Caught

My Unconditional Love

I walked into school and everyone was staring. It made me feel uncomfortable. Never in my life did I get this much attention. 

"Chaekyung ah! Yah!!" I heard someone call my name and turned around to see Ailee. She had a peice of paper in her hand. 

Ailee ran towards me and then pulled me into a classroom with no one in it. 

"Yah!.... Did you tell Myungsoo that you like him?" She looked at me seriously. I shook my head and was kind of confused. 

"Well... Myungsoo oppa gave me this, he found it in his locker" She handed me a peice of paper. The paper was a confession letter. I stared at it and my jaw dropped. It was from one of my journals. I dropped the paper out of my hand and fell to my knees.

"I didn't even give it to him, so why was it in his locker!?!" I whined. Ailee chuckled and shook her head. 

"Its not that serious but... I think Woohyun did jt" she told me. I looked up at her confused. "Myungsoo's friends has been wanting you two to date but you never told him anything, also Woohyun showed me the letter that he found" she explained. 

It made me feel worst. Myungsoo's friends knew and the whole school probably knows too! Myungsoo is my bestfriend but that's what I hated. I hated the fact that he was only my bestfriend. 

After a few minutes, we walked to my classroom and Myungsoo was in his seat. The class went quiet and Myungsoo only gave me a small glance. His friends smiled at me but I was glaring at Woohyun. He knew why and he didn't smile. 

"Lets go" Ailee said and dragged me to them. I stood there with my arms crossed. Everyone was just watching us and it felt sooo weird. 

"Yah! Can you stop staring now?..... Dang" I yelled and everyone turned away. Sungyeol chuckled and shook his head. 

"Aren't you mad today?" Hoya joked. I didn't reply and they all looked at Woohyun. "This is your fault" they said at the same time.

They started arguing at who's fault it was but then Myungsoo stood up and grabbed my hand. He led me to the roof and stood there looking at me. 

"B-bwoh?" I stuttered. His expression changed and he looked irritated, "...... Nothing". He moved closer to me.

His eyes were so encapturing. But the meaning in his eyes, I could never tell what it was. It left a emotionless look.

"Why did you bring me up here?" I backed away as he moved closer. "What is this?" he waved his phone in front of my face, making me wonder if it was an embarrasing picture of. 

I took it and saw that it was messages between him and my brother. 

B: Hey.. Its me Moonbin. I got something to tell you.

M: Bwoh.

B: I think I need your help... 

M: What? Did you get in trouble with another gang?

B: Ani... It's my sister, I think she might have to move in with you

B: ONLY temporarily! Something's going on right now with my parents and I don't think it's good for her to stay there. 

M: Yah.... What do you mean it's not safe?

B: It's just my parents, something happened... Your parents said it's fine,so my parents dropped all of her stuff off at your house

M: What am I supposed to do?

B: Can you watch over her til I get back to Korea? Just until she gets back

M: .......

I looked up at Myungsoo, "What the-" . Myungsoo took his phone and sighed, "You have to meet with me after school, but seriously... What happened with your parents?".

Honestly, I didn't even know. I shook my head and raised my shoulders. Myungsoo sighed again and started walking back to class. I followed him silently and kept having the urge to ask him about the letter. 

"Um... Did you hear anything about me today? Or anything in general?" I asked. He kept walking, "No.... Wae?".

I hesitated and smiled in success. Success that he didn't find out. "But ... I did hear you like me" he paused but I didn't notice. I bumped into him and widened my eyes. 

"Yo-you what?" my cheeks got red. He looked down at me and smirked, "Nevermind". He turned around, leaving me looking like an idiot. "Damn it." I whispered and kicked my foot. 


During lunch, I completely ignored Myungsoo and tried to stay away from him. Ailee noticed the way I acted around him and punched me. I glared at her and she made a face. 

"Noona! Should we go skating tomorrow? Tomorrow's Saturday anyway" Sungjong interrupted our little argument. We both stared blankly at him. 

"Huh?" We said at the same time and the boys chuckled. "Oh yeah! Skating.... We should do that!" I agreed, forgeting that I don't know how to skate. 

"Skating.... Are you sure?" Sungyeol asked. I nodded confidently and then slowly realized I didn't know how. 

"Then... I guess we're skating tomorrow" Woohyun decided. I couldn't speak up now that the decision was made. Myungsoo chuckled and looked at me. 

 


After school, I slowly packed up, forgetting that I had to meet up with Myungsoo. I walked through the hallways slowly and thought about my brother. It's weird because he asked Myungsoo for permission. Moonbin isn't the type to ask Myungsoo permission for anything. 

While walking through the hallway, a group of guys walked towards me. I thought they were going to walk straight past me but they walked directly towards me. I wasn't going to run but as soon as one of the guys pulled out a knife, I ran. 

My heart was beating so fast and I didn't know what else to do except to run. I ran to the school's emergency exit and saw two white vans parked outside. So, I went back inside and went upstairs.

My phone started ringing and I picked it up. "Hello?" I asked. 

"Where are you?" It was Myungsoo. He sounded worried. 

I was panting and couldn't answer quickly. "Um... I-Im.... Next to... T-the dance ro-". I felt someone pull me to a room and they covered my mouth before I had the chance to scream. 

"Sshh.." the voice whispered and watched the guys run past the room we were in. I turned around and looked at the guy. 

"Myungsoo?!" I whispered. He looked mad and turned away from me. I took a deep breath and hugged him from behind. "I was ..... Soo scared" I said. He didn't say anything and turned around to look at me.

Suddenly, we heard the door knob turn. Myungsoo hid me behind him and waited. But no one entered the room. For some reason, it felt like someone was still out there. Myungsoo quietly walked to the door and opened it. But no one was there.

He grabbed my hand and started running. As soon as we got to the front of the school, a bunch of guys showed up. But, so did SungGyu

SungGyu pulled in with his car and we got in really fast. SungGyu sped off and made sure we were okay. 

"Thanks hyung" Myungsoo said and looked back at the front of the school. "No problem but what the hell was that?" He slowed down. Myungsoo looked at me and didn't say anything. 

"Is this because of me?!.... Why did you just look at me like that?" I noticed. Myungsoo looked away and wouldn't speak. "Yah! You know something don't you?" I punched Myungsoo's arm and he glared at me. 

"They were just there.... And you were too. It's not a big deal" he lied. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "How were you even there to hide me?". 

Myungsoo ran his hand through his hair in frustration and looked so irritated. "The good thing is that I was there... You don't need to know why!" he snapped. I kept silent for the rest of the drive and felt angry.

When we got to Myungsoo's house, I refused to get out of the car and sat inside. But, then Myungsoo walked to my side and opened the door. He grabbed me by my wrist and dragged me out. I kept fighting with him and he ended up lifting me onto his shoulders. "Myungsoo! Put me down!" I yelled. He stepped into the house and put me down. i glared at him and he pointed at something behind me.

His parents were smiling at me. It was weird seeing them in their own house. They would usually be at my house or somewhere else.

"Hi... Mrs and Mr. Kim" I smiled as they approached me. They told me to sit and obviously I sat. 

"Your parents left your stuff here for you.... But its in Myungsoo's room right now." Mrs Kim explained. "We don't really have enough rooms, so we thought it'd be okay if you shared with Myungsoo... Since you two are closer than the rest". 

I looked at Myungsoo and he didn't seem to care. Then I nudged his arm. "Bwoh? You don't wanna share a room with me?" He smirked. My cheeks got red and I stood up. 

"Well.... Are you going to show me to the room or not?" I glared at him and he chuckled. He walked upstairs and I followed. 

His room was huge. Everything was organized too. There wasn't that many things in his room, only his clothes and shoes. There was some pictures. I walked to look at them and found a picture of us two. But we looked really weird. Not werid, but we looked like a couple. It was still weird. 

"You have a lot of pictures of us two" I softly laughed and he plopped down onto his bed. "My mom took a lot of pictures when we little and I just kept them.... that's all".

While he was telling me why there were a lot of pictures, I came across a picture of Ji yeon. His first love. "Isn't this-?" I turned and Myungsoo was standing right behind me. He grabbed the picture out of my hand and put it back on the shelf, making it face down. I ignored the way he acted about it and stood there quietly. 

"It's just a picture.... It doesn't mean anything" he tried to make an excuse but I could tell he probably still had feelings for her. "Um... You don't have to explain to me, it's not like I should really care... We're no-" I walked away but Myungsoo pulled me. "If you don't care... Whats the point of liking me?".

I pushed him away and turned around. "You're my bestfriend.... And I do-... I don't that to change". Myungsoo came up behind me and hugged me. He rested his head on my shoulder.

"Mian... For being your bestfriend".