All For Him

Titanic

Suho arrived just in time after Chanyeol and Kyungsoo faced their backs towards the practice room, ready to leave the area.

"What took you so long to return to the dormitory? I'm worried as hell!" Suho exclaimed. He's holding his phone and car key so they knew he brought his car. "Is Jongin inside?" Suho looks at Kyungsoo and noticed his slightly red eyes. "Oh- Kyungsoo-ssi! What happened?" He rushed to the smaller guy and held his shoulders. "Are you alright? Did you guys have a fight?" He decided to seek for answers from Chanyeol.

"Nothing, Suho-hyung. Let's just go home. And Jongin's inside." Kyungsoo answered instead and pointed his thumb towards the back.

"Ok, wait for me. Let's go home together." Suho said walking past the members who simultaneously looked at each other. They didn't want to make the issue any bigger so they waited for the leader to come out with Kai.

Suho, his arms wrapped around Kai, walked out of the room. Kai has already changed his clothes and fixed his hair enough to look fresh.

"Let's all go home." Suho said looking at Kyungsoo and Chanyeol who answered him with a nod. They walked behind Suho and Kai who did not make any sound until they got inside Suho's car.

The ride back to their dormitory was quiet. Suho gets it. Something must have happened. But the exhausted look on Kyungsoo and Kai's faces tells him to just wait for s to be ready to open up to him. Even the walk to the rooms was quiet. Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Kai are roommates and Kai was just reminded of that when he was already facing the door to their room. He's about to go inside when someone stopped him, "You better eat first and seriously freshen up." Kyungsoo said less stern this time. The younger merely followed without argument. He went straight to the kitchen and found food left for him. "Heat those up first." Kyungsoo followed Kai to the kitchen but stopped when Kai told him, "You don't have to tell me what to do." He sounded bitter and Kyungsoo knew exactly why so he slowly turned back and walked towards their bedroom where Chanyeol was already waiting.

"You alright now?" Chanyeol asked. He's sitting down on his bed watching Kyungsoo climb up to his bed.

"I'm not sure... I guess I'm not." Kyungsoo answered slowly lying down and covered himself with his blanket. "Good night, Chanyeol." He murmured but the room was so quiet it was not difficult for Chanyeol to understand what he said.

"I'll make sure Jongin eats his dinner and sleeps." Chanyeol said even though Kyungsoo didn't ask him to. He just thought it will give his friend a peace of mind at least. He doesn't hear a response and he hopes Kyungsoo's fallen asleep. Then he quietly walked out of their bedroom and headed to the kitchen where Kai was.

"Yo..." Chanyeol greeted Kai. He knew Kai was in deep thought when his shoulders jumped a bit, startled by his sudden appearance. There was no answer. He decided to sit on a chair across Kai. He wanted to catch his attention so he asked him directly, "Did you tell him?" Still no response. "I told you he forgot. You could have just let it pass." Chanyeol spoke with his hands clenched together on the table like he's about to do business with the guy in front of him.

"But I didn't forget and it's unfair." Finally, Kai answered. "Why am I the only one bothered here? Why am I the only one messed up? It's been days since that happened and I still can't forget about it. While he's.... he's moving on." Tears were threatening to fall from Kai's tired eyes again. He doesn't know why he's talking to someone who can possibly take Kyungsoo away from him but he's speaking to him anyway.

"You're being unfair here, too, Jongin-ssi." Chanyeol spoke like a caring brother to the younger. His statement made Kai look away from his food and look at him almost frowning. "And I know you're messed up like this because you know the right thing to do but it's against what you want now but you need to understand things. So you can talk to me, okay? I'll help you out."

Kai scoffs at what he heard. "Are you sure you're not doing this for yourself?"

Chanyeol frowns, "What?"

"I saw how you hugged him after he went out of the practice room. Seems like your chance has finally come." He proceeds to finish off his food.

Chanyeol thinks Kai was just frustrated so he controls himself. "Maybe we should just talk about this again next time. You're obviously tired, sorry." 

"Whatever." Kai stands up, heads to the sink and washed the utensils. He sighs, "Sometimes, I don't understand you, hyung. One day you're teasing and threatening and the next day you're concerned about me. Which one are you?" As soon as he finished washing quickly, he turned back to face Chanyeol sitting down, still has his back against him and the sink. There's silence, both thinking of what to say.

"This isn't the right time to tease you, Jongin." Chanyeol answered after sighing loudly. "I'm doing this because... because Kyungsoo's..." He's not sure whether he should tell him. "After all, Kyungsoo still cares about you even if he's moving on. And I can't stand it that he's worried about you when you're messed up like this. I want Kyungsoo smiling again. And I'll do anything to make that happen." He covered his face with his hands. "Ahh! why is this embarrassing?"

"You do like him." Kai bent his head as if in defeat. Smiling a bit.

"He doesn't know. It doesn't matter now. What matters now is you and your feelings." Chanyeol uncovers his face and holds Kai's shoulder and pats him. "When you're ready, you can always talk to me." He smiled and then headed back to their bedroom. "Oh, hurry up! Wash-up now and go to bed. I promised him that you'll sleep tonight."

Kai chuckles. He heads to the bathroom, washes himself and goes directly to their bedroom. His bathing time was just enough to make sure his hyungs have fallen asleep before he enters. Finally, all three of them were asleep and their bedroom was so peaceful masking the problem three of them have right now.