I don't know, I've had worse pain to deal with before..." which apparently was a mistake when that class president glared at Jisoo, "You let bullying happen at your grade level?!"

"I-It's not that! W-We've told the teacher before a-and it's also the p-parents fault for not enforcing as better role models for their children!" Jisoo stuttered, obviously as intimidated by the shorter as much as Junhui looked like he was on the verge of hiding behind Jisoo.

"Um- who...?" Jeonghan didn't know what to do at this point.

"Lee Jihoon. 2nd year and class president of B-6," so was Jihoon's short introduction with a formal bow before turning back to glare at the other two, "I was delivering paper work to the new teacher of C-6 but I just so happen to see you get smacked and knocked out with a chair from across the hallway before seeing these two emerge from the classroom. Either way, it's my duty to keep students safe no matter the class or grade."

"Is... Is that what happened...?" in all honesty, Jeonghan could only feel a headache- or maybe a migraine- as he tried to think.

Jihoon sighed as the school bell suddenly went off and chattering started to fill the hallway outside, "It's okay sunbaenim, I wouldn't expect you to recover immediately from getting a chair thrown at your head," he spoke with such a polite attitude that it was odd (and somewhat concerning) that he glares at Jisoo and Junhui so easily with that informal talk, "As for these two, I think they've caused enough trouble for the day and should be dismissed immediately."

For someone so short he's rather intimidating... Jeonghan noticed as Jisoo and Junhui awkwardly complied with Jihoon and slowly headed out of the room.

"How's your head, sunbaenim? Should I get you an ice pack?" Jihoon asked worriedly.

"Er- yes please..." Jeonghan murmured before Jihoon immediately gets up to across the nurse's office to the small fridge in the corner. As the class president did so, Jeonghan was stuck trying to remember what had happened before he woke up with that stinging pain on his forehead.

"I understand that but do you really think that Jeonghan would be happy with the fact that someone was murdered for something like 'love'?!"

And all of a sudden, Jeonghan felt his face warm up noticeably, kind of wanting to slap himself for not remembering something as important as that, W-Wouldn't that count as a confession...?

"Sunbaenim, are you okay? You're suddenly red," Jihoon asked as he returned with an ice pack. Jeonghan immediately shook his head, trying to drag off to a different topic by saying, "Er- W-Why don't you run for president of student council?"

Jihoon blinked before sighing, "Apparently the only reason why I'm class president is because everyone was intimidated by me even before it was time to elect class president, that would mean I'd have to 'intimidate' the entire school if I want such an important role as president of student council..."

"But... you have a very caring personality... so..." Jeonghan mumbled off, understanding the intimidation part but also because he shouldn't be trying to socialize with someone of such a high reputation.

"I-Is that so? Th-Thank you..." Jihoon murmurs, shifting slightly wtih a small, shy smile, and Jeonghan thought that maybe Jihoon wasn't as intimidating as he was before the door opened and before the student could even completely say Jihoon's name the boy quickly turns around and chucks the ice pack at the boy, "I'm not gonna tend to you because you deserve getting rejected by Wonwoo!"

"That hurts though Jihoon!" the student whined as he held his shoulder.

A banter then started between Jihoon and the stranger that Jeonghan couldn't keep up with so he had to quietly leave the room without attracting either of their attentions. He lets out a sigh as he entered the hallway that now had an orange light due to the sun setting at this time. He didn't expect to see Jisoo walking down the hallway though, which was apparent when they both met gazes before looking away.

"... So how's your head?"

"F-Fine..." Jeonghan murmured, messing with the trim of his uniform, "Um- a-about what happened at C-15-"

"Oh my God, forget about that."

Jeonghan blinked, out of his love-sick phase when he heard that odd harsh and blunt tone from Jisoo. When he dared to look up to make sure that he heard right, he barely saw Jisoo slap his mouth before awkwardly laughing, something that was more familiar to Jeonghan.

"Er- uh- I-I mean...how much of that do you r-remember?"

"All I remember is... never mind..." Jeonghan said the last part quietly before quickly passing Jisoo to head to his classroom to grab his bag.

Maybe I really am just stupid... he didn't want to admit that his eyes were burning and he felt the need to simply cry for thinking that that actually happened.


"Welcome back, hyu- omo, what happened?!" Chan immediately ran over to Jeonghan, a worried look on his face that was unfitting for his age.

He takes a deep breath as he closes the door behind him before pulling off his beanie before he gives a helpless smile to the younger before ruffling the Chan's hair, "Don't worry about it, Chan-ah. I'm gonna skip dinner to wash my uniform instead," and he left without letting Chan say another word.

As long as I have Chan, then I'm fine... Jeonghan reassured himself like any other night, especially whenever he saw a new bruise or a fading one on his body as he went to go shower. That was how he could also reassure that he only cared about his step-brother and keeping the beanie that their father used to wear before he went on his two years business trips. He sighs before he sees a handkerchief on the floor, feeling his chest tighten slightly.