Bewilderment

Titanic

Three months later and EXO was going to start with another concert tour soon and Suho found it necessary to call a meeting where everyone is present. When finally they got a chance to eat dinner outside together, he took this opportunity to re-align with s.

EXO sat around a long rectangular table inside a private Korean dining hall. Sehun was sitting in one of the shorter side of the table followed by Suho, Kai,Chen and Xiumin on one of the longer sides. Across Sehun was Chanyeol. Across Suho's side was Lay, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo where Kyungsoo was nearest to Chanyeol and facing Xiumin. Each plate and bowl of food were served one by one and while all of them had their eyes feasting on the meals, Kai was looking at Kyungsoo as if he was figuring out something from the man's poker face. Chanyeol kept on nudging Kyungsoo's right elbow with his left and then pointing at a certain dish. Kyungsoo would nod but he does not smile. Sometimes, he would look annoyed and would slap Chanyeol's elbow away. Chanyeol would pout at this but continued on bugging Kyungsoo anyway. 

Is he fine now? I mean he's back to being cutely violent like this... Did I say cute?  Kai thinks and he did not stop staring at Kyungsoo until he glared at him. The kind of death glare that made Kai's heart skip a beat, mouth o-ed and hurt his nape for quickly looking away. Ouch. Pain was obvious on Kai's face. 

"Are you okay, Jongin?" Lay asked, the first to notice Kai's pained expression.

"Yes, hyung." Kai answered as he massaged his nape while taking short glances at Kyungsoo.  Jongin, get a hold of yourself.

Suho stood up and got everyone's attention by clapping his hands twice.

"Everyone, listen up!" The leader started. "We will be having a new concert tour on July this year. You know what this means, we will have to work harder for our fans as we will be showing them new stages and technology this year. You must have seen the new version of our lightstick." He continued.

"Yeah! It's pretty cool! It changes colors. I heard it will match some of our performances!" Baekhyun exclaimed looking very excited raising his fist as if he's holding a lightstick.

"That's right Baek. Aside from that, we might be having more challenging stages so let's try our best to still stay safe despite that." Suho said.

"Don't be overly excited on stage guys. We want all members dancing on stage. We don't want to disappoint our fans again." Chanyeol followed. Kai was half sorry hearing that but was half annoyed as well. Was he trying to scold me?

"Just don't get injured. Fans are happier when they see us healthy." Suho said and smiled lovingly at the members. "More than an awesome stage, I want to see my members complete and healthy." Everyone responded with a nod.

"That was really touching, Suho-hyung." Sehun said and patted the leader's right leg. When Suho noticed they were quiet and seemed like contemplating on serious matters, he raised his voice and said "Do you guys wanna hear a joke?" His eyes were twinkling and excited. While everyone went "Nooooo!", some were acting like they're about to leave the area and the members roared in laughter. Yes, even Kyungsoo was laughing but he was laughing with Chanyeol who was making some remarks and pointing at Suho. Kai liked the sight of Kyungsoo laughing. He felt genuinly happy.

"Kidding aside, there's this segment we'll be doing for this new concert tour that I'm really excited with." Suho started again and he already sat down but he made sure the members could see him.

"What is it?" Xiumin asked.

"There will be an acoustic part where we'll be singing our songs' acoustic version. Of course, Chanyeol and Lay are going to play the guitar and the rest will do the singing." Suho answered.

"Oh! Can we choose who stand or sit beside with?" Chanyeol asked gleefully.

"I think we can but hear this out first." Suho answered. "So facing the audience, the line will start with Chanyeol from the left followed by DO, Kai, Baekhyun, me, Chen, Sehun, Xiumin and Lay."

"Sounds great! The guitarists stay on both ends." Lay remarked. Chanyeol high-fived Kyungsoo upon hearing this and even if Kyungsoo didn't want to respond to Chanyeol, he eventually did anyway because Chanyeol insisted. Oh fudge is Jongin sitting beside Kyungsoo? Chanyeol's late reaction changed his facial expression which Kyungsoo noticed. The dishes were already ready to be devoured by the hungry idols so each one of them started to feed themselves but Kyungsoo and Chanyeol continued to talk.

"Did you just realize the arrangement will make me uncomfortable?" Kyungsoo whispered to Chanyeol who was wrapping a meat with sesame leaf.

"What? You beside me is competely perfect!" He answered wiggling his eyebrows.

"Not that, you dimwit! I meant -" Kyungsoo's words were blocked when Chanyeol stuffed his mouth with samgyeopsal he prepared. 

"You dimwit! Of course I know that..." He pouted in disbelief. Then he smiled and looked at Kyungsoo with caring eyes. "Don't worry, Kyungsoo. I got you." and Chanyeol winked at the small guy.

What the hell was that Chanyeol? Kai thought. He's been watching Kyungsoo and Chanyeol from the start.