(3)

Freedom

3

“Oh my god, did you realize what you were doing?”

“Like ten minutes ago? At that café when I supposed to buy my favorite iced coffee?”

Joohyun only sets her gaze on her phone, checking whether the owner of that car has contacted her just yet. But to her dismay, there is none so the latter finds herself scrolling aimlessly and in doing so, fully ignoring her frustrated friend.

“Joohyun? Did you even hear me?”

She blinks and lifts her head to see a rather concerned look of Seungwan. “Yes?”

Joohyun watches as Seungwan quickly makes a way to sit next to her. “You tell me. What exactly happened to you?” The latter demands as she grabs a vacant seat before settling down and maintaining a stern glare. “You seem out of place and it’s so not you. I assume there’s more about it. I mean your earlier excuse?”

Seungwan raises her eyebrow. “Is that really about you got a flat tire this morning?”

The cornered woman rubs her face before finally facing her best friend. “I got into an accident this morning.” Joohyun starts timidly and it gets an opposite reaction from the other one as she screams in a slight panic tone. “Oh God! Did you hurt anywhere?”

Seungwan begins to examine for her possible wounds, thus Joohyun only responds with a weak smile. “Thank god I’m all okay. My limbs are still intact.” She jokes a bit before turning into a somber mood in a split of a second. “It’s not big actually, I just happened to run my car against another one in the parking lot.”

Forming another sigh, Joohyun then palms her own face.

“And the car I rammed was a sport car which is surely cost a lot. The dent is pretty much…ruining their car. I mean, I know they might have insurance or something but still…”

She trails with unfinished words. Now she can clearly see a sympathy expression painted on Seungwan’s face.

“You have informed the owner?”

“I did leave my contact, but so far there’s still no response.”

“Do you want me to accompany you while meeting them? Just in case,” Seungwan says in a hushed tone. “They turn out to be mafia or something?”

It strikes her. The chance of it to be true is high, might as well above fifty percent.

She looks at her friend, noting the seriousness she composes.

Joohyun doesn’t even sure if her friend who’s supposed to be supporting now, is joking or simply being serious at all. She can’t help but swallow hard at the possibility.

Upon seeing her friend’s reaction, Seungwan almost loses her cool as she keeps on laughing her off but she is fast enough to recover from her sudden outburst when Joohyun shots a dagger in her direction.

“Your face…”

Another muffled laughs. “Is… priceless. I can’t help it!”

Joohyun punches her friend’s shoulder as she doesn’t find her joke amusing at all.

Seriously? In this kind of situation? Joohyun can only roll her eyes.

“Hey! We are even! It’s for the drink you snatched away without my concern earlier!”

She shrugs and throws her gaze away. Now she is purposely snubbing her companion when Seungwan begins to brag about fairness.

Joohyun then closes her eyes, she still can’t shake the feeling out.

Mafia. She mumbles while she bites her lower lip.

Frankly enough, she fears that what Seungwan has said before might be right. Somehow.

If so, she is so totally doomed.

“Hey, you don’t have to think about it too much. I was kidding before. They might be kind enough to let you go without debt for all I know so yeah, keep praying.” She hears her friend talking and willingly nods, hoping for the best to happen this time around.

“Thanks Seungwan-ah…”

X

Joohyun stands quietly with back against her car, waiting patiently for the owner of this glamour car. She curses under her breath, feeling her body numb when the chilly winds come in contact with her skin.

As soon as she was done with her daily task, the only thing that came to her mind is the problem she got this morning. So, she wastes no time and immediately goes to the parking lot to end the matter as soon as her work is over.

But she regrets doing it, for not getting lunch or eating anything at all because the longer she stares at her watch, the longer it ticks at a slow pace. It’s been almost 5 hours since she decided to come down straightly from her workspace. She has been sitting in her own car ever since she came and now deciding to wait in the open-air as she feels bored waiting inside for hours.

She knows, she doesn’t need to do all of this as in waiting in the parking lot, but thinking that if she can directly tell the owner the moment they see it, she might able to convince them to forgive her and lessen the price of fixing their vehicle in a smaller budget as well.

Joohyun raises her hand and catches the current time. “If they won’t show up in ten minutes, I’ll go home right now.” She mumbles while glancing at the sport car. “They already have my contact anyway, why would I do this?”

Joohyun mumbles with a pout. “Why in the hell you need to waste your time waiting for them...”

She hears random whistles coming from behind her and immediately spins towards its direction. She squints her eyes when she catches a familiar figure. As the person gets closer, Joohyun is sure she might know that whistling person. It’s the girl whom she has met for the second time already. The one who by now has wobbly swayed her footing.

Seul-gi? Right it’s her name!

Joohyun thinks for a moment before she calls out. “Seulgi-ssi? Is that you?”

Seulgi stops singing random songs and tilts her head as if examining her. She rounds the car and comes closer, standing in front of Joohyun who only stares back at her with confusion painted on her face. It doesn’t take long before Seulgi greets her in a high pitched voice.

“Hiiiiiiiii Joohyunieeeeee!!!!”

Joohyun takes a step back when the woman before her begins to lean forward with a wide splitting smile. Well, the absent of honorific is indeed surprising.

“Do I look young?”

Not only she starts to shorten her name and yell it out like she was her best friend for life. Her random question is making Joohyun constantly blink her eyes in confusion as well.

Seulgi narrows her eyes when she gets no response in return. She uses her hands to gently bring her attention, by palming her hands on both of Joohyun’s cheeks. “Answer me! Do I look young to you?”

“W-what?”

Joohyun catches a whiff of alcohol coming from her and can figure out the reason behind her unexpected antics.

“Uhmm…” She is about to excuse herself as she can’t handle a drunk person that well, when she has another urgency that is. As she takes time to think the sudden blast of ringtone coming from Seulgi has made her jump in surprise.

She tries to calm her heartbeat while she exhales out loud, cursing her weak heart in the process.

Seulgi’s phone doesn’t stop blaring ever since it has started to ring and it begins to get on Joohyun’s nerves.

But it seems like the owner doesn’t give any damn about it.

“Answer me!”

“You need to answer your call first, Seulgi.” She tries to talk it out softly, afraid of upsetting this drunken person. “Then I will answer your question.”

“Promise?” She nearly laughs when Seulgi stares at her with big puppy eyes in return.

She is surely drunk.

Joohyun nods and gently peels Seulgi’s hands from her cheeks because it begins to sting a bit. “I promise.”

Seulgi reaches to grab her phone and answers the call hastily, wanting to end it as fast as possible. “Yo, this is Kang Seulgi speaking! How can I help you with?”

“…”

She hears someone’s yell from the other side and sees Seulgi grinning.

“I’m in a wonderland!” Seulgi exclaims brightly. She suddenly catches her staring and puts a serious expression.

“Ask Joohyuniee here if you don’t believe me!”

“What?”

Joohyun doesn’t have a chance to dodge her thrown question as Seulgi has already put her phone in front of her face. She slowly brings Seulgi’s phone near her ear and mouths ‘okay’ to the latter.

“Excuse me, who is this?” The male voice from the other side speaks first.

“Ehm… Hello I’m Bae Joohyun who is happened to meet Seulgi in her drunken state.” Joohyun says in a hushed tone while she occasionally throws several glances towards Seulgi. She hears his reply and then turns to scan the surroundings, pinpointing their current position. Seulgi does as well but she ends up spinning around in a circle, resulting Joohyun to stop her quickly before the latter loses her balance and falls later on.

“We are in Hwang enterprise’s parking lot, on the ground floor section B1.”

She immediately retrieves her phone back, after whoever is that responsible for Seulgi will come and pick her up. “You wait here okay? Don’t move. They will come and pick you up.”

Joohyun is about to bid her goodbye, when this time around, Seulgi quickly grabs her hands and effectively halts her from moving any further.

“Do I look that young?”

She doesn’t know what to respond so she only nods in the end. Seulgi’s face looks satisfied as the woman tries to curve her eyes while smiling brightly. “I’m Seulgi! Twenty-seven years old and I look young!”

Joohyun can’t help but giggle inwardly to witness this stranger behaving weirdly right in front of her. In a matter of second her hearty giggle turns into a series of shrieks the moment Seulgi loses her unlikely stability and suddenly drapes her body forward, fully leaning towards her. She almost falls behind for not expecting to be the receiving end of her weight.

She circles her hands around Seulgi’s waist to secure her from sliding down her hold. Being the smaller one between them isn’t really helping at all, Joohyun utters to herself when she tries to get a hold of their joined bodies.

“I’m tired,” Seulgi mumbles unconsciously as she shifts to position her head on Joohyun’s shoulder, snuggling even closer. The sudden stunt has left Joohyun to stare at nothing in particular and when she feels steady breaths fanning her neck thus she begins to shake Seulgi’s body brutally.

“No! Please wake up!”

“…”

No response coming from her and Joohyun is starting to use violence in order to sober her up.

“Please not now! Oh my God!”

She shouts in disbelief, pushing Seulgi’s body out of her. She places both of her hands on Seulgi’s shoulders to put a distance between them. “I beg you, Seulgi!!!”

When Seulgi seems to ignore her desperate cries and choose to rigidly sleep in this kind of condition thus Joohyun finally admits her defeat. With much difficulty she drags Seulgi towards her own car and brings her inside, letting her occupy the back seat. Joohyun just can’t believe her fate as she closes her door’s car and waits outside.

“Could anything turn worse than it already is?”

X

“Rise and shine you little rascal.”

Seulgi bats her eyes repeatedly when the rays of light abruptly make its way to her vision. A shot of pain is suddenly striking in as she tries to get up from her current position. Her hands quickly reach up to ease her pounding head.

“Where were you going last night?” The bed dips and Heechul come into view when she opens her eyes. He gives her a glass of water along with a painkiller and Seulgi devours it almost immediately.

“You can’t handle a drink yet you still ought to get one.”

She quietly swallows and closes her eyes, feeling the pain slowly subside. “I was strolling in a park near downtown for almost two hours straight. I walked aimlessly after buying two cans of beer and I have no idea after that…”

Joohyuniee……..

Joohyunieeeeee…….

Seulgi’s eyes spring open as she remembers something. That woman!

“Oh my God what did I do?”

As if her cousin understands what’s going on inside her mind, he casually tells her some details regarding last night encounter.

“You know Seulgi, you should thank this woman who was kind enough to let you invading her car.” Heechul leans backward while he casually uses his hands to support his weight. “If I were her, I will definitely kick you out as you might empty all your dinner in the back seat, so be grateful you met her instead of me.”

“Wait… wait!” She looks at him in a hurry. “Did I do something crazy?”

Heechul only shrugs his shoulder. “Don’t have any idea because when I picked you up last night, you were already slumping onto her back seat with no care. I don’t know what you did before that, but something humiliating was likely possible.”

Seulgi sinks in embarrassment almost immediately, recalling that she tends to act strangely under the influence of alcohol. Moreover, to this person she barely knows, it even bothers her.

She cups her own cheeks and huffs quietly, feeling stupid of herself.

“Anyway, I didn’t have time to pick up my car last night nor do I have time to do it today. You still left it in that parking lot right?” Heechul asks and she nods lazily. “You may bring it later when you are sober enough to drive. Don’t crash my car, remember that.”

Seulgi rolls her eyes at his remark. “Oh, gee. I’m not that reckless you know.”

“Uh… sure smartass.” His lips stretch into a smirk. “But I’m afraid you might drool on her backseat though.”

He gets up and ruffles her hair playfully, before strolling out with another remark in a tow. “Bye bye little rascal.”

Seulgi’s jaw drops slightly at his previous comment and she can’t help but yell in return.

“YAH! I’AM NOT!”

She hears his hysterical laughter echoing and sulks instantly. The silence ensues after Kim Heechul’s thunder remarks has started her day and she recalls a bit of her last night hazy memories.

Joohyunieeee…..

She cringes and shakes her head at the bizarre flashback. I should thank her.


Hi! Thanks for reading, subscribing, and upvoting this story!! I appreciate it though! Glad that you're enjoying this story :)))
.
.
.

On a side note, I'm so happy to be able to watch RV's performance in my country kkkkkk..... Irene was so crazily beautiful! As a matter of fact, all of the members were insanely gorgeous! Seulgi was such a cute bubbly bear! At the last performance Joy was easily startled and I laughed hard when she was trying to keep a straight face kkkk Oh my god Wendy our fluffy hamster was so flawless and the last one this little maknae who was so hyped to peek through the curtains when the show didn't even start yet. She was such a cutie! 

Okay stop with the ramblings, my inner-fangirl-self is trying to break free and I don't want to chase my readers away lol 
I was watching them in a daze, the tiredness I felt during the time to exchange my ticket went away the moment I saw them in flesh lol It was such an unforgettable moment in my life!
Hope someday we can meet them sooner through their own concert right, Reveluvsssssss!