Meeting Them

Flickering Candle (HIATUS)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“M-Mingyu? W-We have lots of things to do today…s-stop fooling around!” Wonwoo reprimanded softly, pushing the younger away by his chest.

“Why? Are you feeling scared now?” Mingyu smirked, his hands wrapped around the older’s wrist.

“N-No?! M-Mingyu-ah!” Wonwoo wriggled around, avoiding Mingyu’s intense staring.

“It’s not too late to admit. I may forgive you.” Mingyu continued staring down at the older, secretly pleased that Wonwoo was breaking under his teases.

“I didn’t do anything wrong…” Wonwoo shut his eyes tightly as Mingyu leaned in, his lips hovering over the older’s.

“Uh huh…then why are you so scared?” Mingyu whispered, his warm breath lingering on Wonwoo’s lips.

“S-Stop…teasing me…” Wonwoo whimpered, his eyes squeezing even tighter. Click! It sounded like someone just took a photo and when Wonwoo opened his eyes, he saw Mingyu rolling on his bed, gasping for a breath as he laughed.

“Did you just take a photo?! I hate you Kim Mingyu!” Wonwoo shouted, throwing a pillow at the younger’s face.

“AHAHAHAHA! THAT LOOK!” Mingyu’s boisterous laughter filled the room as he ran away from the older who looked like he was on the edge of murdering someone.

“I swear to god…you’ll regret this.” Wonwoo hissed under his breath.

“Oh yeah? What are you going to do?” Mingyu narrowed his eyes, the sides of his lips hanging up high.

“I’ll show you that Jeon Wonwoo isn’t a pushover.” It was Wonwoo’s turn to smirk as he closed the distance between them. As soon as Mingyu was within reach, Wonwoo started tickling the sides of the younger.

“AHHHH! THAT ISN’T FAIR! YOU PLAYED DIRTY TRICKS!” Mingyu squealed, rolling onto his back as Wonwoo’s finger dug into his sides non-stop.

“BABE PLEASE STOP! I’M DYING!” Mingyu laughed, his face turning red as he gasped for every single breath.

“Nope. I don’t hear the magic words darling~” Wonwoo cooed, fingers travelling down Mingyu’s sides as he hovered over the younger’s figure. Before Mingyu could say another word, the door slammed open revealing a fuming Jihoon.

“Shut up- Oh my god…you guys…” Jihoon stared at the weird position the couple were in, his mouth agape.

“T-That’s not what we’re doing! Whatever you’re thinking!” Wonwoo shook his hand furiously, desperate to bring his message across.

“J-Just…whatever…we’re leaving in 10.” Jihoon slammed the door shut, his face burning in embarrassment.

“…now he thinks we’re up to some funny business…” Wonwoo mumbled under his breath, getting off Mingyu.

“It’s not like we’re kids. And we’re a couple. There’s nothing wrong with that.” Mingyu reasoned.

“It’s all your fault anyways!” Wonwoo blamed, sighing as he stared at the mess they made of his room.  

“Hey…are you really mad?” Mingyu nudged, sensing a sudden drop in atmosphere.

“I-I’m just…” Wonwoo shook his head as he sat on the edge of his bed.

“Won? What’s wrong?” Mingyu placed a hand on Wonwoo’s left cheek, concerned about his sudden change in mood, entirely silent.

“I’m going to…miss this place…” Wonwoo forced a smile, his eyes twinkling a little at the thoughts of leaving another place he called home.

“Hey hey…you aren’t leaving forever. You can always come back during the weekends, to visit. Baby…” Mingyu gulped. It was funny how fast Wonwoo's mood could change, leading to the switch in atmosphere. 

“I know…but still…it’s hard to leave again…” Wonwoo let out a soft whimper.

“Come on…I’ll help you settle down for the first night. It wouldn’t be that tough.” Mingyu encouraged, running his hand through Wonwoo’s hair.

“…how will I survive without you…?” Wonwoo mumbled, burying his face into Mingyu’s chest.

“You can’t. It’s a life sentence. You’re stuck with me for life.” Mingyu giggled, massaging Wonwoo’s stiff shoulders, comforting him.

“Sounds good.” Wonwoo let out a relieved sigh. He couldn’t be more grateful for having Mingyu in his life. The younger could always somehow lift his mood with a few words and actions. 

“So let’s start moving big baby. Jihoon hyung is going to kill us if he has to come back once more.” Mingyu ruffled Wonwoo’s hair before stepping aside to pick up the boxes, bringing them downstairs. They loaded the car with their luggage and boxes, setting off towards the dorms.

As they got to the dormitory blocks, they found out that Jihoon’s block was the only secluded block, reason being the music majors having to practice. By having their block away from the rest, the students didn’t have to worry about any disruption. Wonwoo’s block was right in the middle of the dormitory area, having the various cafeterias and studying rooms just around the corner. Right in front of his block was the dorms designated for the majors in art, Soonyoung’s block. Well, at least he had company nearby. 

 

“Hellooooo~ It seems like we got here first…” Mingyu commented as he stepped into Wonwoo’s dorm.

There were two loft beds with a pretty spacious study table below each, one by the balcony and the other was at the other corner of the room. The steps leading up to the actual bed itself had built-in cupboards, built-in shelves, an empty cork board and a lamp were placed on the table that was below the actual bed. The space separating both beds were occupied by 2 wardrobes.

“Woah…the view is amazing…” Wonwoo gaped as he stood at the balcony, having an overview of the mini park separating the dorm buildings. Each balcony of the blocks had a different shade and different colour, brightening the looks of the buildings. Wonwoo was definitely feeling much better, seeing how well-equipped and convenient the dorms were.

“If only we were the same age…why do I have to be a high schooler…” Mingyu complained, slipping his arms around Wonwoo’s waist as he stood behind the older, looking over his shoulder.

“High school is so much easier…enjoy your time there while it lasts!” Wonwoo turned around, pinching Mingyu’s cheeks.

“I can’t enjoy without you.” Mingyu pouted, his shoulders slouching.

“Aww…Seokmin, Seungkwan and Minghao would be hurt to hear you say that.” Wonwoo laughed as he stood on his tip toes, arms wrapped around Mingyu’s neck.

“No one can replace my Wonnie.” Mingyu leaned in to peck Wonwoo on his lips.

“And no one can replace my puppy.” Wonwoo grinned, hugging Mingyu tight as he took in a whiff of the younger. Definitely going to miss him more than I expect. The two of them pulled apart when they heard someone clear their throat from behind.

“Erm…I think I got the wrong room. Sorry.” A guy with medium sized doe eyes panicked as the couple stared at him. He picked up his luggage, dragging it behind him as he rushed out.

“That. Was weird.” Mingyu commented, raising a brow in the direction of the weird guy.

Wonwoo was about to chide Mingyu for making his comment when the same guy barged back into the room again.

“I swear…are my eyes playing tricks on me? This is room…317 right?” The guy narrowed his eyes that were going over the letter in his hand.

“Yup, that’s right!” Wonwoo nodded his head.

“Right…why am I such a …I didn’t know that the dorms were…shared by 3 people…” The guy dragged his sentence, scratching his nape as he looked at the two taller guys before him with curious eyes.

“Actually…it’s shared by two people. I guess I’m your roommate! He’s just here to help me settle down. I’m Jeon Wonwoo!” Wonwoo took a step closer, giving an awkward smile while holding his hand out. His roommate had to lift his head slightly to make eye contact with him.

“Ah…that explains some parts of it…Right! Sorry! My name is Wooshin.” He awkwardly reached out for Wonwoo’s hand, eventually shaking it.

“Kim Mingyu.” Mingyu introduced himself, wariness and threat evident in his tone.

“Nice to meet you. Are you a freshman here too?” Wooshin asked, as he retracted his hand that was ignored by Mingyu.

“Nope…still a high schooler…” Mingyu answered, raising a brow at the other.

“Oh…You look really familiar though…do you perhaps model somewhere?” Wooshin asked, his eyes scanning Mingyu from head to toe.

“No.” Was the only word Wooshin received in return.

“I think you should…you look…pre

Please log in to read the full chapter