Rescue

Titanic

Suho went back to his bedroom. Xiumin and Chen went to the gym. Lay went to the practice room even if it was a rest day. As for Chanyeol, he was watching Kai and Kyungsoo from the living room and they're not talking yet. He's ready to run to them in case something happens. But he was also busy cheering on (or pretending to cheer on) Baekhyun and Sehun who were playing League of Legends against each other. They were noisy enough to block Chanyeol's eavesdropping but he does not allow himself to be caught off guard so he kept peeking.

There was only Kyungsoo's movements as he continued to wash the dishes. As dishes piled up, Chanyeol finally saw Kai move as he walked to get a dish cloth then went back beside Kyungsoo. Chanyeol did not notice it but his heart was beating faster and he's slowly moving away from Baekhyun and Sehun. He moved closer to the kitchen, enough to hear them, enough not to get distracted by the trash-talking in the living room. He placed his back against the wall of the kitchen where he won't be seen by Kai and Kyungsoo.

"I guess we're just fine like this." Kyungsoo started. Chanyeol can hear how sad his friend is. Relatively sad because he was obviously happy a few weeks ago. Despite being tired from concert tours, he was happy - being able to help Kai when he was injured, passing him a bottle of water despite Lay between them during ments, and fixing his collar for him on stage. 

"I'm sorry, hyung. It's just that I was so confused." Kai answered and he stopped drying the plates. "And I'm sorry that I did not tell you about Krystal and that you had to know about it like this." He continued. "I should have told you right away when I started liking her and seeing her-" He was cut off when a glass slipped off from Kyungsoo's hand landing on another glass. There were cracks on both glasses and Kyungsoo was about pick both to throw out but Kai stopped him.

"No hyung, you'll get hurt."

"I'll be fine, Jongin." Kyungsoo blocks Kai's approaching hands. 

"Please hyung, don't-"

"No Jongin. You stop!" And a pair of upset and angry eyes were looking straight at Kai. "Please, stop helping me out when I don't need it. Don't talk to me about random things. Stop calling me to go out with you when there are other members around you can choose. Stop trying to sing the songs I'm working on. Stay away from me." Kyungsoo said all of those in one breathing and he didn't realize a tear has already fallen. But Kai saw that and he wanted to comfort him, hold his cheek and wipe away the tears that were about to fall, hug him and take back- He couldn't believe himself for thinking that he can take back his decision on dating Krystal. He shook his head in disbelief and stopped looking at Kyungsoo before he went crazy. You're making me crazy, Kyungsoo...-hyung

When there was no more conversation, Chanyeol coughed before nearing the two.

"Kyungsoo, I need someone with me in my studio. Can you come?" He interrupted. Kyungsoo then continued his business, picked up the cracked glasses and carefull threw them to the garbage bin. "Oh, you're doing the dishes, ok lemme help you." He offered but Kyungsoo was already washing his hands.

"Finish it." Kyungsoo said as he wisked water off his hand.

"Ya! You know I don't do the dishes!" Chanyeol shouted at the small guy walking away from them. "Aiisshh..." He mumbled but he did the dishes anyway. 

"Chanyeol-hyung, take care of Kyungsoo-hyung for me." Kai said helping out Chanyeol this time.

"You don't need to tell me." He answered with his head bowed down to focus on the dishes. "I don't know what happened that you suddenly changed and you forgot about him just like that. But I might actually thank the heavens for this." He looked at Kai and smirked.

"What do you mean?" Kai looked so confused, wrinkles started to form on his forehead.

"You'll see." And Chanyeol placed the last pair of utensils he was washing on the extra dish cloth Kai had. "Have fun with Krystal!" He said as he walked away from the kitchen. He was whistling and Kai didn't like it. What the hell?