(14)

Freedom

14

“Wow…”

“I look different…” Joohyun flickers her eyes at her own reflection and then at the smiling woman standing beside her. “Thank you for your help, Ms. Jung.”

“You’re welcome and you look beautiful.” Krystal takes a step back to admire her work, watching as Joohyun twirls in her feet with disbelief. “Do you mind if I take a picture of you? You don’t have to pose at all, a candid photo is more than enough.” She adds while taking her phone out in the process, the corner of her lips pulling up into a wide smile. “It’s for my future reference.”

“Sure.” Joohyun quietly replies, having her gaze trained on the mirror yet again. She still can’t get enough of her own transformation. The reflection of someone standing across her is simply not her. She darts her eyes down to see her face looking exceptionally different, or so she thinks.

She doesn’t know that following the stylist’s suggestion of letting her hair down would make any difference—she nearly has her hair down for every occasion, basically every day so she doesn’t really expect anything.

However, it’s not the case.

Getting it slightly curled, creating a flow of waves  that’s more focused on the edges of her hair totally deserves a praise as it adds a change to her recent appearance. Her hair cascades down flawlessly with volume and wave. Merely putting the pearl earrings to complete the look, Joohyun doesn’t need to use a lot of accessories because it’s not as necessary anymore. All courtesy of Krystal’s recommendation as well. A small clutch bag that’s matched with her black dress is all she needs to go for the night.  

Her overall makeup is indeed natural. Krystal says so that the bold one would not do the work for now, but she does add some touch around her eyes. Joohyun takes a moment to discern her current look, how her eyebrows are nicely drawn and how sparkling her eyes now. She has never had a time to do an eye makeup on her daily basis, so it feels slightly shocking to encounter the change the moment she opens her eyes.

“The red lipstick would do the trick. You don’t need to worry,” Krystal mumbles from her side and she stares at her own red colored lips. True enough, it doesn’t look out of place when she had originally thought that it would make her look somewhat bold. It turns out way better as it compliments her fair skin with its distinct red color.

Joohyun hums in agreement. At this point, she begins to doubt whether she would ever recover from the shock.

Her gaze trails down to see the black velvet off-shoulders dress hugging her entire body fittingly with the lace at the top as the highlight of her look. The dress falls down on her upper thighs just as nicely, not short enough to make her uncomfortable, in fact it makes her look slightly taller with a great proportion. And Joohyun likes how soft the material feels under her skin as well. The dress is somewhat simple, but it’s able to pull out a classy look in its own way and Joohyun is more than thankful about the fact that Krystal has generously lent it for her to use tonight.

She looks even lower to see her feet clad in a pair of black heels, which is she happened to find among the box full of shoes she rarely uses. Krystal has stated earlier that it suits the occasion, so Joohyun slips on it with her confidence building up.  

And here she is, standing momentarily to examine her recent alteration.

The sound of shutter finally breaks her small stupor and Joohyun turns in her place with a surprised look. 

“Oops, sorry for the sound.” Krystal says sheepishly, inserting her phone back inside her bag. “We’re set to go.” She happily announces as she starts arranging her stuffs back. Joohyun glances at the ticking clock on the wall and realizes that it’s indeed the time. She takes a deep breath and holds the clutch bag tighter.

It feels surreal.

“It’s okay, I’ll be going there as well.” The tall woman cracks a small smile and Joohyun blinks to herself. “You do?”

“Yeah, my boss has requested me to come along.” Krystal lifts her belongings and starts walking. “Let’s go.”

“Is it Seulgi?”

Krystal shakes her head with a laugh. “No, it’s my other boss.”

“Ah,” Joohyun utters as they walk together to exit her apartment. “That’s explain how fancy your dress it is then. It turned out that you come to the event as well.” She locks the door and turns to see Krystal waiting for her. “You look absolutely stunning though, I’d have even mistaken you as a model if you didn’t introduce yourself as a stylist before.”

They continue exchanging small talks during their time inside the lift. “I’m a model myself,” Krystal swiftly chimes in with a knowing smile, causing Joohyun to stare back at her. “But I work as a stylist as well. So, I kind of know what is going to work and whatnot to support my appearance.”

“You are a model?”

“Yes I am, but you probably won’t recognize me though.” She casually says, leaning on the wall with ease. “I do a small modeling in America.”

“Whoa.” Joohyun is speechless. Although she has partially guessed that Krystal wasn’t a mere stylist from the start, it’s still unbelievable.

Krystal definitely belongs to people from Seulgi’s status and she is proven right all along. The tall woman gives off this certain cold and intimidating aura, hasn’t she smiled earlier Joohyun would be dying in awkwardness during the time of her makeover, though by the time they converse, Krystal is nothing sort of being rude or cold at all.

“That’s why you looked familiar!” Joohyun suddenly remembers. “My boss is a fashion enthusiast and American fashion has been greatly influencing her everyday style. No wonder I thought I’ve somewhat seen you featured in one of the magazines she keeps as her collections.”

“And it’s not small, you were like featured on the front cover though.” Joohyun adds later as she watches the number of floors changing. She then glances at her again, offering a meek smile. “Sorry for not recognizing you right away.”

“Well, it’s not a big deal. I’m actually impressed that you even recognized me.” Krystal lets out a giggle, still watching her keenly. “I can tell that you’re a very great companion and now I understand why the first thing Seulgi said to me was all about you, Ms. Bae.”

“You can call me by Joohyun since you’ve even called Seulgi by name already.” Joohyun quickly steps outside by the time they have reached the lobby and waits for her companion to catch up. They pick up their pace again and only stop when they have stood in the lobby, waiting for the to come. “And what do you mean by that? Did she happen to badmouth me?”

“You can do the same by calling me Krystal,” the raven-haired woman merely grins. “Well, Seulgi doesn’t do such a thing though, so rest assured.”

“I’m kidding. I know Seulgi is not that kind of person either.” She lets out a small chuckle and Krystal joins her in a laughter.

The elegant metallic car stopovers just about the time in front of the lobby and a young handsome man in a tuxedo steps outside the ride with a polite smile. Joohyun is about to ask about her former question again, but Krystal’s abrupt shriek has successfully made her jump in surprise.

“Jongin!!!”

The earlier man’s eyes widen and Joohyun takes her moment to observe them. “Ms. Jung, welcome back.” She watches him helping Krystal to put her belongings inside the trunk and Joohyun stays in place as the man goes back and forth.

“I’ll hitch by this ride, okay? Seulgi owes me.” Krystal announces and the man named Jongin quickly nods his head in return.

He finally switches his attention to her. His smile is a bit apologetic though.

“Good evening, Ms. Bae. Sorry for the delay, I’m Kim Jongin and I’ll be escorting you along Ms. Jung towards the event for tonight.” He bows and motions at the passenger door as he opens it for both of them. “Please welcome inside, ladies.”  

X

“Whoa, I’m glad you’re coming!”

Seulgi keeps shut and walks past her cousin at a fast pace instead. It will be absolutely better if she is not forced to come and attend this party, why is she keeping up with it in the first place? What kind of image shall she keep? Seulgi almost sneers, whose image that shall be maintained by her to begin with?

Sensing the gloomy air emits without fault around Seulgi, the man chooses to follow her almost immediately when he realizes her taking a larger stride towards the hidden exit door. They leave the grand ballroom behind, passing through the door and Heechul stays in place when his cousin slumps down her weight at one of the stairs, taking a sloppy seat. He swiftly shuts the door behind him. “Hey, why are you here?”

The younger woman looks up as she sees Heechul slowly stepping closer. “Why are you following me here?”

“Because you don’t look okay,” he casually replies and joins to sit beside her. “Why are you in such a hurry?”

“Why are you so nosy?” Seulgi retorts back and Heechul shrugs it off. He leans back, his eyes still scanning her.

“You know it already.” Seulgi finally relents. She answers reservedly as she heaves a reluctant sigh after a moment of silence. She recalls the event inside, where all those people gathering and chatting around, frowning stealthily at the memory when her father starts introducing her as his dear daughter in front of people that come by. Not to mention, he has even had the audacity to pair her up with his partner’s sons. Seulgi almost scoffs when she recalls it. Another matchmaking disguised in a lame talk about learning.

She mumbles audibly as she lets her gaze stay planted on the wall.

“Have you ever felt being tired of pretending to be happy?”

She asks out of the blue, feigning a small smile as her eyes dance around the door leading to the party inside.  

Heechul follows her line of sight and clears his throat. He catches her implied meaning despite her try of masking it out in a nonchalant tone. He tries to talk it out. “Is that what you truly feel?” 

“Most of the time,” her answer disperses into a faint titter, though her eyes appear wooly when the blank wall is all that she can perceive as she roves her gaze to the side. He keeps his mouth closed when Seulgi adds in a firmer tone. “It’s an inevitable feeling. It goes worsened when it starts to affect you, leaving you wonder to yourself because you don’t even know who you are anymore.”

“Funny is it?” She finally settles her gaze at him, her smile almost breaking. “I should be happy.” 

Seulgi’s eyes remain blank as Heechul tries to read her. He carefully probes with, “Is it because of him?”

And that is all it takes for her cousin’s expression to darken.

“Who else?” Seulgi closes her vision as she tries to inhale some air, it suddenly feels suffocating.  “I’m tired of playing that obedient daughter role in front of people.”

“You’re still his daughter.”

“That he keeps to maintain a certain image.” Seulgi accentuates, nearly derisive. “It’s highly unlikely he would see me the other way, he has changed a lot after that day.”

Her gaze dimly falls on the tiled floor. “And after meeting that woman.”

“Not trying to be rude here,” Heechul reminds her. “But she is your mother, Seulgi.”

Seulgi rapidly snaps up, eyes almost livid as she returns his concern gaze. “She is not.” She seethes, “she will never replace my mother.”

Seulgi looks away. The clench of her jaws doesn’t go unnoticed by him though Heechul decides to let it slip and remain silent. The fact that his cousin is still in the same state of refusing to accept her stepmother for years already, it honestly breaks Heechul’s heart as he hears her confessing now.

“And yeah, even after all my earnest try to put up with his demand, in the end of the day, it would never be enough.” 

Heechul chews the inside of his cheek as Seulgi gives him the same pained look—the same one she has displayed when the latter admitted to him that she was tired of everything.

Another moment passes between them until Seulgi breaks the dreaded silence by herself. She runs her fingers against her brown hair, regaining her long gone composure with a long intake of breath. As if feeling ashamed of her own little outburst, the apology word flies out in a faint whisper. “I’m sorry.”   

Heechul casts a glance and hums in a silent understanding. He draws his hand out and places it on her left shoulder, pulling her closer. “You did a great job.” He tenderly pats her, letting her know that he will always be there for her. “Please don’t hesitate to tell me if it’s too hard for you to handle. I’ll do whatever it takes to make you happy again. I promise.”

“I know.” Seulgi nods her head, looking at him back gratefully. “Thank you, oppa.”

He answers her reply with a squeeze on her shoulder.

Seulgi tilts her head and lays her head to rest on his shoulder comfortably.

Heechul will always be that big brother figure she wishes to have in her life. Since they were kids, he would look after her and took an utmost care of her, although most of the time, he did not show it in a normal way, even until now.

They act and joke around each other as if they are real siblings and Seulgi truly cherishes him with all her heart because it is the actual moment when she feels like she has a family who actually loves her for who she really is.

X

“We’ve arrived, ladies.” Jongin notifies behind the wheel before he gets up and opens his door.

Joohyun feels like she’s momentary fazed as the car finally stops moving, the door to her right soon opens with the help of the gentleman who stands by the main entrance she has seen from afar.

The nervousness building up as she reads the hotel name. The Park Hyatt.

The same hotel where Tiffany has been meaning to attend according today’s schedule. She doesn’t expect herself to attend such a grand party, now that it finally sinks in, it only dreads Joohyun whole being. The urge to smack her own head for recklessly agreeing to help Seulgi is getting stronger by a second.

“Good evening, Ms. Bae.”

Joohyun almost gets her footing wrong when she hears the greeting being addressed to her by a very familiar voice. She lifts her head to see Seulgi standing there, opening the door wider for her. The light coming from the lobby might be playing some trick on her because, why does Seulgi look glowing right there?

Joohyun tries to shake the image out and watches her step instead. She doesn’t want to make the fool out of herself by stumbling upon her first step. “T-thank you,” she manages to squeeze a reply as she makes her way out, mentally slapping herself for that unnecessary stutter.

Seulgi returns her gratitude with a beam as she closes the door behind. Joohyun has to remind herself that this standing woman is still the same boss who pinky promised her to stay friends. The same friend who almost stabbed a man with her fishcake skewer and the same person who stubbornly refused to call her unnie as well.

So, Joohyun really needs to get a grip on herself.

“Kang Seulgi,”

She whirls her head around to see Krystal marching her way from the other side of the car with an almost nostalgic smile towards them. “Don’t you miss me?”

The tall figure then comes into a stop and throws her hands around Seulgi, squeezing her tight. Joohyun merely tugs her own dress when Krystal suddenly stoops in to peck Seulgi by her cheek. Joohyun doesn’t even know why in the hell she is watching, but the atmosphere has abruptly turned awkward for her liking after she sees them interacting.

She takes several steps to the side, giving them some space while waiting patiently until they’re done hugging. As much as she hates being left to suffer this awkward situation, Joohyun doesn’t wish to have herself attending a very prestigious party alone. She has to wait for Seulgi no matter what.

Thankfully, someone out there feels the same way as she is because Jongin has just appeared beside her, offering his hand to assist her moving. “Do you mind if I you towards the lobby?”  

She gives a polite smile. “I-“

“I do mind,” both Joohyun and Jongin look back to spot Seulgi no longer hugging Krystal and is approaching them now.

“Thanks for the help Jongin, but I think Krystal need your help with the belongings back there.” She motions at Krystal who waves at the gesture near the trunk. “I’ll be the responsible one because Ms. Bae is my guest for tonight.”

Jongin nods in understanding, “Alright Ms. Kang.” He then scurries to the other side to help Krystal, leaving them alone in the process.

“Sorry about earlier, Krystal happened to miss choking me out.”

Seulgi is just being Seulgi. So after randomly remarking, Joohyun really should not be surprised to watch Seulgi playing a role of a butler or a gentleman on the spot. Because all Seulgi does is offering her hand forward, gesturing her to take it with a wide smile.

And it does catch Joohyun out of guard when Seulgi asks in the gentlest tone she has ever heard coming from her, “Shall we go inside Ms. Bae?”

X

“Do I look decent?”

Seulgi really doesn’t do much about her hair, that’s Joohyun first thought. She lets it fall straight to her shoulders. Joohyun has practically seen her hair being styled that way when they happen to hang around, but for some reason she finds Seulgi’s hair really stand out the most. 

Joohyun watches as she spins coolly with a neat black blazer covering her equally black shirt, perfectly complementing her fair features despite the lack of effort. The necklace of her rectangular black stone, which is framed with gold color is dangling as she turns to face her.

Seulgi is donned in a suit and pants instead of a dress like the one she uses and it is honestly giving such a vibe of maturity and authority that Joohyun has never thought Seulgi actually possess. It makes her look so charismatic in the first glance without even losing her feminine charm as she gears up in her equally black prominent high heels. And to simplify her current appearances in a single word, it is dazzling. Seulgi looks dazzling tonight.

A hint of a smile appears on Seulgi’s lips a moment later. “Thank you.”

Joohyun halts herself from uttering an answer. She blinks back at her in confusion. “I’ve not said anything yet though.”

“You did,” Seulgi replies. “You said I look dazzling tonight.”

It takes everything in Joohyun not to scream like a mad person at the moment. She palms her own mouth right away, afraid to burst out everything that’s meant to be kept inside. She tosses her gaze around, having to see Seulgi smiling in her direction is somewhat unsettling now. “Where is Krystal?”

“She needs to meet someone first, so she will join the party later.” Seulgi shortly responds which Joohyun retaliates with a small hum. She glances at her companion when she hears Seulgi cackling to herself, her eyebrow arches automatically. “Huh? Why are you laughing?”

“I thought I would put myself in shame by standing beside you.” By now, Seulgi is nowhere stifling any laugh. A soft smile is presented on her lips when she says, “Because you look really beautiful tonight that I feel slightly insecure.”

Joohyun tries to recover herself from looking at Seulgi’s dark brown eyes too much. She assumes that Seulgi might have done an eye makeup as well because her eyes now are gleaming under the poor lighting of the lift.

“That’s why you shouldn’t send your stylist away.” She returns the flatter with a roll of her shoulder. Deep inside Joohyun wants nothing but fly outside this cramped lift in a hurry, because the look Seulgi gives has made her feeling weird.

“You’re really something, you know that?” Seulgi remarks with a small laugh.

Joohyun acknowledges with a nod of her head and slowly brings her gaze towards the metal door. She still has her hidden smile gracing up her own lips when she finally realizes her earlier inner thought about the other person.  

What maturity? Joohyun finds herself frowning. And what authority?

“Thank you for coming, Joohyun.”

She immediately glances down when she feels a sudden warmth seeping through her left palm, it turns out Seulgi has given her hand a warm squeeze to ease her tensed body. After knowing her for a while, Joohyun has learned that Seulgi is the type that will never initiate any skinship. Unlike the kind of comfortable friendship she shares with Sooyoung or Seungwan, both Seulgi and Joohyun rarely compliment each other, let alone doing skinship openly as she is with her other friends.  

Well, it’s not like she is uncomfortable with Seulgi, it just happens that way. That’s just how they are. So, it’s quite a surprise to see this unexpected gesture initiated by Seulgi like a few hours ago with the car key accident or back then in the bar when the latter had helped her.

“Why are you holding my hand?”

“I figure out that you need a mental boost so here I am.” Seulgi’s eyes are curved into a crescent and it warms Joohyun’s heart to be the receiving end of her caring side. Though it leads her to wonder what will happen to them if Seulgi ever finds out about her buried secret.

Because Joohyun begins to cherish their newfound friendship and she intends to keep it lasting for as much as she can. 

“Don’t feel nervous. I’m not going anywhere.” Seulgi quietly mumbles and Joohyun nods in return.

She squeezes the hand in her softly, hoping when the time finally comes for her to be completely honest, Seulgi will not leave her side like the others.

“Please don’t leave me?” Joohyun casts her head down, feeling a bit shy at her own request. “I don’t want to be left alone.”

She can feel herself beaming with a happy face when she hears Seulgi granting her request just as willingly, “Rest assured. I don’t plan to leave you at all.”

Joohyun hopes that her answer remains the same until she has the courage to tell Seulgi a truth about herself. “Thanks, Seulgi.”

X

“Joohyun? You’re here too-“

A pause as the mentioned woman quickly spins on her heels and so Seulgi who stands alongside her.

“-wait you’re with Seulgi? I mean, Ms. Kang?”

They hear a gasp ensues when a woman in white long dress marches hurriedly towards their direction, “Tiffany unnie.” Joohyun catches another person tailing behind her boss. “Taeyeon unnie?”

Taeyeon cheekily grins back, casually striding after the taller woman. By the time she joins them, Tiffany has already probed Joohyun with, “You didn’t tell me that you’re going to be here?”

“I requested her company, Tiffany unnie.” Seulgi offers a smile at the confused woman. “Anyway, Seulgi is fine.” Then she shifts her gaze at Taeyeon who barely holds herself from yawning. The younger woman merely smirks. “And I don’t know that you fancy this kind of party as well, Ms. Kim?”

“You know my preference, Ms. Kang.” Taeyeon plays along before finally muttering in a curt tone. “Tiffany literally dragged me to come here.” The brunette replies with a grunt, resulting Joohyun to stare back in a complete confusion at their unexpected interactions.

“Wait-” she interrupts. “You two know each other?”

“Seulgi’s company is my long-time client,” Taeyeon laughs then, after a moment, tries to compose herself as she sees Joohyun throwing a look back and forth between them. “So yeah, we do know each other.”

Seulgi giggles along as she nods “Small world indeed.”   

“You always decline if I request your company to attend any party.” Tiffany audibly mumbles, making the other figures stop laughing and watch her in expectation.

Joohyun leers at Seulgi before bringing her focus back to the two older women in front of them. “She was tricking me.”

“I’m not, okay?” Seulgi defends herself. “You could even say no.”

“But-” Joohyun can feel her head aching when Seulgi starts raising her brows from the corner of her eye. This won’t end easily. She looks around and spots another familiar person swaying near the booth in the corner. “Is Hyoyeon unnie here too?”

“Oh, Ms. Kim is here?” Seulgi refers to the attorney she currently works with and turns around in search as well. “Where is she?”

“Yes,” Tiffany answers, motioning towards the direction. “She is at the DJ booth.”

“What? They have a DJ booth?”

Joohyun looks back at Seulgi’s surprised expression. “Why are you so shocked? It’s your party.”

“I didn’t have any idea about it and it’s not my party.” Seulgi nonchalantly shrugs and glances over the two older women. “Why don’t you guys join her though?”

“I don’t wish to leash my inner animal party out and have people questioning their deal with my company later, while Taeyeon here is too lethargic to even move a muscle.” Tiffany sheepishly laughs it off whereas Taeyeon grimaces at the last remark.

“I don’t appreciate the insult, but I can definitely second her earlier statement. Tiffany is loud as heck.”

Joohyun and Seulgi can’t help themselves from chuckling as they watch them arguing.     

“The night is still young, right ladies?”

The four of them gradually stops laughing and turn to see a man in his late fifties, standing with another younger man who looks definitely handsome and well groomed by his side.

“Enjoying the party so far?” The older man asks, gesturing his hands towards the surroundings with a proud smile.

“We do enjoy it, Mr. Kang.” Taeyeon replies on behalf of the others, prompting a smile as his face lits up. “Happy 30th anniversary to the company, Mr. Kang. A great milestone that speaks consistency and dedication. There’s still much more to achieve, so let’s work even harder.”

“Thank you Ms. Kim. Being modest as always, we owe you the success itself.” His eyes wrinkle a lot as he beams back and sees Tiffany. His smile goes wider at the sight. “Ms. Hwang!”

“Mr. Kang,” Tiffany exclaims with a polite smile. “How have you been?”  

“Been great, thanks to you Ms. Hwang. The progress is marvelous and I can’t wait to see our new establishment leading the way in the electronic sector.” He lets out a small laugh, turning to look at his daughter. “I believe our Seulgi here is more than ready. Don’t you feel thrilled Seulgi?”

“Of course, father.” Seulgi’s demeanor stiffens though she is able to subtly pull a tight smile. “I can’t wait no more.”  

“That’s my daughter.”

The man reaches to pat her shoulder and Seulgi tries hard not to visibly flinch at the affectionate gesture. It’s fake and means nothing to her. She wonders whether the rest have noticed it too, but she can’t be careless. One thing for sure, her father doesn’t give any damn about it either as he withdraws his hand back.

“Oh, let this gentleman join us as well.”

He cues towards the younger man and the latter gladly complies. “Hello ladies,” he politely bows and offers them a charming smile. “Mr. Lee is way too old for me so please refer me by Minhyuk instead. It’s an honor to be here and to meet you all amazing ladies tonight.”

“He’s the CEO of Lee Corporation. I’m sure you know about the success of his entertainment agency?” The older man adds with a smile. “That boyband who sells amazingly in the US is under his company as well.”

“Oh I like their music.” Tiffany chimes and he laughs it off with a wave of his hand. “Thank you, Ms. Hwang.”

The older man finally roves his eyes at Joohyun as he scans around. “Who is this gorgeous lady in black?”

Suddenly, it feels a little bit tensing when they give her the attention. The clutch around her small bag tightens and Joohyun manages to compose herself in the last minute, “My name is Bae Joohyun,” she gives a slight bow and straightens up with a small smile, hoping to appear less stressed in front of them.  

“A very beautiful name suits the person herself.” He then tilts his head in wonder. “Pardon me to ask, but which company are you with? You’re quite a new one aren’t you? I’d have noticed if you’re one-”

“She is from Hwang Enterprise.” Seulgi quickly speaks up, cutting the small talk off. Much to Joohyun and the other’s surprise. She doesn’t even bat an eye. “Is there anything you want to discuss, father?”

“Ah.” He nods in acknowledgement, still having his smile presented. “I hope you enjoy the party so far, Ms. Bae.”

Joohyun affirmatively nods, casting her shock aside to give him a proper answer. “Yes, thank you Mr. Kang.”

He returns with a smile and roams his gaze around them again. “Well it’s a really great talk ladies, but please excuse us for a moment. I’ve something to say to my daughter in private. Please enjoy our celebration.” He then bows his head and signals towards the other man along with Seulgi to follow his lead.

“Enjoy the party.” Seulgi mouths at her with a grin, before she picks her pace to trail the men in a haste. 

Perhaps if Joohyun doesn’t catch the dim in her eyes right after she turns around, she will definitely enjoy the party with the help of her current companion.

However, she doesn’t seem to shake the solemn look on Seulgi’s face, though it stays momentary.

Joohyun quietly observes the withdrawing figure, pondering at the change in Seulgi’s behavior. In a span of a day, she has seen various sides of Seulgi she doesn’t know about. And just like that one time when Seulgi left her for the restroom at the art exhibition, with an expression she can’t actually figure out—it seems like Joohyun no longer knows her.

And when the younger woman is completely out of the sight, Joohyun realizes the fact that even though she is not alone anymore, Seulgi’s still the one who left a promise not to leave her earlier.


Hello hello sorry for the late late update!
OMG this fic is actually one year old and yet seulrene is still :') Nonetheless, happy anniversary to this fic!!
I hope you still find the enjoyment in reading this fic despite their snail's pace progress hahaha
Thank you for commenting, subscribing and upvoting this story! I really really appreciate it! ^^
Until the next time do stream #COOKIEJAR and wait for their (hopefully) korean comeback!
Have a very nice day everyone~

Ps. And oh, bad boy english version snapped me.