Closure

Titanic

Chanyeol doesn't know why, or he just refuses to acknowledge, he's so nervous while waiting outside the practice room. He can try to listen to the conversation but the room is almost sound proof and he absolutely cannot hear only two people talking so he doesn't try. Instead, he stays a few feet away from the door, sits down on the cold floor and waits for them to finish.

Chanyeol is trying to calm himself down, so is Kyungsoo. He has to stay rational above his feelings. He convinces himself that he's moving on from Kai but his heart clenches seeing Kai so wrecked like that.

"What happened, Jongin? Did you and Krystal have a fight?" Kyungsoo avoids the question and tries to remind Kai of his girlfriend.

"No, we didn't." He looks down then shifts his whole body now facing Kyungsoo. "I'm starting to think if I did the right thing to give our relationship a chance. I didn't know we'll be apart like this, Kyungsoo. I didn't..."

"Call me hyung. It's making me uncomfortable at this moment." Kyungsoo interrupts.

"I used to call you by your name when we're alone like this before though." Kai frowns at the sudden sternness of Kyungsoo's voice. "Don't take that away from me, too."

"It's not like that. I am still your hyung afterall." Kyungsoo softens his voice a little.

"So we're following rules now?" Kai harshly wipes his tears and curses.

"Watch your mouth." Kyungsoo frowns, too.

"Just answer me, Kyungsoo, okay? Just tell me if we can still go back to the same way before." He pulls and shifts Kyungsoo to face him, too. "Please, don't you really remember what happened?" The older's face frowned even more but not because he's upset, this time because he was curious. He doesn't remember anything and he guesses it's about that night when they had dinner. However, he ignores the curiousity and moves back a bit from Kai.

"You know what, we have a lot more important things to think about than this." Kyungsoo prepares to stand up but Kai holds his wrist.

"We kissed." Kai drops it, as if it's his last chance to convince Kyungsoo to agree with his plan. "We ing kissed so deep, Kyungsoo, and I go crazy every time I remember that." Kyungsoo escapes from Kai's grip and the surprise on his face was so obvious even in that dimmed room. "It felt so great when you kissed back." Kai slowly moves towards Kyungsoo.

"What the are you talking about, Jongin? We didn't kiss!!" Kyungsoo is sure because he cannot remember it but he knows Kai won't lie to him like this. So he's extremely confused and bothered looking away from Kai while trying to recall if they really did. He's having a mental block and he didn't notice Kai approaching him until he felt a hand around his nape. "Do you want me to remind you?" Kyungsoo notes that Kai's voice was full of lust and he doesn't like it. He doesn't like Kai acting like this. They were a sweet innocent "couple" before. They didn't go beyond hugging. They definitely didn't even kiss on the cheeks. So Kyungsoo pushes Kai back. He lands on his but he doesn't notice the pain. He's startled like he's escaped from a heavy spell of lust.

"You're disgusting, Jongin." Kyungsoo immediately stands up and heads to the door.

"Kyu-... H-hyung! I'm sorry!" Kai follows him and grabs his wrist again. Kyungsoo faces him and Kai sees he's angry so he loosens his grip. Kyungsoo sighs heavily while facing the taller man.

"Don't break up with Krystal. We all know you love her. You talk to me about her sometimes before you started dating her, even if you didn't directly tell me you like her but I know your feelings are genuine. They're so real they hurt me bigtime." Kyungsoo stops when he recalls all those forced smiles he has to give him while he's happily talking about his special someone. "But I want you to be happy, Jongin." Kyungsoo stops his tears from falling but his voice is trembling. "Krystal, I'm sure she loves you back. You guys look so good together, too. Such a perfect match." He smiles bitterly. "If we did kiss, I'm sorry, I was probably just too drunk that night. I'm sorry for kissing you back. It's definitey wrong." Kyungsoo doesn't hear any response. Kai's looking down the floor speechless. He's not sure if he's listening but he's letting it all out now. "It's...our first time that's probably why you're unable to forget it and confuse it with something else." Kyungsoo tries to explain.

"But we did have something else right?" Kai's crying again. Kyungsoo feels the urge to wipe those tears away but stops himself.

"It's too late, Jongin." He doesn't answer directly but Kai gets it. They did have something else but things were so complicated and no one was brave enough to confess. "Just forget about it. It's getting late. You need to take a rest." Kyungsoo turned back. "I'll go ahead. Clean up and make sure to be home." Kyungsoo's voice was stern. He walks out of the practice room. As the door closed, Kai feels like what he and Kyungsoo had officially ended. And he's hurt. Especially when before the heavy door closed, he saw Chanyeol waiting for Kyungsoo and embraced him right away.

 

---

Author's Note: The update took a long time. I'm sorry. I was in Japan having the time of my life and just got back to reality yesterday. Anyway, here's the update. :)